Reza

Alert: Be aware certain views expressed do not conform to established religious or scientific thought.

Message added by Reza

Many people today have the belief that the Earth is a Sphere and we have witnessed many other planets in the "Universe" and soon we will live on other planets. I am here to inform you that is incorrect. The Earth is not a Sphere,its a Dome. Scientists have faked NASA missions going into space and have used fish-eye lens to make the Earth look round. Scientists have confirmed in the past that we cannot leave the Stratosphere. You may be saying right now: "I have a telescope and with it I have seen the Planets". Well the telescopes themselves have fish-eye lens as well as other lens components that illuminate the Stars in a such a way that they look like a Sphere Planet. If people were to find out that we are living in a World that we cant leave, people would freak out and ultimately turn to Islam (Shia Islam) andd accept as the truth because the Quran describes the Earth as a Dome shape with four corners. In Imam Ali's (as) First Sermon, he even talks about the separation of the two bodies of water and that Allah made one of the bodies of water as a sky with a rotating firmanent. The Catholic Bible is almost identical to Imam Ali's (as) description in Genesis that Allah made a dome, so we can agree that this description in the Bible is acceptable to use. Basically when Allah was creating the sky, he designed it with the Stars, The Moon and The Sun, above the firmanent. You might be thinking: "How can the Stars, the Sun and Moon be in water?". Well Scientists have actually discovered the capability of creating light in water in a method called Sonoluminescence which is literally a Star formed in water that can be thousands of degrees hot, just like an actual star.

You can even look at the Sky right now and see this body of Water. Scientists claim that this is the reflection of the "Water on Earth" but we can all be honest and realized that the Water on the ground isnt as fresh and blue as its so called "Reflection" in the Sky. 

Amir al-Mumineen even warned the Ummah about the Science of Astronomy, which is the same Science that is used today to find more so called "Galaxies" and "Suns" . Astronomers are the exact reason why many people today are Athiests, Agnostics and Polythiests. The Mushrik have this Science as a weapon to prove that Allah doesnt exist and that we were created by the "Big Bang Theory". If that was true than how come Scientists today are still failing to recreate the Big Bang which they have been trying to accomplish for a number of years. NASA keeps making promises to Mankind about us being able to go Mars soon and that people can purchase tickets and also when they found out that so called Sister Earth which supposedly has the same living conditions as Earth but how would we know that? Also these ridiculous studies about witnessing a "Hurricane on Jupiter". Like how would we know this stuff? It seems a little bit unrealistic. 

Problem is Astronomy has destroyed Mankind and people are very confused on what to believe and the Shaytan because of this has really misled a lot of humans.

[Mod Note: Two topics about Dome Earth were merged.]

Edited by Hameedeh
To add Mod Note.

الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : أيُّها النّاسُ ، إيّاكُم وتَعَلُّمَ النُّجومِ إلّا ما يُهتَدى‏ بهِ في بَرٍّ أو بَحرٍ ، فإنّها تَدعو إلَى الكِهانَةِ ، والمُنَجِّمُ كالكاهِنِ ، والكاهِنُ كالسّاحِرِ ، والسّاحِرُ كالكافِرِ ، والكافِرُ في النّارِ

Imam Ali (AS) said,

'O people, beware of learning astrology except that which is used for guidance in the land or the sea [astronomy], because it [astrology] leads to divining and an astrologer is like a diviner. And the diviner is like a sorcerer, and a sorcerer is like the disbeliever and the disbeliever will be in Hell.' 

