Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

hmmm, how do you know that this is not part of Torah ? Since it is linked with Torah, it is considered as part of it. And to mention that the Torah was not  as what it is considered at present who knows how many chapters from Torah are last till today. I think Muslim scholars read every Jewish scripture that has been running down to them since centuries as part of their belief and they find signs in it. However, even if Songs of Solomon are not in Tanakah but even if we look at Present Torah which is known to contain chapters excluding Songs of Solomon has many signs regarding the coming of Prophet Muhammad PBUHHP and his following 12 successors. 

It's not part of the Torah. The Torah is the five books of Moses whereas Song of Songs is part of Ketuvim.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketuvim

We note in the Old Testament

Numbers 12:6

"And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet (Hebrew: Nabi)among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, andwill speak unto him in a dream(Hebrew: Chalowm)"

Please note the capacity of the verse dealing with future prophets and not Prophet Moses alayhi salam who God spoke with directly (Numbers 12:7-8).

From the Quran, there is considerable support that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was inspired by God's words in his dreams.

021:005 (Part)

"Nay," they say, "(These are) Muddled dreams (Arabic: ahlam)! Nay, He has invented it! forged it! Nay, He is a poet!

4 hours ago, Melvind said:

It's not part of the Torah. The Torah is the five books of Moses whereas Song of Songs is part of Ketuvim.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketuvim

How much wikpedia is reliable in saying that there were only five books of Moses in Torah since the start ? Torah underwent many changes with time. Who knows how many parts it is missing. 

1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

How much wikpedia is reliable in saying that there were only five books of Moses in Torah since the start ? Torah underwent many changes with time. Who knows how many parts it is missing. 

Brother, your argument is not based on semantics. You’re using one verse from Song of Songs which looks identical to “Muhammad” in Hebrew machmad (makh-mawd) and basing your entire argument on this word used in Song of Songs. Firstly, in Arabic أحمد  and محماد comes from the root H-M-D, which means to praise, praiseworthy. The Hebrew word מַחְמַד means love, delight, a thing which is desirable, pleasant, precious, treasures and valuable. This word is used on several places in the Bible and never means the Prophet (s.a.w.)

1 Kings 20:6

HEB: וְהָיָה֙ כָּל־ מַחְמַ֣ד עֵינֶ֔יךָ יָשִׂ֥ימוּ

NAS: and whatever is desirable in your eyes,

KJV: and it shall be, [that] whatsoever is pleasant in thine eyes,

INT: shall be and whatever is desirable your eyes will take

2 Chronicles 36:19

HEB: וְכָל־ כְּלֵ֥י מַחֲמַדֶּ֖יהָ לְהַשְׁחִֽית׃ ס

NAS: all its valuable articles.

KJV: and destroyed all the goodly vessels

INT: all articles valuable and destroyed

Songs 5:16

HEB: מַֽמְתַקִּ֔ים וְכֻלּ֖וֹ מַחֲמַדִּ֑ים זֶ֤ה דוֹדִי֙

NAS: And he is wholly desirable. This

KJV: [is] most sweet: yea, he [is] altogether lovely. This [is] my beloved,

INT: sweetness is wholly desirable This is my beloved

Isaiah 64:11

HEB: אֵ֑שׁ וְכָל־ מַחֲמַדֵּ֖ינוּ הָיָ֥ה לְחָרְבָּֽה׃

NAS: And all our precious things have become

KJV: with fire: and all our pleasant things are laid waste.

