LoverofAllah

Doctor or psychologist

Asalamu alaykum 

I don't know if I should be a doctor or a psychologist. I want to be a doctor for the sawaab but at the same time the studies are hard. And psychology I like it because I think it is interesting and I like the studies. I like the both and the studies are 5 years but I can't choose which one I should study to. I need some help please. Jazak Allah khair 

Salam. Have you discussed this with your family? If they are pushing you to be a doctor and you want to be a psychologist, you need to discuss it some more. 

Be a psychiatrist. That is both and more interesting.

Note: the radio said today, Friday, that the Rorschach Test is 100 years old.

You know these: ink images of pigs feet, snakes with moustaches, mutagenic butterflies, and other artistic efforts.

8 hours ago, LoverofAllah said:

Asalamu alaykum 

I don't know if I should be a doctor or a psychologist. I want to be a doctor for the sawaab but at the same time the studies are hard. And psychology I like it because I think it is interesting and I like the studies. I like the both and the studies are 5 years but I can't choose which one I should study to. I need some help please. Jazak Allah khair 

Do, what are you best it, you can be an skilled person in that field for you contain builtin interest for that.

6 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Salam. Have you discussed this with your family? If they are pushing you to be a doctor and you want to be a psychologist, you need to discuss it some more. 

Wa alaykum Salam. No my family don't push me or anything they say you can be anything you want. 

Well, for starters there are many kinds of Doctors there, Cardiologists, Oncologists, Immunologists etc. If you find any of these interesting, then definitely go for being a doctor as it offers a large income and allowances. You could also become a neurologist and study the human brain and the nervous system, its  mechanisms etc. which is quite close to psychology as it teaches you a lot about human behavior.

Although, you should pursue what you are comfortable with. As this  your whole life depends on this decision.

May Allah grant you success.

18 hours ago, LoverofAllah said:

No my family don't push me or anything they say you can be anything you want. 

If you choose to be a psychologist you won't be sorry because you already like psychology. If you choose to be a doctor you could specialize in psychiatry. However, be aware that in medical school you might find that you love radiology, anesthesiology or something else, so you will need to make another decision about what kind of doctor you want to be. Good luck!

Guest Noorie110

Keep options open for you - if you can get into med school then work hard and be a doctor - those skills will never be taken from you, you also have lots of new areas open to you that you may not necessarily have thought of right now. You can always pick up psychology later in life. But if you know you really want to do psychology then do it and be the best. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• That is a good comment. Thanks for the points. First of all one user said that since eastern men think western women are freer, they are sinful. I did NOT mean that kind of freedom. It doesn't matter whether you are western or eastern. If you're Muslim, you won't do that. I mainly focused on freedom in working, money, and freedom in social interactions. These freedom I think does not attach man and woman to each other like before. For example, in SOME parts of eastern countries, man and woman are so dependent on each other. When you look at it, you see that they have some sort of limitations on their social interactions and give higher priority to family. You see that they spend MORE time than most western families with their family. I think one of the things that helped into these form of families is that wife is householder. She kept her husband around herself, and man became attracted and dependent on her. In western culture I think men at work are in contact with women. They are not Muslim and this is some sort of deterioration for his family base. Because he sees other women without Hijab, and if he doesn't follow religion correctly, he goes back home at night and compares his wife with his female colleagues (I know it's disgusting). These social interactions does not attach man and woman to each other in a proper way, and I think it is an introduction to freedom. I think it gives you this freedom to spend more time than before with your colleagues rather than your wife. Let me tell you from my experience of Iran. I personally cannot imagine that spending time with my friend is more enjoyable than my wife. I do know that other Iranian people have similar orientation if they are religious and did not have boy/girl friend in the past. I personally support women who work in companies with Hijab. It's some sort of advertisement and creates a good picture of Islam. About your idea on desi people, I think it's true to some of them. I also have this feeling towards them but not all. I asked my friend who is Indian: "do you like to support your wife financially if she wants to be house wife?" He said NO. That was surprising to me. He said she needs to work and earn money. I don't like supporting her financially. That is not acceptable to religion because even if woman works, man should give her Nafaghah. When I said cultural differences, I mainly meant this 50-50 culture that man and woman are both responsible and working.
    • That's a Catholic thing. Protestant churches have an empty cross. Nobody worships it as a God. It is a symbol, a reminder. The Israelites were into idols, they made many graven images, including a golden calf, they worshiped as a god. 
    • The Wahhabi phenomenon only occurred 120 years ago, prior to the creation of the wahhabis, Shia's were still persecuted by the mainstream Sunnis.  
    • It is important that the readers also understand the sequences  that lead up to saqifa. 1) The calamity of pen and paper, Umar denying Rasulullah (pbuh@hf) to write a will for the Ummah. 2) Close companion of Rasulullah (pbuh@hf) not joining the battalion Usama. 3) Did Rasulullah (pbuh@hf) call Abu Bakr to lead the prays?  4) Where was Abu Bakr when Rasulullah (pbuh@hf) had called him? 5) Umar denying that Rasulullah (pbuh@hf) died. 6) Umar in state shock then suddenly runs of to Saqifa. 7) Senior companions not attending the burial of the Prophet (pbuh&hf)   These are some of the events that lead up to Saqifa, and are recorded in Sunni Sahih books.
    • Did anyone in the Uk watch the show The Truth About Muslim Marriages (that could also have been called why women have no brain) Thoughts?