Nahj al-Balagha, Sermon 79

الإمامُ الصّادقُ عليه السلام - لَمّا سألَهُ زِنديقٌ عن عِلمِ النُّجومِ - : هُو عِلمٌ قَلَّت مَنافِعُهُ وكَثُرَت مَضَرّاتُهُ ؛ لأ نّهُ لا يُدفَعُ بهِ المَقدورُ ولا يُتَّقى‏ بهِ المَحذورُ ، إن أخبَرَ المُنَجِّمُ بالبَلاءِ لَم يُنجِهِ التَّحَرُّزُ مِن القَضاءِ ، وإن أخبَرَ هُو بخَيرٍ لَم يَستَطِعْ تَعجيلَهُ ، وإن حَدَثَ بهِ سُوءٌ لَم يُمكِنْهُ صَرفُهُ ، والمُنَجِّمُ يَضادُّ اللَّهَ في عِلمِهِ بزَعمِهِ أ نّهُ يَرُدُّ قَضاءَ اللَّهِ عَن خَلقِهِ 

Imam al-Sadiq (AS),

when an atheist asked him about the science of the stars [i.e. astrology] said, 'It is a science whose benefits are few and whose harms are many... an astrologer contradicts Allah in His knowledge, claiming he is refuting Allah in His fate over His creation.' 

Bihar al-Anwar, v. 58, p. 223, no. 3

عبد الملكِ بنِ أعيَنٍ : قلتُ لأبي عبدِ اللَّهِ عليه السلام : إنّي قدِ ابتُلِيتُ بهذا العِلمِ ، فاُريدُ الحاجَةَ ؛ فإذا نَظَرتُ إلَى الطّالِعِ ورأيتُ الطّالِعَ الشَّرَّ جَلَستُ ولَم أذهَبْ فيها ، وإذا رأيتُ الطّالِعَ الخَيرَ ذَهَبتُ في الحاجَةِ ، فقالَ لي : تَقضي  قلتُ : نَعَم ، قالَ : أحرِقْ كُتُبَكَ 

Imam al-Sadiq (AS)

Abd al-Malik b. Ayan said, 'I asked Abu Abdillah [al-Sadiq] (AS), 'I have been tried by this science [astrology], so when I want something I look at the rising star, and if I see the rising star as evil, I desist from pursuing that thing, and if I see good in the rising star, I pursue the matter.' He asked me, 'Do you predict fate?' I said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Then burn your books.'

al-Faqih, v. 2, p. 267, no. 2402

Imam Ali's (as) First Sermon Nahjhul Balagha:

العالم

He initiated creation most initially and commenced it originally, without undergoing reflection, without making use of any experiment, without innovating any movement, and without experiencing any aspiration of mind. He allotted all things their times, put together their variations gave them their properties, and determined their features knowing them before creating them, realising fully their limits and confines and appreciating their propensities and intricacies.

أَنْشَأَ الخَلْقَ إنْشَاءً، وَابْتَدَأَهُ ابْتِدَاءً، بِلاَ رَوِيَّة أَجَالَهَا، وَلاَ تَجْرِبَة اسْتَفَادَهَا، وَلاَ حَرَكَة أَحْدَثَهَا، وَلاَ هَمَامَةِ نَفْس اضطَرَبَ فِيهَا. أَحَالَ الاْشياءَ لاِوْقَاتِهَا، وَلاَمَ بَيْنَ مُخْتَلِفَاتِهَا، وَغَرَّزَ غَرائِزَهَا، وَأَلزَمَهَا أشْبَاحَهَا، عَالِماً بِهَا قَبْلَ ابْتِدَائِهَا، مُحِيطاً بِحُدُودِها وَانْتِهَائِهَا، عَارفاً بِقَرَائِنِها وَأَحْنَائِهَا.

When Almighty created the openings of atmosphere, expanse of firmament and strata of winds, He flowed into it water whose waves were stormy and whose surges leapt one over the other. He loaded it on dashing wind and breaking typhoons, ordered them to shed it back (as rain), gave the wind control over the vigour of the rain, and acquainted it with its limitations. The wind blew under it while water flowed furiously over it.