INT: fire and all our precious have become A ruin

Lamentations 1:10

HEB: עַ֖ל כָּל־ מַחֲמַדֶּ֑יהָ כִּֽי־ רָאֲתָ֤ה

NAS: all her precious things, For she has seen

KJV: his hand upon all her pleasant things: for she hath seen

INT: Over all her precious for has seen

Lamentations 2:4

HEB: וַֽיַּהֲרֹ֔ג כֹּ֖ל מַחֲמַדֵּי־ עָ֑יִן בְּאֹ֙הֶל֙

NAS: all that were pleasant to the eye;

KJV: and slew all [that were] pleasant to the eye

INT: and slain all were pleasant to the eye the tent

Ezekiel 24:16

HEB: מִמְּךָ֛ אֶת־ מַחְמַ֥ד עֵינֶ֖יךָ בְּמַגֵּפָ֑ה

NAS: I am about to take from you the desire of your eyes

KJV: behold, I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes

INT: to take at the desire of your eyes A blow

Ezekiel 24:21

HEB: גְּא֣וֹן עֻזְּכֶ֔ם מַחְמַ֥ד עֵֽינֵיכֶ֖ם וּמַחְמַ֣ל

NAS: of your power, the desire of your eyes

KJV: of your strength, the desire of your eyes,

INT: the pride of your power the desire of your eyes and the delight

Ezekiel 24:25

HEB: תִּפְאַרְתָּ֑ם אֶת־ מַחְמַ֤ד עֵֽינֵיהֶם֙ וְאֶת־

NAS: of their pride, the desire of their eyes

KJV: of their glory, the desire of their eyes,

INT: the joy of their pride the desire of their eyes delight

Hosea 9:6

HEB: מֹ֣ף תְּקַבְּרֵ֑ם מַחְמַ֣ד לְכַסְפָּ֗ם קִמּוֹשׂ֙

NAS: will take over their treasures of silver;

KJV: shall bury them: the pleasant [places] for their silver,

INT: Memphis will bury their treasures of silver Weeds

Hosea 9:16

HEB: יֵֽלֵד֔וּן וְהֵמַתִּ֖י מַחֲמַדֵּ֥י בִטְנָֽם׃ ס

NAS: children, I will slay the precious ones of their womb.

KJV: yet will I slay [even] the beloved [fruit] of their womb.

INT: bear will slay the precious of their womb

Joel 3:5

HEB: וּזְהָבִ֖י לְקַחְתֶּ֑ם וּמַֽחֲמַדַּי֙ הַטֹּבִ֔ים הֲבֵאתֶ֖ם

NAS: brought My precious treasures to your temples,

KJV: my goodly pleasant things:

INT: and my gold have taken my precious my goodly brought

Your approach is not based on logic and semantics, just words that might look identical and sound identical. 

7 hours ago, Melvind said:
Your approach is not based on logic and semantics, just words that might look identical and sound identical. 

Good info. Too many Bible versions. Too many opinions mixed with the Word. I don't care for any of the newer versions.

These names get passed around lots. Everybody is looking for just one more revelation, one more connection that makes their belief system more valid. It's not dangerous like some of the other rumours.

I believe it was Magma said Muslims don't much bother with the Bible unless they like arguing with Christians.

Many things on the internet that are just not true for Muslims or Christians. They some times come with irrelevant references, but nobody checks anyway. I've found if someone toots a Muslim custom that sounds unbelievable, it usually is. Either that or it's a remote sect of 500 people.

As I understand it, Islam considers the first five books to be the work of Moses and acceptable. The books weren't corrupted through the years, just more books were added by judges and kings, and Prophets. Psalms and Proverbs is okay, I thought there was another book as well. Why the songs of Solomon were added I don't know. I'm glad I wasn't in charge. Maybe to astound Christians when they hear it from someone never having read it themselves. Most of the Bible is history, stories recited over generations but once "put to print" it's a lot tougher to change. 

There really isn't much evidence anything was corrupted. Even the Qur'an says people tried, but Gabriel gave many good details, (enough to write a book), and I'm sure he could have told Muhammad exactly, but no mention of what, nor that it ever continued. Other than to correct doctrines, it encourages Muslims to read. I figure if Gabriel knew about it, then God did too, and if God is to preserve His scriptures, these corruptions would have been rejected. Interpretation is the culprit, agenda usually rides shotgun. 

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

As I understand it, Islam considers the first five books to be the work of Moses and acceptable. The books weren't corrupted through the years, just more books were added by judges and kings, and Prophets.

