sidnaq

Ever drop out of an elective?

In highschool I dropped out of theater because their was a lot of "touching". Teacher was cool with it, didn't have any issues. If you are in college, you probably wont need to give a reason. Just say the class isn't for you and that you would drop it rather than keep the class and fail it.

No, but if you did, I'm proud of you for making the difficult choice. 

I left a job because my boss was asking me to do something unethical, but I'm not sure I would have if I hadn't been offered another job. 

On 2/11/2017 at 1:14 AM, sidnaq said:

did you ever have to drop out of an elective? cuz it conflicted with your beliefs? or morality? did you ever fight or get into heated discussion with the teacher?

I should have dropped two classes my freshman year of college, completely against my ethics, but they were requirements and I couldn't find other classes that fulfilled those requirements that were open, but yeah I would not make the same mistake again. And I got B's in both, which for those classes was pretty poor, considering I think no one got worse than a B-.

When I was in university everyone was taking Speech class. I had Speech in high school and gave several speeches, but since I have always been a shy person, I didn't really want to take that class again. There was an alternative course called Personal Communication so I enrolled in that one. On the first day of class the teacher gave a handout of the syllabus and talked about herself and everything about the course. One of the things she said was that we had to shake hands and hug other people as part of our 'personal communication' so I immediately dropped out of that class and enrolled in the regular Speech course. :woot:

15 hours ago, notme said:

No, but if you did, I'm proud of you for making the difficult choice. 

I left a job because my boss was asking me to do something unethical, but I'm not sure I would have if I hadn't been offered another job. 

oh wow im glad you got out of that job:D 

4 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I should have dropped two classes my freshman year of college, completely against my ethics, but they were requirements and I couldn't find other classes that fulfilled those requirements that were open, but yeah I would not make the same mistake again. And I got B's in both, which for those classes was pretty poor, considering I think no one got worse than a B-.

if possible could i ask what those courses were, in case i could tell other people to avoid them?

14 hours ago, sidnaq said:

if possible could i ask what those courses were, in case i could tell other people to avoid them?

A theater class, I had to play a pretty nasty character who swore and drunk alcohol (I didn't really have to drink alcohol, but even pretending to drink is bad I think) for my project in the class. And a writing class, it was about women empowerment but it was full of feminist crap and bs. 

7 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

A theater class, I had to play a pretty nasty character who swore and drunk alcohol (I didn't really have to drink alcohol, but even pretending to drink is bad I think) for my project in the class. And a writing class, it was about women empowerment but it was full of feminist crap and bs. 

Hehehw yeah. My hero clap clsp