Sign in to follow this  
Kamaaluddeen al-Ismail

Islam will overcome Christianity.....

Rate this topic

Pew analysis revealed Muslims are the fastest-growing religious group in the world and in 2010 there were 1.6billion in the world - about 23 per cent of the global population.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4270576/Islam-popular-global-religion-2070.html#ixzz4b26QfHIo 

5 hours ago, Kamaaluddeen al-Ismail said:

Pew analysis revealed Muslims are the fastest-growing religious group in the world and in 2010 there were 1.6billion in the world - about 23 per cent of the global population.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4270576/Islam-popular-global-religion-2070.html#ixzz4b26QfHIo 

Maybe. But that is today. If Muslims become the same freedom, standard of living and education as in Christian nations, birthrate will fall.

Yes, that is true.

Also, human nature gravitates towards materialism and with more money, education and freedom, God will take the back seat.

Muslims will turn away from Islam, Christians from Christianity and Buddhists from Buddhism. 

God enters our lives when we are in deprivation and distress and is quickly forgotten in better times.

The above comments are true but I always wonder if they compared the number of practicing Christians vs practicing Muslims would we (Muslims) already be in the majority? I'm sure we would in certain areas of the UK and some other European counties at least.

Also I saw a survey once where they questioned those who had identified as Christian (in the U.K. or maybe just England - can't remember) and a significant amount of those who identified as Christian didn't actually belief in basic tenets like the virgin birth of Jesus (AS)! The people conducting the research concluded that a lot of respondents were identifying with the faith on a purely cultural basis. I.E. I'm English so I must be CofE regardless of actual belief (this may be more common amongst older ppl?). 

Ive noticed a lot of my family do this too; they tick the Christian/CofE box on the census but their are actually agnostic and not even sure they believe in God ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì at all. I acknowledge this may be a thing cultural Muslims do too but in my experience most non-practicing Muslims still believe in the basic tenets of Islam. My experience is mainly with those of Turkish descent though...

16 hours ago, baqar said:

Yes, that is true.

Also, human nature gravitates towards materialism and with more money, education and freedom, God will take the back seat.

Muslims will turn away from Islam, Christians from Christianity and Buddhists from Buddhism. 

God enters our lives when we are in deprivation and distress and is quickly forgotten in better times.

Wish there was a button for "agree" as opposed to "like". I totally agree, even though I don't like it.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, Kamaaluddeen al-Ismail said:

Salam Kamaaluddeen al-Ismail,

I personally think atheism will increase too. Why? Because of Jesus Christ's prophecy: (I boldened some.)

“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Matthew 24:9-14 (NIV)

Jesus Christ makes it clear that "many will turn away from the faith" and "the love of most will grow cold" but that "this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world".. and "then the end will come."

The Gospel of the Kingdom is still being preached in the whole world. The end is nearer now than it was before, which is interesting. Current events show that wickedness is indeed increasing and the love of most is indeed growing cold. It's only a matter of time when the end will come; God knows!

However, Jesus Christ makes it clear to his followers to be ready, no matter what other people do:

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." - Matthew 24:42-44 (NIV)

He also gives his followers a stern warning about the importance of obeying him and loving people:

“Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. - Matthew 24:45-51 (NIV)

So, while definitely Christians are not growing in numbers, what's important to Jesus Christ is quality over quantity. We need to be faithful, wise, loving and obedient servants to Jesus Christ, or we will be punished as hypocrites.

(Jesus Christ is not pleased with hypocrites.)

Peace and God bless you

On 3/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, Son of Placid said:

Wish there was a button for "agree" as opposed to "like". I totally agree, even though I don't like it.

Salam Son of Placid,

I agree with you!!! I agree with Baqar's post which is why I clicked liked on it.  However, it's sad so I don't like the sadness of it, but I agree with the truth of it. 

Sometimes, the truth is sad - like the sad truth that people are killing other people in different parts of the world. :(:(:( I don't like that and it is sad, but it's true. 

It's important to be reminded however how easy it is to become a hypocrite, or just religious in name only. Obedience to God is important, much more important than labels.

As Jesus Christ said, we need to bear good fruit:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. - John 15:5-8 (NIV)

For Christians, it's not enough to simply label oneself as "Christian"...

Peace and God bless you