Islam believes that the current books of Torah and Bible are not error free. They were changed by the people and the current contradictions in those books is evidence that Islamic view is really correct.

18 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Please take it as a compliment. It's been a long time since someone came to the site as well versed in Hebrew as you are. Anyone who really has an interest in the scriptures wishes they knew the languages. I still have trouble with English.

Thank you. Anyone here who knows Arabic, Ge'ez, or any other Semitic language would easily learn Hebrew, Phoenician, and Ugaritic. The overwhelming majority of the grammar is the same across the language groups. Even Egyptian hieroglyphics work in a similar- yet not identical- fashion. If someone would like to start a thread on the similarities and differences of Arabic and Hebrew, I would be more than willing to discuss it with them.

6 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Islam believes that the current books of Torah and Bible are not error free. They were changed by the people and the current contradictions in those books is evidence that Islamic view is really correct.

I understand that is the Islamic view, but so was Paul being the antichrist.

I also understand that ahadith had to make the separation between religions. 

I'm also of the opinion that anything that passed through humans hands can no longer be error free. 

The word contradiction seems to be all encompassing when Muslims speak of the Bible. 

There's a lot of stages between error free and contradictions. The majority of "contradictions" are discrepancies at best, usually backed up by a lack of context. Some are holding the ancients accountable to modern standards. 

The idea that someone managed to get into the carefully guarded inner sanctuary of the temple, pull out the sacred texts and deviously change the endings of all the Prophet stories, without being caught is already a stretch. How do you add to a scroll? The evidence would be so obvious it would have been discarded immediately, thus no alteration would survive. There is no time period where nobody knew where the books of Moses were, they were always under some form of protection.  

The Qur'an says some read one thing and taught another. That is corruption, but not a physical altering of the Word.  It's like the N.I.V. comes out with a few more discrepancies, (imho) but it does not change anything in the KJV. I'd have to redo some research but to my knowledge I don't know of anywhere in the Qur'an that actually says the past scriptures were physically altered and left that way. 

19 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I also understand that ahadith had to make the separation between religions. 

I'm also of the opinion that anything that passed through humans hands can no longer be error free. 

The word contradiction seems to be all encompassing when Muslims speak of the Bible. 

There's a lot of stages between error free and contradictions. The majority of "contradictions" are discrepancies at best, usually backed up by a lack of context. Some are holding the ancients accountable to modern standards. 

The idea that someone managed to get into the carefully guarded inner sanctuary of the temple, pull out the sacred texts and deviously change the endings of all the Prophet stories, without being caught is already a stretch. How do you add to a scroll? The evidence would be so obvious it would have been discarded immediately, thus no alteration would survive. There is no time period where nobody knew where the books of Moses were, they were always under some form of protection.  

The Qur'an says some read one thing and taught another. That is corruption, but not a physical altering of the Word.  It's like the N.I.V. comes out with a few more discrepancies, (imho) but it does not change anything in the KJV. I'd have to redo some research but to my knowledge I don't know of anywhere in the Qur'an that actually says the past scriptures were physically altered and left that way. 

Antichrist?

AntiChrist?

I have commented on the concept of the antichrist many times, but it seemed right to me- in light of all the hoopla in the church media about the antichrist- to make a few comments.

According to mainstream Christian theology, the antichrist is to be a false christ or one who is against christ. Easton's Bible Dictionary has this definition under the entry antichrist:

Against Christ, or an opposition Christ, a rival Christ. The word is used only by the apostle John. Referring to false teachers, he says (1Jo_2:18, 1Jo_2:22; 1Jo_4:3; 2Jo_1:7), “Even now are there many antichrists.”

