muslim007

Buying halal pizza where thy sell pizza with bacon

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum

Is it permissible to buy halal pizza from a place where they also sell pizza with bacon? I am concerned that the pork as it is baked will make the oven dirty but is that correct? They use the same oven to bake both bacon and bovine?

I live in Denmark where there are many turkish restaurants who sell both. So is it clean or is it actually not allowed? Is it only allowed to buy from them if they dont sell pork meat at all?

What are the rulings?

Thanks in advance.

There are halal bacon and halal meats in some restaurants. If you know the bacon or meat is haram in a particular shop, remember that it is sitting on top of the pizza, so it would not make the oven najis. Just be sure when you order your cheese or vegetable pizza to say you want it to be cut with a clean knife (or pizza cutter) because you don't want it to be cut with a utensil that has MEAT on it. Many vegetarian people request this as well, so you won't be asking something they never heard before. 

3 minutes ago, muslim007 said:

And also dont want to buy a vegetable pizza but with bovine meat on it or sharwarma meat.. 

Whatever kind of pizza you order, just ask for a clean knife to cut it so they won't cut it with a knife or pizza cutter that has haram meat on it.  

From which scholar did you respected members learn this from? Because in all these years  i have pretty much only bought pizza from places where they dont sell pork but now that i no longer live in the same place i wanted to be sure that it is okay for me to buy from a place where they unfortunately also sell pork.

Thanks in advance 

14 minutes ago, muslim007 said:

From which scholar did you respected members learn this from? Because in all these years  i have pretty much only bought pizza from places where they dont sell pork but now that i no longer live in the same place i wanted to be sure that it is okay for me to buy from a place where they unfortunately also sell pork.

Whatever haram meat is on top of somebody else's pizza, it won't be falling onto the oven to make your pizza najis. Workers are definitely told not to let ingredients on top of any pizza fall onto the oven which will cause burning and smoke and make the shop smell bad. Customers don't want to go to a shop that smells like burned food. Use your logic. Do you want to ask your marja about a pizza oven being najis? 

38 minutes ago, muslim007 said:

Thanks in advance 

It's not haram to eat from a place that sells pork, haram meat or alcohol, as long as they aren't being served on your own table where you're eating. Like what the others said, tell them to use a clean knife to cut it.

There will always be cross contamination in instances like this.  It is unavoidable.  Sometimes small pieces of meat fall into the containers containing other toppings like mushrooms or olives and blend in.  Sometimes grease from the meats drips onto parts of the oven and then comes in contact with your pizza.  

As to whether or not that cross contamination is permissible is something that I have debated.  I'm of the opinion that it should be avoided as long as one is able.  If you have access to food that is 100% halal, and likely healthier for you, you should attempt to avoid pizza that could be cross contaminated.  When I lived at home with my parents I avoided eating anywhere at any restaraunt that wasn't 100% zabiha halal.  But since I now live in a small town that has no zabiha, it makes it very difficult, and I do eat pizza sometimes when I don't have anything cooked.

20 minutes ago, coldcow said:

There will always be cross contamination in instances like this.  It is unavoidable.  Sometimes small pieces of meat fall into the containers containing other toppings like mushrooms or olives and blend in.  Sometimes grease from the meats drips onto parts of the oven and then comes in contact with your pizza.  

As to whether or not that cross contamination is permissible is something that I have debated.  I'm of the opinion that it should be avoided as long as one is able.  If you have access to food that is 100% halal, and likely healthier for you, you should attempt to avoid pizza that could be cross contaminated.  When I lived at home with my parents I avoided eating anywhere at any restaraunt that wasn't 100% zabiha halal.  But since I now live in a small town that has no zabiha, it makes it very difficult, and I do eat pizza sometimes when I don't have anything cooked.

I agree if you said burger stores like mcdonalds/burgerking where there'll always be cross contamination, but pizza stores are typically more cleaner and less likely to cross contaminate.

If you can avoid these places.....then do so....

try your best to avoid these places

i am sure you can eat pizza somewhere else.....perhaps making your own at home? or from muslims places....i know where i am from there is muslims places that sell pizza so i am pretty sure they have some at your place........

Its a small place... Denmark and the town is also small. Not many muslims live here. Kinda annoying and sad. I  wish there were more real muslim restaurants etc.. But i may just make my own eventhough i am not good at it :p

12 minutes ago, muslim007 said:

But i may just make my own eventhough i am not good at it :p

Practice! It's easy to find recipes online to get you started. Follow the recipes at first, then when you have more confidence you can experiment to get it just exactly how you like.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:14 PM, muslim007 said:

But i may just make my own eventhough i am not good at it :p

@muslim007 Until you learn how to make pizza dough, you can buy flat bread, sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. Spread sauce on the bread, add cheese and toppings, then bake until the cheese is melted.

On 3/4/2017 at 6:42 PM, hameedeh said:

Whatever kind of pizza you order, just ask for a clean knife to cut it so they won't cut it with a knife or pizza cutter that has haram meat on it.  

Salam sister.

We also have to make sure to be careful about the ingredients such as oil and what not. Some pizza places do indeed put lard fat.

17 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

I agree if you said burger stores like mcdonalds/burgerking where there'll always be cross contamination, but pizza stores are typically more cleaner and less likely to cross contaminate.

Disagree.  There are multiple points of cross contamination.  For example:

-The hands that put the cheese on the pizza are the same hands that reach into the bins with peporroni and sausage and other toppings.

-They are unlikely to actually use a clean knife to cut the pizza, though they may tell you they will on the phone, the odds of these instructions making it to the person making the pizza are unlikely.

-The grease from non-halal meats often drip down onto the grill of the oven or onto the cutting surface where pizza is cut, and your pizza will soon be

And I'm sure there are other points I can't think of at the moment.

Edited by coldcow

On 3/5/2017 at 10:49 AM, coldcow said:

Disagree.  There are multiple points of cross contamination.  For example:

-The hands that put the cheese on the pizza are the same hands that reach into the bins with peporroni and sausage and other toppings.

-They are unlikely to actually use a clean knife to cut the pizza, though they may tell you they will on the phone, the odds of these instructions making it to the person making the pizza are unlikely.

-The grease from non-halal meats often drip down onto the grill of the oven or onto the cutting surface where pizza is cut, and your pizza will soon be

And I'm sure there are other points I can't think of at the moment.

The grease definitely drips on the PAN itself on which pizza is made so cutting with a clean knife or ordering cheese or vegg pizza from any pizza store that sell pork products is a no no. Pizza pans cannot be washed before making a cheese or veg pizza as it needs grease an the PAN or the dough will get stuck. In all franchise pizza stores pizza hut, Little Caesars, costco,  Dominos, Papa Jones etc pork pepperoni is the majority selling pizza which Is dripping with oil.  This same pan is used for cheese veg pizza. You absolutely cannot get pizza from this stores. Majority cut their pizza on the same pan or on the same cutting board. Think about it just because they have deals and are cheaper than halal pizza places majority of our Muslim over look these things.