Lunarious

I havent and wont read the Quran even if i'm musli

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

...m. I've read half of it. Enough to catch the spirit of Islam. It is my interior and my interior is halfway or more not there. My exterior is imam Ali. Because the prophet Muhammed says Imam Ali is the door to my knowledge (Quran). That is Nahjul Balagha, i have to prioritize it.

peace

I don't get what you mean?Are you saying that you won't read the Quran because Imam Ali (as) is the door of knowledge? You should read the Quran, it's very important, it is the infallible word of Allah, and the Nahjul Balagha is really a collection of hadiths which may or may not be authentic. Which do you think is more trustworthy?

Give the Quran a chance before you do something rash like this.

3 hours ago, Lunarious said:

...m. I've read half of it. Enough to catch the spirit of Islam. It is my interior and my interior is halfway or more not there. My exterior is imam Ali. Because the prophet Muhammed says Imam Ali is the door to my knowledge (Quran). That is Nahjul Balagha, i have to prioritize it.

peace

Lolz, Imam Ali a.s talked Quran and did what was according to Quran. His every step was according to Quranic statement. Quran was ingrained in his habits. Do not miss a great treasure, which is free. you will not get a teacher who teaches you for free in these days except Prophet, Ahle bait and Quran.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:49 AM, Lunarious said:

peace

I'm honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry because I'm not sure if you are a Troll or not since you're new here.

To prioritize the Nahjul Balagha over the Quran is probably one of the worst decisions you can make.

[MOD NOTE: Troll pic removed from a serious topic.]

A door lets you into the house, but the door without the house is just a piece of wood. 

I'm going to assume you were not serious. I'll feel better about that. 

Abbas. and Islandsandmirrors like this

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Are you serious?

Probably trying to show-off for himself.

9 hours ago, Lunarious said:

peace

it i not wrong approach. Staying in religious teaching circle with knowdlagble scholar os better than reciting Quran without being able to fathom it. That said, reciting Quran and aiming to understand it by itself is a good deed and can polish your heart and make it more receptive to islamic teachings.

2 hours ago, For The Love of The Emir said:

it i not wrong approach. Staying in religious teaching circle with knowdlagble scholar os better than reciting Quran without being able to fathom it. That said, reciting Quran and aiming to understand it by itself is a good deed and can polish your heart and make it more receptive to islamic teachings.

Nothing can beat the Word of Allah and the Word of Allah is the Heart of Islam. The Aale Muhammad a.s. do encircle the Word of Allah and not otherwise.

48 minutes ago, Talut said:

Nothing can beat the Word of Allah and the Word of Allah is the Heart of Islam. The Aale Muhammad a.s. do encircle the Word of Allah and not otherwise.

No doubt. 

Ahlulbayt words will never contradict Quran. One of the reasons why Quran was gradually revealed is to "demonstrate its rules and explain its words" for people for good time enough to be able to fathom it and adopt its teaching into their daily life.

It is said that the early muslim student custom was to recite a verse, memorise it then study its tafsir and related ahadiths then train self to adopt the teaching as habit before they move on to next verse.

Khwarij were known to be great Quran reciters and memorisers. It did not benefitted them the least. That said, reciting Quran while knowing the meaning of it is certainly a good deed. I am not arguing against the principle. I am saying that the brother approach to religion is not irrational. Maybe he is wording his approach using radical words like : I am not going to recite Quran again. 

Lunarious likes this

13 hours ago, Lunarious said:

peace

Imam Ali whom you want to follow read more than half the Quran.  

YAli, IbnSina, notme and 1 other like this

I believe the Quran is a dangerous tool. As long as i have a pure heart i'm doing great. Allah says: ALM. This book there is no doubt in it, guidance to those whom believe in the unknown...

i'll not learn parts of the Quran to leave it be unknown. Imam Ali is the commander of the faithful and believers. A believer obeys his commander, never prioritizing his King.

peace

As tempting as it is to think this is a troll post, there are people out there who believe this kind of stuff. They think the Qur'an can potentially be a book of misguidance. Which I think tells you all you need to know about the kind of beliefs they hold...