ثُمَّ أَنْشَأَ ـ سُبْحَانَهُ ـ فَتْقَ الاْجْوَاءِ، وَشَقَّ الاْرْجَاءِ، وَسَكَائِكَ الَهوَاءِ، فأَجازَ فِيهَا مَاءً مُتَلاطِماً تَيَّارُهُ، مُتَراكِماً زَخَّارُهُ، حَمَلَهُ عَلَى مَتْنِ . الرِّيحِ الْعَاصِفَةِ، وَالزَّعْزَعِ الْقَاصِفَةِ، فَأَمَرَها بِرَدِّهِ، وَسَلَّطَهَا عَلَى شَدِّهِ، وَقَرنَهَا إِلَى حَدِّهِ، الهَوَاءُ مِنْ تَحْتِها فَتِيقٌ، وَالمَاءُ مِنْ فَوْقِهَا دَفِيقٌ.

Then Almighty created forth wind and made its movement sterile, perpetuated its position, intensified its motion and spread it far and wide. Then He ordered the wind to raise up deep waters and to intensify the waves of the oceans. So the wind churned it like the churning of curd and pushed it fiercely into the firmament throwing its front position on the rear and the stationary on the flowing till its level was raised and the surface was full of foam.

Then Almighty raised the foam on to the open wind and vast firmament and made there-from the seven skies and made the lower one as a stationary surge and the upper one as protective ceiling and a high edifice without any pole to support it or nail to hold it together.

Then He decorated them with stars and the light of meteors and hung in it the shining sun and effulgent moon under the revolving sky, moving ceiling and rotating firmament.

ثُمَّ أَنْشَأَ سُبْحَانَهُ رِيحاً اعْتَقَمَ مَهَبَّهَا، وَأَدَامَ مُرَبَّهَا، وَأَعْصَفَ مَجْرَاها، وَأَبْعَدَ مَنْشَاهَا، فَأَمَرَها بِتَصْفِيقِ المَاءِ الزَّخَّارِ، وَإِثَارَةِ مَوْجِ البِحَارِ، فَمَخَضَتْهُ مَخْضَ السِّقَاءِ، وَعَصَفَتْ بهِ عَصْفَهَا بِالفَضَاءِ، تَرُدُّ أَوَّلَهُ عَلَى آخِرِهِ، وَسَاجِيَهُ عَلَى مَائِرِهِ، حَتَّى عَبَّ عُبَابُهُ، وَرَمَى بِالزَّبَدِ رُكَامُهُ، فَرَفَعَهُ فِي هَوَاء مُنْفَتِق، وَجَوٍّ مُنْفَهِق، فَسَوَّى مِنْهُ سَبْعَ سَموَات، جَعَلَ سُفْلاَهُنَّ مَوْجاً مَكْفُوفاً، وَعُلْيَاهُنَّ سَقْفاً مَحْفُوظاً، وَسَمْكاً مَرْفُوعاً، بِغَيْر عَمَد يَدْعَمُهَا، وَلا دِسَار يَنْظِمُها.

ثُمَّ زَيَّنَهَا بِزينَةِ الكَوَاكِبِ، وَضِياءِ الثَّوَاقِبِ، وَأَجْرَى فِيها سِرَاجاً مُسْتَطِيراً، وَقَمَراً مُنِيراً: في فَلَك دَائِر، وَسَقْف سَائِر، وَرَقِيم مَائِر.

I know this is about Genesis but there is a few accurate explanations in the Bible that are suitable on our behalf. Im not claiming that we should trust the Bible over the Quran or that we should learn the Bible more but according to Hadith and Quran this video can be trusted.

15 minutes ago, monad said:

whether true or false... Guess what?

it wont pay your bills. Stop wasting time on such theories, been there, done it, wasted years, gained nothing.

The proof is there. Where is your proof against it?

The Quran says that when the night and the day overlap, they make a ball (sphere):

[Quran 39.5] [Allah] Created the heavens and the Earth in truth. He overlaps [Yukawer in Arabic يُكَوِّرُ] the night over the day and overlaps [Yukawer يُكَوِّرُ] the day over the night, and enslaved the sun and the moon. ALL MOVE (Kullon Yajree كل يجري) to a prerecorded destiny. Is He not the Exalted, the Forgiver?

