Reza

Alert: Be aware certain views expressed do not conform to established religious or scientific thought.

Message added by Reza

Many people have been talking about this. Imam Ali said that the sky is like a firmanent. Allah said he took water to make the sky. Scientists say that it is just a reflection. Any comments?

Edited by AfricanShia

The definition of firmament is simply the stable sky. The sky is by definition firmament, just like water is by definition watery. 

And yes, from a scientific point of view the atmosphere is largely drawn from the oceans. Some comes from trees and volcanoes, but at least what comes from trees, water is needed for that too. 

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I thought it was a mixture of gases :(.

The Earth's atmosphere is composed of the following molecules: nitrogen (78%), oxygen (21%), argon (1%), and then trace amounts of carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, krypton, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, xenon, ozone, iodine, carbon monoxide, and ammonia. Lower altitudes also have quantities of water vapor.Dec 24, 2015

Just now, notme said:
The Earth's atmosphere is composed of the following molecules: nitrogen (78%), oxygen (21%), argon (1%), and then trace amounts of carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, krypton, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, xenon, ozone, iodine, carbon monoxide, and ammonia. Lower altitudes also have quantities of water vapor.Dec 24, 2015

but according to OP its a reflection. 

On 2/14/2017 at 9:49 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

but according to OP its a reflection. 

I think what he means is that the blue color is a reflection.

The atmosphere is essentially transparent, but from different angles it reflects or refracts light differently. If the atmosphere were totally transparent, it wouldn't trap warming infrared light, and we would see blackness and stars in the daytime. Refraction is why sunsets are sometimes red, and why the moon appears larger when it is low in the sky. Subhanallah. :) Cool, huh?

1 hour ago, notme said:

The definition of firmament is simply the stable sky. The sky is by definition firmament, just like water is by definition watery. 

And yes, from a scientific point of view the atmosphere is largely drawn from the oceans. Some comes from trees and volcanoes, but at least what comes from trees, water is needed for that too. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Also how come the wind blows in different directions? If it is rotating then it should be blowing in one direction. Allah said the sky is spread out like a tent. What is the shape of the tent? People are trying to prove that Allah doesnt exist and this supports it. 

1 minute ago, AfricanShia said:

If it is rotating then it should be blowing in one direction.

People are trying to prove that Allah doesnt exist and this supports it. 

What? How? Why?  (To both of quoted)

Are you another of those flat earthers? If you are, I don't allow myself to discuss with you. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Please quote original text.

Then He decorated them with stars and the light of meteors and hung in it the shining sun and effulgent moon under the revolving sky, moving ceiling and rotating firmament. Imam Ali clearly states here that everything is within the Earth. We are living in a Realm/Dome 

10 minutes ago, Guerrilla said:

^ But the sky is not blue due to reflection. It is blue due to refraction. 

I assumed the OP had just used the wrong word, as they are similar. 

Just now, notme said:

Are you another of those flat earthers? If you are, I don't allow myself to discuss with you. Sorry. 

Im not but this belief cuts in with what even Imam Ali said himself. There is Science in Islam. Islam is Science. You must realise that Islam is much bigger than we can bear. 

Just now, AfricanShia said:

rotating firmament.

So this says at least the sky rotates. It doesn't say the earth doesn't rotate, but it does say the sky does. 

2 minutes ago, notme said:

So this says at least the sky rotates. It doesn't say the earth doesn't rotate, but it does say the sky does. 

But the Sun, moon and stars are within the sky. My point is proven. The Earth is a Dome. 

6 minutes ago, notme said:

Imam_Ali's_First_Sermon_in_His_Peak_of_Eloquence

4 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

But the Sun, moon and stars are within the sky. My point is proven. The Earth is a Dome. 

The sun, moon, and stars are also rotating, but not within the portion of "sky" that includes Earth's atmosphere.

It's simple observation and math. Are you going to say Allah gave us minds then lied to them? Or are you just going to adhere to another new anti-intellectual fad? I've lived on this rotating ball earth for more than forty circles through space, and it's only been in the past two years that I've seen even one flat earther. If the earth is stationary and space revolves around us, please explain to me how Google maps (GPS) works. 

I note you also have no answer to how or why the wind must all blow in the same direction or how science "disproves" the existence of The Creator of science.

Try picking up a math book, geometry especially. You can walk outside at night and look for yourself too. I can't deal with this, I'm outta here. 

The only people fooled by this silly fad are people who sit around all day getting their "education" from YouTube. If you want to learn from videos, choose more reputable sources. Meanwhile, try looking at the actual world outside. 

On 2/14/2017 at 11:17 AM, AfricanShia said:

Then He decorated them with stars and the light of meteors and hung in it the shining sun and effulgent moon under the revolving sky, moving ceiling and rotating firmament. Imam Ali clearly states here that everything is within the Earth. We are living in a Realm/Dome 

Original meaning Arabic please, and name of source.

26 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

OK first thing first...

What is sky?

Definition:  the region of the atmosphere and outer space seen from the earth.

The sky rotates. you can say it's not physically attached to anything on earth, but obviously it touches the surface and surface object everywhere. As the earth moves, it creates friction against the lower portion of the atmosphere, which created friction against higher parts of atmosphere. 

Consider the the equator is rotating at roughly 1000 mph, if the atmosphere didn't move with it you'd have roughly 1000 mph winds because you and everything on the ground would be plowing through it at that rate.

25 minutes ago, notme said:

The sun, moon, and stars are also rotating, but not within the portion of "sky" that includes Earth's atmosphere.

It's simple observation and math. Are you going to say Allah gave us minds then lied to them? Or are you just going to adhere to another new anti-intellectual fad? I've lived on this rotating ball earth for more than forty circles through space, and it's only been in the past two years that I've seen even one flat earther. If the earth is stationary and space revolves around us, please explain to me how Google maps (GPS) works. 

I note you also have no answer to how or why the wind must all blow in the same direction or how science "disproves" the existence of The Creator of science.

What u believe I dont really care. The proof is right there yet u deny it. Also it doesnt matter how long u have been here living life. All these so called amazing scientists have excluded All. My brother this life doesnt matter anyways. 

On 2/14/2017 at 11:36 AM, notme said:

Try picking up a math book, geometry especially. You can walk outside at night and look for yourself too. I can't deal with this, I'm outta here. 

The only people fooled by this silly fad are people who sit around all day getting their "education" from YouTube. If you want to learn from videos, choose more reputable sources. Meanwhile, try looking at the actual world outside. 

My brother dont insult me. Learn from Prophet Muhammad on how to treat someone properly.