In order to appreciate the meaning of antichrist, it is necessary to understand the etymology of the word itself. Firstly, one must understand what is meant by the English rendering of the Greek christos. Christos is a Greek noun which is derived from the Greek verb chrio χριω which meant to anoint. This is a specific verb used only for anointing a messiah- the English form of the Hebrew mashiach. The verb, like the noun derived from it, are never used for mundane purposes such as anointing the sick or the dead; in Greek, as well as Hebrew, there are separate verbs employed for these types of anointing. In the Greek, it is aleipho αλειφω and can be seen in the following verses:

Matthew 6:17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint [αλειψαι] thy head, and wash thy face

Mark 6:13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed [ηλειφον] with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

James 5:14 Is any among you sick? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing [αλειψαντες] him with oil in the name of the Lord

In the Law, the Torah or Instruction which was written upon the Tablets of Stone, the official verb used to anoint- in an official/religious sense- is mashach- from where messiah or mashiach is derived. According to the Book of Exodus, God ordered Moshe (AS) to make a sacred anointing oil- shemen haMishchah- in order to anoint the first High Priest of Israel- Aharon (AS) the son of Amram (AS) from the tribe of Lawi (AS). This sacred anointing oil was to be kept in the charge of the High Priests and no one was allowed to make a similar oil nor be in possession of it on pains of death or exile from the Israelite community. According to the Law, the only people who were allowed to be anointed were the Priest from the family of Aharon (AS); the only articles which could be anointed were the Tabernacle and all the instruments of worship. The oil was not allowed to be used in any other capacity.

And you shall make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the perfumer. It shall be a holy anointing oil. And you shall anoint the tabernacle of the congregation with it, and the ark of the testimony, and the table and all its vessels, and the lampstand and its vessels, and the altar of incense, and the altar of burnt offerings with all its vessels, and the laver and its foot. And you shall sanctify them so that they may be most holy. Whatever touches them shall be holy. And you shall anoint Aharon (AS) and his sons and consecrate them, so that they may minister to Me in the priest's office. And you shall speak to the sons of Israel saying, This shall be a holy anointing oil to Me throughout your generations. It shall not be poured upon man's flesh, neither shall you make any other like it, according to the way it is made. It is holy, and it shall be holy to you. Whoever compounds any like it, or whoever puts any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people. (Exodus 30:25-33)

Numbers 4:16 And the charge of El’azar (AS)the son of Aharon (AS) the priest shall be the oil for the light, and the sweet incense, and the continual meal offering, and the anointing oil, the charge of all the tabernacle, and of all that therein is, the sanctuary, and the furniture thereof.

According to God's perfect and eternal Law of the Covenant with Israel, there were only two which could be called messiah: 1) The High Priest of Israel from the Line of Aharon (AS); 2) The Tabernacle and its articles of worship.

The first part of the word antichrist is the Greek preposition anti which meant to assume the place of something, or be instead of something. It did not mean to be contrary or oppose. It is used for offices which assume the role of another. For instance, a vice-president means a person who acts or takes the place and role of the president. The English word vice is from the Latin vicarius which is the exact translation of the Greek anti. An antichrist, then, is anyone or anything which assumes the position of christ- the anointed. According to the Law of God, an antichrist would be any person or thing which assumes or usurps the office of the High Priest of Israel or the Tabernacle and any of its items of worship- these are God's anointed, His messiahs.

Today, it is easy to identify what is the antichrist. The antichrist, according to Paul's teaching, is the Church institution. Following the teaching of Paul, the christians have replaced the High Priest of Israel with Yeshua (AS). Further, the christians have replaced the Tabernacle of God with the Church. It is easy to find where this exchange began- in the writings of Paul of Tarsus- a man who’s toponym is written תרסו in Hebrew [TRSW which numerically is equivalent to the infamous 666]. This is what has been termed replacement theology- where the church and the christians replace the Israelites and the Biblical worship as commanded by God.

Yeshua (AS), according to Christians, was from the tribe of Judah. This tribe was never allowed the office of messiah- the High Priesthood. Paul explained, in the letter to the Hebrews, that there must have been a change in the Law, since Yeshua (AS) had become the new High Priest of Israel.