The Arabic word "Kura" means ball; its verb "Yukawer يُكَوِّرُ" means to make into a ball. The Quran says that the overlapping of the night and the day makes a ball (sphere). Here also the Quran is referring to ALL MOVING, not only the sun and moon but also Earth. In Arabic grammar there is difference between the singular (one), binary (two) and plural (three or more). The reference to binary is "Kulahuma Yajreean كلاهما يجريان" however the Quran said "Kullon yajree كل يجري" referring to the plural (three or more). Since the sun and moon are just two but the Quran refers to three or more then according to the Quran all the three move: sun, moon and Earth.

The Quran says that Earth has a diameter (diameter is simply twice the radius).

[Quran 55,33] O company of Jinn and man, escape the diameters (Aktar in Arabic اقطار) of the Heavens and the Earth if you can, You won't escape without authority.

Diameter in Arabic is Kutr قطر. Its plural is Aktar اقطار. Radii and diameters are properties of circles or spheres only. This conforms with the previus verse, to make into a ball [Yukawer يُكَوِّرُ].

The rotation of Earth is slowing down, that is, days are getting longer. The Quran says that Allah persistently asks more of the day and more of the night, that is, for the day to get longer:

[Quran 7.54] And your Lord, Allah, who created the Heavens and the Earth in six days and then settled on the Throne. [Allah] Covers the night with the day, asks for it persistently; and the sun and the moon and the stars enslaved by His orders. Is this not His creation and His command? Blessed be Allah the Lord of all the worlds.

If God asks more of the day and more of the night then this means the days are getting longer. Physics wise this means that the rotation of Earth should be slowing down. However this is what it really turned out to be: The rotation of Earth is indeed slowing down.

^

You basically contradicted yourself with Surah 55:33 which confirms my fact that we cant leave Earth. We cant leave it without authority. Regarding Surah 39:5 its talking about the rotating firmanent. How the night overlaps the day and the day overlaps the night. The rotating sky causes this cycle, this system. Also it mentions enslaving the Sun and the Moon. According to the so called Solar System, it seems that the Sun enslaves the Planets as well as the Moon doing the same. Think about the dome. The Sun and Moon are within the dome. The firmanent rotates, causing the Sun and Moon to move as well. If you ask me it seems like the Earth Realm model defines that enslavement more than the Solar System model. Also Surah 7:54. It talks about the Sun, the Moon and the Stars enslaved by his orders. Now you forget about the fact that its talking about the creation of the Earth, its not talking about the void we call space. Now according to what I know, Archangel Mikkael is responsible for managing the Earth. Basically Archangel Mikkael by the order of Allah causes The Moon and Sun to do its daily pattern and at night he is ordered to make the stars appear. This is a description about the Sun, the Moon and Stars being enslaved by Allahs orders. You forget that the Quran mentions that Allah created the Stars to help guide us so how would it make any sense for them to be millions of light years away? He ordered the Sun and Moon as a light for us. You see the context of this? Allah put these things for Mankind, not for any other lifeforms anywhere else, for us so that we can follow a system that he has laid out for us which clearly proves that this Earth is a Realm, a World, not some Planet. Honestly this whole Universe thing makes us seem insignificant when clearly Allah explained to Mankind how he honoured us and raised our status. He created the Ultimate One from our species. So I think that we are not as insignificant as these Astronomers rank us.

^

So you are saying the earth I not round ? I didn't understand much,however we know that the earth is egg shape,not like a ball.

1 hour ago, M.IB said:

So you are saying the earth I not round ? I didn't understand much,however we know that the earth is egg shape,not like a ball.

Its not. That basically contradicts Islam its self. The Prophets in the Quran in numerous occasions says that Allah rises the Sun in the East and sets it in the West (subhanallah). The Quran also describes that Allah spreaded out the Earth like a carpet. Because of the deep studies of Astrology, Astronomers over the decades produced a theory that the Earth is round and that we are living in a Universe whereby the Stars in the sky are other planets, other worlds and they decided to develop alot on that theory. Because of sucha reality that Astronomers claim that we are in, many people lack faith in Allah whereby many centuries ago when people believed the Earth was a dome without doubting it, basically everyone had more faith in Allah than today. Because of this same belief people have trouble truly believing in Allah. If Astronomers revealed the truth to everybody then people would be more pious towards Allah.

