Rate this topic

Messiah, is one of the names that God chose for Jesus son of Mary but could be applied to an individual who guards people from ignorance and brings them to welfare. Source is Quran, see what are the qualities of Jesus and every Prophet was Messiah to his nation, Moses was Messiah for Bani Israel, Abrahim was Messiah for his nation and Prophet PBUHHP is Messiah for all people till the day of Judgement. 

Messiah is from the word 'me' 'sa' 'ha', which means to anoint. Messiah means the one who is anointed. Jesus(peace be upon him) was the one who was anointed by Allah(s.w.a) to lead the Children of Israel, but the leadership of the Children of Israel didn't accept him, so they tried to kill him, but as the Quran says 'Allah(s.w.a) saved him and raised him to Himself(s.w.a)' 

When someone is Messiah, or anointed by Allah(s.w.a), this position is for them, regardless of whether the people accept them or not. 

Thank you very much brother Abu Hadi

I have added this to my notes.

I had put in my own notes previously that:  

ح ي س م       as  Messiah   found  in  [3:45] ,  [4:157] ,  [4:171] ,  [4:172] 

and  in 5:17 twice ,  5:72  twice ,  5:75 ,  9:30  and in  9:31   

ح س م     is  used  [38:33]   as   he passed his hands over  ,    

an    indefinite  accusative  masculine   noun

[      ح ي س     only appears in  Quran    9:2  ,  9:112  , and   66:5    ]  

ح ي س   used as   a  verb  in    [9:2]  : 

أَرْبَعَةَ أَشْهُرٍ  الأَرْضِ فَسِيحُواْ فِى    

اعْلَمُواْ أَنَّكُمْ غَيْرُ مُعْجِزِي اللَّهِ وَ   

الْكَـفِرِينَ مُخْزِى وَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ    

FORM ONE  imperative  2ndperson masc plural   الأَرْضِ فَسِيحُواْ فِى

move freely about the land  /  So[fa] travel freely, throughout the land  /  So, move in the land freely  /  roam about on the earth  /  You may travel about in the land  /   Farook Malik:  to go around in the land unmolested  /  Muhammad Sarwar:  they (pagans) may travel peacefully through the land   

faseehoo fee al-ardi arbaAAataashhurin waiAAlamoo annakum ghayru muAAjizee Allahiwaanna Allaha mukhzee alkafireena  /  fasīĥū fī al-'arđi 'arba`ata 'ash/hurin wa a`lamū 'annakum ghayru mu`jizī al-lahi  wa 'anna allāha mukhzī al-kāfirīna  / fe siyhu fil erdı erbeate eşhüriv va’lemu enneküm ğayru ma’cizillahi ve ennellahe muhzil kafirın 

ح ي س   in 9:112   FORM  ONE masc pl  ACTIVE  PARTICIPLE   السَّائِحُونَ

التَّـئِبُونَ الْعَـبِدُونَ الْحَـمِدُونَ السَّـئِحُونَ الرَكِعُونَ السَّـجِدونَ 

النَّاهُونَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَ  الأَمِرُونَ   

altta-iboona alAAabidoonaalhamidoona alssa-ihoona alrrakiAAoonaalssajidoona al-amiroona bialmaAAroofiwaalnnahoona AAani almunkarim  //  ettaibunel abidunel hamidunes saihuner rakiunes sacidunel amirune bil ma’rufi ven nahune anil mümkeri   //   at-tā'ibūna al-`ābidūna al-ĥāmidūna as-sā'iĥūna ar-rāki`ūna as-sājidūna al-'āmirūna bil-ma`rūfi wa an-nāhūna `ani al-munkari  

On 2/11/2017 at 4:39 AM, MohammadAli1993 said:

Can you provide any source brother 

Shukran

Salam MohammadAli1993,

Messiah/Christ basically means Anointed One.

There have been many Anointed Ones. However, the Anointed One who God promised King David to be on his throne "forever" is unique. Jesus' followers believe he is the Messiah God promised to King David: (I boldened some.)

Here are the sources:

When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men; but My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.' According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David. Then David the king went in, and sat before the LORD; and he said: 'Who am I, O Lord GOD, and what is my house, that Thou hast brought me thus far?" - 2 Samuel 7:12-18 p/pt/pt08b07.htm

And it shall come to pass, when thy days are fulfilled that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will set up thy seed after thee, who shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.

He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne for ever.

I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; and I will not take My mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee; but I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom for ever; and his throne shall be established for ever.'

According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David. Then David the king went in, and sat before the LORD; and he said: 'Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my house, that Thou hast brought me thus far?" - 1 Chronicles 17:11-16 http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt25a17.htm

So, the above are the 2 main sources for the unique position of the Anointed One/Messiah/Mashiach/Christ on the throne of King David "forever"

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

:salam:

The Messiah son of Mary is a Messenger of God, Servant of God and anyone who says that he is god is a kaafir (disbeliever) and that person will abide in the hellfire forever and ever... 

What does the name/title Al-Masih mean? 

The scholars differed over this term, but the default defintion of this term is anointed by God, purifed him from sins, he came out of his mother's womb anointed with oil, it can also mean travel, to roam freely - (He used to travel a lot, preaching the message of God) -  (Zad al-Masir fi 'Ilmi al-Tafsir by Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (1/283))

Edited by Kamaaluddeen al-Ismail

On 2/11/2017 at 4:39 AM, MohammadAli1993 said:

Can you provide any source brother 

Shukran

Salam MohammadAli1993,

As a Christian sister, I can provide additional sources concerning the Messiah, the Anointed One on the throne of David.

The following are some more sources concerning the Messiah (Anointed One) on the throne of King David. This is specifically the Anointed One who Christians (both Jewish and Gentile Christians) believe Jesus is. (I boldened some.)

"The kings of the earth stand up, and the rulers take counsel together, {N} against the LORD, and against His anointed:" - Psalm 2:2

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2602.htm

'Truly it is I that have established My king upon Zion, My holy mountain.'

I will tell of the decree: the LORD said unto me: 'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of Me, and I will give the nations for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.' Now therefore, O ye kings, be wise; be admonished, ye judges of the earth.

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Do homage in purity, lest He be angry, and ye perish in the way, when suddenly His wrath is kindled. {N} Happy are all they that take refuge in Him. {P}"

- Psalm 2:6-12 http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2602.htm

"I have found David My servant; with My holy oil have I anointed him;" - Psalm 89:21 http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2689.htm

"He shall call unto Me: Thou art my Father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

I also will appoint him first-born, the highest of the kings of the earth. For ever will I keep for him My mercy, and My covenant shall stand fast with him."

- Psalm 89:27-29 http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2689.htm

(More of Psalm 89:27-29 is about the Messiah, but it is  long. I encourage anyone interested to read all of Psalm 2 and Psalm 89, as well as all of 2 Samuel 7 and 1 Chronicles 17.)

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

2 hours ago, Christianlady said:

As a Christian sister, I can provide additional sources concerning the Messiah, the Anointed One on the throne of David.

The Islamic understanding of the Messiah is completely different.