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, even Yeshua (AS)

Hebrews 7:11-14

Now if there was perfection through the Lawi priesthood (for under it hath the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should arise after the order of Melchizedek (AS), and not be reckoned after the order of Aharon (AS)? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For he of whom these things are said belongeth to another tribe, from which no man hath given attendance at the altar. For it is evident that our Lord hath sprung out of Judah; as to which tribe Moshe (AS) spake nothing concerning priests.

In this letter, Paul laid out how the Law of God must have changed to allow a man from another tribe- Judah- to become the High Priest- the messiah of Israel. However, God's Law made it very clear that it was an eternal Law and must never be altered or changed.

Deuteronomy 4:2 You shall not add to the word that I speak to you, neither shall you take away from it: keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What I command thee, that only do thou to the Lord: neither add anything, nor diminish.

The Priesthood of Aharon (AS) and his sons is eternal, everlasting

Numbers 25:13 And the covenant of the priesthood for ever shall be both to him and his seed, because he hath been zealous for his God, and hath made atonement for the wickedness of the children of Israel.

To claim that the Law of God has somehow changed is to say God lied to Moshe (AS) and the Israelites about the eternal priesthood of Aharon (AS) and his sons. We know, however, that it is impossible for God to lie!

The Church, according to Paul, is now the Temple of God and His bride.

1Corinthians 3:16 Know you not that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

It was the Tabernacle which God commanded Moshe (AS) to build for Him that was His dwelling- the place from which He would speak to the Israelites.

Exo 25:8-22

And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. According to all that I shew thee, the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the furniture thereof, even so shall ye make it. And they shall make an ark of acacia wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof. And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about. And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four feet thereof; and two rings shall be on the one side of it, and two rings on the other side of it. And thou shalt make staves of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold. And thou shalt put the staves into the rings on the sides of the ark, to bear the ark withal. The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it. And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee. And thou shalt make a mercy–seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. And thou shalt make two cherubim of gold; of beaten work shalt thou make them, at the two ends of the mercy–seat. And make one cherub at the one end, and one cherub at the other end: of one piece with the mercy–seat shall ye make the cherubim on the two ends thereof. And the cherubim shall spread out their wings on high, covering the mercy–seat with their wings, with their faces one to another; toward the mercy–seat shall the faces of the cherubim be. And thou shalt put the mercy–seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy–seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

God has made it very clear that He would speak to the Israelites from the Tabernacle, specifically from the Ark itself- which housed the Tablets of Law. This demonstrated that God would speak to the Israelites from the Tablets of Law- which is the Eternal Covenant.

I apologize for the copy paste of the various Texts- it was just easier to write this article this way.

Edited by Yaaqov Ben Yisrael

^ My Church rather rejects " Replacement Theology". It removes the special nature of the Jewish people. We  don't like that. Don't dwell too much on the Anti-Christ either. ( According to some extremist Protestants we are that anyway.)There is no settled dogma and there is unlikely to be. Spending a lot of time worrying and making guesses about the end-times and not getting on with one's work in the world  is discouraged.

7 hours ago, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

This all started in another post where Paul was accused of many things and called the antichrist, . We kinda covered that but not sure the evidence changed any opinions, in the "Islamic view".

7 hours ago, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

To claim that the Law of God has somehow changed is to say God lied to Moshe (AS) and the Israelites about the eternal priesthood of Aharon (AS) and his sons. We know, however, that it is impossible for God to lie!

I believe it was more the change occurred and Paul was bringing it to light. According to the Acts of the Apostles, there was a major power shift. Iblis was banned from entering into the presence of God and was cast to earth. This requires a new game plan.

I think what you are saying is that Paul took the people out of the temple and into new churches with a new focus. For the most part, the people Paul converted were Gentiles who never were part of the temple. In the same sense, Muslims go to a mosque, not a temple so someone directed Muslims away from the temple in similar fashion.

Christians believe the "antichrist" is still a name reserved for a future demise. False prophets like to steer people away from the truth. They are in a sense anti Christ, but nothing like what is to come. 

