Sign in to follow this  
Shia Venezuelan

Improve my english

Your first priority is to not only memorize all the prepositions, but how to use them in -in English.

You probably already know the letters are a sound code. Know the vowels and how they change:

a ==aaah, at; with "e" =ate <---back to the letter's name, "A"

e == ehh ...

I == ih

o ==oh...

u == uh <--low tone

-le === uhl ...  apple, people,

EA

1] "ea"  =  e`'e       e, sound with a dip in pitch, ear, hear, sear, near, dear, ...

2] "ea" = eh-ah` (ah drops in tone) tear, wear, pear, and bear [actually, 'bear' is pronounced "behare" as one syllable sounding a lot like "bahr" but people changed the pronunciation.]

EO

As in "people", the "o" changes the pitch of the "e", similarly to the "A" in Aesop.

That is most of the "hard" part.

The easiest part is: a letter is pronounced as "half the letter name".

When you want l can explain "g" and others later. Write down your questions.

Edited by hasanhh

11 hours ago, Shia Venezuelan said:

My English is very basic, I just master the verbs "to be", "to have" and "to do". What do you suggest me to improve it?

I think your English is very good.

If you want to learn more, there is an app called Duolingo (on phone or computer) which you can learn loads of languages from, including English.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Is it true that isis soldiers even killed babies?
    • Remove "knowledge" & "power" from the scene.
    • If you mean about Moses speaking to God (which I probably think this was the story, though never knew the bush was not consumed), then it was a miracle. A miracle is : An extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency. That is what we call "Tawaqqu' al-mustaqbal" predicting the future, and it is haram/Forbidden to do, and the nice thing is they mostly don't work, unless it was a "wild" guess, as some call it. Though the Prophet (sawa) once predicted future events more than 1 time, and all of them came true, you interested? Again, if the "angels"(which I think you mean) were to appear they wouldn't appear from their own will, God wants them to appear. Again, God is: the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. So God can basically break the laws, which he himself created, when he wants, as they don't apply to him.   Though angels in Islam aren't the winged angels, they are some sort of "Spirits" of  unknown nature. The word "Mala'ika" means the "heavenly" ones, or the ones who always obey. So again not the winges creatures like the Christian/Jewish thoughts. Though they could possibly lift themselves through the means/ways of aerodynamics. Only God knows.   This one happened, I think it was by Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (a), he basically puts the amputated part, on the other, and joins them together.  I have seen the name "Allah" once through a cloud, not sure if it is going to help though. Well, it is pretty hard to do so. 
    • What? That's crazy. People who think like that need self esteem, not employment. 
    • All the above activity,  but this( post below )  is not possible http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235006908-sunnis-and-shias-can-we-just-unite/?page=11&tab=comments#comment-3098307 Your answer was I responded to you, "Seal of the Prophets, Prophet Muhammad al Mustafa, (peace be upon him and his pure progeny) the best of the creation, the best example to follow for you, the one who has more right on you then you yourself. Is off limits to your conversations? its a deal breaker. So, who's Sunnah are you using/ discussing/ following as a role model in formulating your plans for the Caliphate?  It seems like its a political meeting, for political power struggle.  ***** Above should be clear enough. Lets talk about, this notion of Social Unity, Political Unity, which is foreign to Islam. As Islam is not a personal relationship with Ones version of god. Its a way of like, which incorporates, individual, social, economic political aspects. So we do not have a concept of Social Unity, ot political Unity and lets leave the religion alone for now. This is a secular concept.  Your stated goals for the Social & Political unity is the Common enemy. This is a foreign playbook, that we do not follow. يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنْكُمْ ۖ فَإِنْ تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا {59} [Pickthal 4:59] O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger and those of you who are in authority; and if ye have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to Allah and the messenger if ye are (in truth) believers in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more seemly in the end. So, let come to the Messenger, and understand what is our true Religion. I mentioned it Page 4 of this Thread,we are at page 11. with a lot of distraction(s) in between. http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235006908-sunnis-and-shias-can-we-just-unite/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-3097753 Read the post above the one posted here, on page 4.  Read and understand this, and review the life to see what was the Common enemy at that time, it was not a foreign enemy. Follow the Sunnah of the Truthful.  Abu Sa'íd al-Khudari reports that one day we were sitting waiting for the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) to come out. He came to us while we saw that the strap of his shoe was broken; he gave it to 'Ali to repair. Then he said, "One of you will wage war for the interpretation (ta'wíl) of the Qur'an just as I waged war for its revelation (tanzíl)." Abu Bakr said, "Am I the one?" The Prophet said, "No." Then 'Umar said, "Am I the one?" The Prophet said, "No, but the one who is repairing the shoe."15 https://www.al-islam.org/shiism-imamate-and-wilayat-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/knowledge-ahlul-bayt#6-concept-al-quran-natiq ***** You can have your plan an work it, try working with GCC and OPEC, if you ever succeed here, go for a Islamic Union.( social, political, economic, go for common currency) as a start. Fix the problem within, before going after the External Common enemy. Another thing, we did not have any such deals here , that "Seal of the Prophets, Prophet Muhammad al Mustafa, (peace be upon him and his pure progeny) the best of the creation, the best example to follow for you, the one who has more right on you then you yourself. Is off limits to our conversations? So, you have said you peace and given your plan, let us have an academic discussion.