Sign in to follow this  
Ali Emanoil Mustafa

How is Najaf ?

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Wa Sallallahu Ala Muhammadin wa Ale Muhammad Attayibeen attahireen 

Selam Brothers and Sisters

So since i converted i always wanted to study in Hawza. At first i was supposed to go to Qum but i discussed with the sheikh of my mosque and he said that najaf would be better.

Now InshaAllah i wish i can make it and go there

But i still have some questions and doubts

1-Is Najaf dangerous ? I mean every place is dangerous at a certain degree, but i mean is it more dangerous than Qum for example 

2-How are people over there ? Most Iraqis i met are amazing people and i have a special place in my heart for Iraq and Iraqis , but how does the common Iraqi react to someone coming from another country to study and live there ?

3-Is it hard to integrate ? I mean as a balkanic i understand pretty well arab customs but i am still probably not aware of everything

JazakhAllah WaSalam 

For the hawza this is a good English documentary to watch if you haven't seen it http://ahlulbayt.tv/ondemand/episode/d412a5wx/Najaf_Life_On_Campus/

This one is for the actual city this one I haven't seen if you have or when you finished it let me know how it is if you want.

http://ahlulbayt.tv/ondemand/episode/f798u9yg/Najaf_The_City_Of_Alias/

Edited by Al Hadi

salam,

They are both good. What you need to focus on is which one makes it easier for you to study without worrying about other issues such as healthcare, place to live, rent prices, prices in general etc etc. When you figure that out it makes it easier to make a choice.

Other than that its inportant to understand that there is no one Hawzah in Najaf and one Hawzah in Qom. Both have several hawzahs and you need to research which gives the best type of education you want. Both have modern and orthodox styles e5c etc.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Sallallahu ala muhammadin wa ale muhammad Attayibeen attahireen

Salam dear brothers and sisters

I made a post about this a while ago but i got no answers unfortunately so i am trying again.

I have the opportunity to go to study in Najaf and i really feel like this is one of the greatest thing i could do in my life right now

but with that being said i have some questions that come to mind:

1-How is najaf ? i mean putting aside the great spirituality of being near the tomb of Amirul Mumineen(AS) , how is life over there overall ?

2-How do people react to stranger going there ? Most of the iraqis i have met are amazing people and i hold iraq and its people dear to my heart but i am just curious

3-Is it dangerous over there ? I know its dangerous everywhere but do you have to be in constant fear for your life ?

brother @repenter and @Al Hadi replied to your previous thread that you claim got no answers.

salam,

They are both good. What you need to focus on is which one makes it easier for you to study without worrying about other issues such as healthcare, place to live, rent prices, prices in general etc etc. When you figure that out it makes it easier to make a choice.

Other than that its inportant to understand that there is no one Hawzah in Najaf and one Hawzah in Qom. Both have several hawzahs and you need to research which gives the best type of education you want. Both have modern and orthodox styles e5c etc.

For the hawza this is a good English documentary to watch if you haven't seen it http://ahlulbayt.tv/ondemand/episode/d412a5wx/Najaf_Life_On_Campus/

This one is for the actual city this one I haven't seen if you have or when you finished it let me know how it is if you want.

http://ahlulbayt.tv/ondemand/episode/f798u9yg/Najaf_The_City_Of_Alias/

Edited by Hassan Y