I also tend to believe the angels mentioned in Exodus sanctuary were visible to humans at the time. I view this as something else we have lost in our modern lifestyle. I'd like to know your thoughts on it. 

We must not forget the mission Paul had- to persecute and disrupt the followers of Yeshua (AS). This he did willingly, but with no effect- they remained steadfast even in light of the persecution. The only way the followers of Yeshua (AS) were to be corrupted was from within. This is when Paul fabricated his vision and appointment to apostleship and became the apostle to the gentiles. This is when the replacement theology began.

Yeshua, despite what many may claim to the contrary, was never descended from the tribe of Judah- he was a Levite and from the family of the Kohen Gadol. He was sent to reform the religious worship of the Israelites which became corrupt due to the Greek and Roman influences and the corruption of the Temple services under Kaiaphas. He called for the Israelites to return to Torah, to keep the Torah and thereby bring about the restoration of Israel- sadly they rejected his mission, save a few of his followers.

2 hours ago, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

We must not forget the mission Paul had- to persecute and disrupt the followers of Yeshua (AS). This he did willingly, but with no effect- they remained steadfast even in light of the persecution. The only way the followers of Yeshua (AS) were to be corrupted was from within. This is when Paul fabricated his vision and appointment to apostleship and became the apostle to the gentiles. This is when the replacement theology began.

Yeshua, despite what many may claim to the contrary, was never descended from the tribe of Judah- he was a Levite and from the family of the Kohen Gadol. He was sent to reform the religious worship of the Israelites which became corrupt due to the Greek and Roman influences and the corruption of the Temple services under Kaiaphas. He called for the Israelites to return to Torah, to keep the Torah and thereby bring about the restoration of Israel- sadly they rejected his mission, save a few of his followers.

Don't think I can follow that train. This was one of the early problems in Christianity. The Jewish Christians insisting the Gentile Christians be Jewish first. I've asked this question before and not long ago, what was it Paul corrupted?

On 5/1/2017 at 3:42 AM, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

Fortunately for me, I was raised with the knowledge of the Torah, the Injil, and the Qur'an- learning Arabic, Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew. I would advise everyone to do the same.

Easier said than Done, but man would that be great.

On 5/1/2017 at 4:53 AM, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

I did not say there was never a reference to Muhammad (SAAWAWS) in the Hebrew Text- just not by name. Jesus, however, called the next messenger Ahmad- the most praised or most desired. The Torah commanded us, the Israelites- as this covenant was only between Israel and Allah at Sinai- to keep Torah; this is also what is required of us in Qur'an- to keep Torah. All the prophets- from the line of Abraham (AS) came with the same job- to call the Israelites to return to Torah observance and to confirm its message. 

As a Qara'i. I believe in the validity of all true prophets- it is a part of the 10 Principles of Qarai' Faith. The Karaite Principles of Faith, known as the Asereth Iqqarei HaEmunah [עֲשֶׂרֶת עִקָּרֵי הָאֱמוּנָה], enumerates the basic principles to which all Qara'im hold; these 10 principles are enumerated below.

א׃ אֲנִי מַאֲמִין בֶאֱמוּנָה שְׁלֵמָה כִי יֵשׁ אֱלוֹחַ אֶחָד קַדְמוֹן וְנִצְחִי בִלְתִי נִבְרָא לֹא מֵעַצְמֹו וְלֹא מִזוּלָתוֹ וְהוּא הָיָה וְהוֹהֶה וְיִהְיֶה

Alef: I believe in perfect faith that there is One Ancient, Eternal Deity uncreated, non-corporeal, and unchanging; He Was, Is, and Shall Be

ב׃ וְהוּא אֵינֶנוּ גוּף וְהוּא אֵין לוֹ דְמוּת בְּכָל הַנִבְרָאִים

Beth: He has no body and no form like any of the created beings
ג׃ וְהוּא אֲשֶׁר בָּרָא אֶת כָּל הָעוֹלָם מִלֹא דָבָר