I wonder if any of these verses were in the half this poster read?

Do they not then reflect on the Quran? Nay, on the hearts there are locks. [47:24]

(It is) a Book We have revealed to you abounding in good that they may ponder over its verses, and that those endowed with understanding may be mindful. [38:29]

And the Messenger cried out: O my Lord! surely my people have treated this Quran as a forsaken thing. [25:30]

YAli likes this

I didn't know there were believers whom treated the Quran as with misguidance. But i've read the Quran from behind until Al-ahqaf or Muhammed. And the cow, and Al-Imran a bit. Thats it.

i've read do they not ponder on the Quran. All the others i havent, they were in the inaccesible section of the Quran for me. They are all placed in that section because they should be secret to Believers.

maaan, the world is a [Edited Out]ed up place. My task will never end. It is hard to admit that i've lost. I don't want to admit i've lost. I wish i would die. I am crying a flood of tears now. How can i accept...

never mind

16 minutes ago, Lunarious said:

i've read do they not ponder on the Quran. All the others i havent, they were in the inaccesible section of the Quran for me. They are all placed in that section because they should be secret to Believers.

How can a part of the Holy Qur'an not be accessible to you? 

Lunarious likes this

29 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

How can a part of the Holy Qur'an not be accessible to you? 

Because when i went to Quran school as kid i memorized the first juz'. So, i live in Norway, we read from left to right (from behind). So i got used to reading from behind. At age 19 1/2, i read upto Muhammed or ahqaf,

otherwise i've read from front but i didn't get through, because from like verse 40 or 60 and up it was unimportant things for a believers, not pleasurable intriguiging verses about jews oaths and nikah and loan.

with believer i mean lesser jihadist. External jihadist.

peace

1 minute ago, Lunarious said:

I promised Allah that i wouldn't read the middle when i set out at 19 years.

Why would you make such a promise? Some Muslims read the whole Qur'an in one year. Others read the whole Qur'an during the month of Ramadan. The whole Qur'an is for all mankind, not just Muslims. As a Muslim you should know what the Holy Qur'an says. At least read it once in your lifetime. 

3 minutes ago, ShiaChat Moderator said:

Why would you make such a promise? Some Muslims read the whole Qur'an in one year. Others read the whole Qur'an during the month of Ramadan. The whole Qur'an is for all mankind, not just Muslims. As a Muslim you should know what the Holy Qur'an says. At least read it once in your lifetime. 

Because i'm high functioning autist, still autist. Allah was my only friend, i had a personal relationship with him, and when i had read half the Quran and other books i had my fill. Then i set out. I told him if i need to fill up i'll read the quran agan, but then i got physically active and couldn't read anymore. My task is (self appointed) is over.

peace

My oldest son also has high functioning autism. :)

I encourage you to complete your reading of the Quran, if not now, at least someday. It's definitely good to feel a personal relationship with The Creator, but in a relationship, usually one would want to know all the Other has to tell. 

I don't know which half you've read, but I'm sure the other half includes things you want to know. 

No rush though.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions about the Quran or Islam, please share them here. We have a lot of knowledgeable brothers and sisters here, who are often quite helpful. 

Hameedeh likes this

46 minutes ago, Lunarious said:

I promised Allah that i wouldn't read the middle when i set out at 19 years.

Allah will not hold you to a promise like this. 

Hameedeh likes this

5 minutes ago, notme said:

Allah will not hold you to a promise like this. 

He won't? Why?

2 hours ago, Lunarious said:

He won't? Why?

I remember reading of an incident during the life of the Prophet (as) in which some married Muslim men had sworn to not enjoy the company of their wives for some period of time. They had difficulty keeping the vow, so they went to the Prophet for advice. He assured them that they are not obligated to keep such a promise which takes them away from good Islamic practices and spirituality.

The case of the men avoiding the company of their wives is analogous to you not reading the middle part of the Quran. Reading the entire Quran is good Islamic practice, therefore your promise to not read it will not be accepted. If your promise isn't accepted, you aren't bound by it. 

I'm not that knowledgeable. Maybe another site member can provide the exact narration of the incident that I've recalled.