Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī

Why some Shias take the term "Rafidi" with pride?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

Why do some Shias take the term "Rafidi" with pride? I notice this can be the case with Iraqi shias, even in shia nasheeds you can hear it. 

Rafidi was a term which was applied to shias in the early years and when one of the companion of Imam Jafar al Sadiq a.s told it to Imam and got disappointed. Imam a.s said that Rafidi means those who deny and it is a good name as you deny the untruth. So, after this Shias do not got disappointed by the hate terms. 

6 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

Why do some Shias take the term "Rafidi" with pride? I notice this can be the case with Iraqi shias, even in shia nasheeds you can hear it. 

I consider it a personal badge of honor to be called a Rafidi.

If I'm known as rejecting the first 3 Khalifas as well as their teachings due to my belief that the rightful heir was Imam Ali (AS) then I am exactly that. A 100% Rafidi.

They said: We believe in the Lord of the worlds, The Lord of Musa and Haroun.

Firon said: Do you believe in Him before I have given you permission? Surely this is a plot which you have secretly devised in this city, that you may turn out of it its people, but you shall know:

They said, "Never will we prefer you over what has come to us of clear proofs and He who created us. So decree whatever you are to decree. You can only decree for this worldly life. And Allah is better and more enduring."

The term rafidi was introduced by Yazid who saw himself as the rightful caliph and therefore labelled the Shia of Imam Ali a.s. as rafidi.

Edited by Talut

For Anti Shia Sunnis its the biggest attacking insult that they can throw at us.

It must be rankling the ones that are silently monitoring this thread and finding out how much pride Shia take in being called Rafidi

I'm sure they'll get frustrated and start a thread on their forums...:hahaha:

ugur and Sindbad05 like this