Gimel: He it is Who created the entire Universe without a Word

ד׃ וְהוּא שָׁלַח אֶת מֹשֶׁה עַבְדֹּו לְנָבִיא אֶמֶת

Daleth: He sent his servant Moshe as a true prophet

ה׃ וְנָתָן לָנוּ עַל יַד מֹשֶׁה אֶת תֹורָתֹו הַקְֹּושָׁה עַל הַר סִינַי
He: He gave us, by the hand of Moshe, His Holy Torah on Mount Sinai

ו׃ וְנָתָן הַבֹּורֵא אֶת רוּחַ קָדְשֹׁו גַם עַל שְׁאַר נְבִיאֵי אֶמֶת וּשְׁלָהַם לִבְנֵי אָדָם לְהֹורֹותָם אֶת דְּרָכָיו וּלְהָדְרִיכָם בְּדֶרֶך אֶמֶת

Waw: The Creator also set His Holy Spirit upon the remaining true prophets and sent them to the children of Adam to instruct them with His Paths and to guide them in the true Path

ז׃ וּבִלְשֹׁון הָעִבְרִי נִתְנָה תוֹרַת הָאֱלֹהִים וְלָכֵן חוֹב לִלְמוֹד וְלַהֲגוֹת לְשׁוֹן הַתּוֹרָה וּבִאוּרָה

Zayin: And in the Hebrew Language in which the Torah of Elohim was given; therefore it is an obligation to learn and to meditate the language of the Torah and its exegesis

ח׃ וְכִי הוּא יִתְעַלֵה יְחַיֵה אֶת בְּנֵי אָדָם בְּיוֹם הַדִּין

Heth: And that He raises to life the children of Adam on the Day of Judgement

ט׃ וְהוּא רוֹאֶה וְיוֹדֵעַ אֶת הַכֹּל וְגוֹמֵל טוֹב לְעוֹשֵׂי רְצוֹנוֹ וּמַעֲנִישׁ לְעוֹבְרֵי רְצוֹנוֹ

Teth: He sees and knows everything and recompenses good to those who do His will and punishes those who transgress His will.

י׃ וְהוּא יִשְׁלַח אֶת מְשִׁיחַ צֶדֶק מִזזֶּרַע דָּוִד וִיקַבֵץ נִדְחֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל וִידַבֵר שָׁלוֹם לַגוֹיִם וְיַהֲפוֹךְ אֶל עַמִים שָׂפָה בְרוּרָה לִקְרֹא כֻלָם בְּשֵׁם יְהֹוָה לְעַבְדוֹ שְׁכֶם אֶחָד וְאָז יִהְיוּ כָל בּנֵי אָדָם כִּבְנֵי אִישׁ אֶחָד בְּאַהֲבָה וּבְשָׁלוֹם לֹא יִשָׁא גוֹי אֶל גוֹי חֶרֶב וְלֹא יִלְמְדוּ עוֹד מִלְחָמָה כִּי תִמָלֵא הָאָרֶץ דֵּעָה אֶת יְהֹוָה כְּמַיִם לַיָּם מְכַסִים

Yodh: And He will send the true Mashi’ach from the seed of Dawidh and he will gather the outcast of Yisrael and speak Peace to the nations and exchange a Pure Language for the peoples so all may call upon the name of YHWH and to worship Him in one accord; then shall all the sons of Adam be as the sons of one man- in love and peace. Nation will not lift up a sword against nation nor will they learn war anymore- for the Earth will be filled with the knowledge of YHWH as the waters cover the sea.
(Extracted from Eliyahu Bashiyatsi’s ָAddereth Eliyahu posted in Petah Tikva Constantinople 1831 page 38; translated by Yaaqov ben Yisrael)

We are commanded to obey the prophets to come, but we are also cautioned to never hear or obey any prophet which commanded us to forsake the Torah; the Qur'an is very clear that, as an Israelite, I must fulfill the covenant- keeping the Torah.

One cannot be Muslim without accepting the Books of Revelation, specifically the Injeel, Torah, and other's who we may or may not know about.