@AfricanShia you do know that astrology and astronomy are not the same thing, right? Astrology is fortune telling, and fortune telling is haram. Astronomy is just science and math. I understand how the similar words might confuse you, but they are quite different.

2 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Its not. That basically contradicts Islam its self.

Surah Naziat:30 is translaed wrongly.

Da'aha means egg shaped.

Dahwa is the ostrich egg.

It was made as an egg shape.

The Quran also describes that Allah spreaded out the Earth like a carpet.

The Quran said didn't YOU see.

He is talking to Humans from their field of view of the Earth,Humans see it as a flat disk,however recent scientific researches figured out the sphere shape of our planet.

2 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Because of the deep studies of Astrology, Astronomers

Astrology =/= Astronomy.

Astrology is like sorcery,saying this will happen in etc.. and also the horoscope,they think they can tell your future,personality through the birthday of yours(Horoscope) etc.. and it's Haram.

Astronomy studies the outer space of our planet, the stars the galaxies,what are the main materials some planets are made of,calculate distances between Earth and Galaxies etc...

5 hours ago, notme said:

@AfricanShia you do know that astrology and astronomy are not the same thing, right? Astrology is fortune telling, and fortune telling is haram. Astronomy is just science and math. I understand how the similar words might confuse you, but they are quite different.

They are the same. Lol who told you that?

5 hours ago, M.IB said:

Surah Naziat:30 is translaed wrongly.

Da'aha means egg shaped.

Dahwa is the ostrich egg.

It was made as an egg shape.

The Quran said didn't YOU see.

He is talking to Humans from their field of view of the Earth,Humans see it as a flat disk,however recent scientific researches figured out the sphere shape of our planet.

Astrology =/= Astronomy.

Astrology is like sorcery,saying this will happen in etc.. and also the horoscope,they think they can tell your future,personality through the birthday of yours(Horoscope) etc.. and it's Haram.

Astronomy studies the outer space of our planet, the stars the galaxies,what are the main materials some planets are made of,calculate distances between Earth and Galaxies etc...

Astrology and Astronomy are the same. They are the studies of the Stars.

48 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

They are the same. Lol who told you that?

45 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

Astrology and Astronomy are the same. They are the studies of the Stars.

No, they really aren't. I won't assume English is your first language and we all make mistakes, but they are as similar as phrenology and neuroscience. 

Astrology is the use of patterns found in visible celestial objects to predict the future. Astronomy is the study of position, composition, and interactions of objects outside of Earth's atmosphere. Astronomy isn't used to predict anything, it's just science. 

Edited by notme

On 2/14/2017 at 7:19 PM, AfricanShia said:

Many people have been talking about this. Imam Ali said that the sky is like a firmanent. Allah said he took water to make the sky. Scientists say that it is just a reflection. Any comments?

To tell the truth, no one knows what sky means in the wording of Quran and Hadith, As it is unknown whether Imams meant by this atmosphere outer atmosphere or Galaxy and gases surrounding it or a part of multi-verse in which we are living and that is may be final lowermost layer of mulitverse. No one knows.   

On 8/8/2017 at 11:02 PM, AfricanShia said:

You basically contradicted yourself with Surah 55:33 which confirms my fact that we cant leave Earth. We cant leave it without authority. Regarding Surah 39:5 its talking about the rotating firmanent.

The authority means unless you have a law so now we have law that says that for leaving earth's orbit we need velocity more than gravity. So, Allah AWJ sometimes tells us things which we do not ponder, the word authority is also translated as "great force'. 

3 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

So, Allah AWJ sometimes tells us things which we do not ponder, the word authority is also translated as "great force'. 

Great force as in a spacecraft going into space. See this, @Sindbad05, this is what happens when Muslims read the Bible for too long or listen to Christians on Youtube without aql and basirah. They end up with Flat Earth beliefs.