You must be one of those whom the below passages refers to starting 3:113:

They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer].

They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds. And those are among the righteous.

And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.

And various other verses (2:62, etc.)

Applicable verses may be:

Lo! We did reveal the At-Taurah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the prophets who surrendered (unto Allah) judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests (judged) by such of Allah's Scripture as they were bidden to observe, and thereunto were they witnesses. So fear not mankind, but fear Me. And barter not My revelations for a little gain. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are disbelievers.

— Quran, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat 44[1]

And We prescribed for them therein: The life for the life, and the eye for the eye, and the nose for the nose, and the ear for the ear, and the tooth for the tooth, and for wounds retaliation. But whoso forgoeth it (in the way of charity) it shall be expiation for him. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrong-doers.

— Quran, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat 45)[3]

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar:
A group of Jews came and invited the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to Quff. So he visited them in their school.
They said: AbulQasim, one of our men has committed fornication with a woman; so pronounce judgment upon them. They placed a cushion for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) who sat on it and said: Bring the Torah. It was then brought. He then withdrew the cushion from beneath him and placed the Torah on it saying: I believed in thee and in Him Who revealed thee.
He then said: Bring me one who is learned among you...... Then a young man was brought. The transmitter then mentioned the rest of the tradition of stoning similar to the one transmitted by Malik from Nafi'(No. 4431).

— Abu Dawood, Sunan Abu Dawood[11]

Salaam/Shalom alaykum, with blessings upon you dear brother :)

I wish I had the kind of knowledge/training you do on these topics.

19 minutes ago, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

How does the saying go? A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

And convincing my wife to take extracurricular time to devote to studying all of this.   I'll have to begin a double life.  It was difficult enough learning Arabic, much less struggling to learn Greek from my heritage.  Now I'll have to cope with my future potential kids learning Albanian and picking that up.

31 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

And convincing my wife to take extracurricular time to devote to studying all of this.   I'll have to begin a double life.  It was difficult enough learning Arabic, much less struggling to learn Greek from my heritage.  Now I'll have to cope with my future potential kids learning Albanian and picking that up.

Knowing Arabic will make learning Hebrew simple- the grammars are almost the same.

On 2017-5-6 at 2:38 PM, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

Knowing Arabic will make learning Hebrew simple- the grammars are almost the same.

But the writing is very different.

4 hours ago, baqar said:

But the writing is very different.

The writing, though different, is a bit more simplified. The Hebrew letters are always written independently of each other- not like Arabic which is a sort of cursive. The names are somewhat the same and the sounds would be easily identified by any who know Arabic.

The Hebrew AlefBeth is as follows:

א– ا, ב– ب, ג– ج, ה– ه, ו– و, ז– ز, ח– ح, ט– ط, י– ي, כ,ך– ك, ל– ل, מ,ם– م, נ,ן– ن, ס– س, ע– ع, פ,ף– ف, צ,ץ– ص, ק– ق, ר– ر, שׁ– ش, ת– ت

The following letters have a final form:

כ,ך– ك the initial and medial form of the Kaf is כ and the final form is always ך

מ,ם– م the initial and medial form of the Mim is מ and the final form is always ם

נ,ן– ن the initial and medial form of the Nun is נ and the final form is always ן

פ,ף– ف the initial and medial form of the Pe is פ and the final form is always ף

צ,ץ– ص the initial and medial form of the Tsade is צ and the final form is always ץ

the final forms come at the end of words.

On 01/05/2017 at 8:42 AM, Yaaqov Ben Yisrael said:

I would like to add a few things for clarification- since I can no longer edit my post. The pastor which produced this video is obviously ignorant of Hebrew- he pronounced the name of the Hebrew Het as Chet (pronouncing the CH as CH in cheese). The Hebrew Het [ח] is pronounced like the Arabic Ha [ح] and Kha [خ]. In fact, in what is called Judeo-Arabic [Arabic which was written with Hebrew letters- used by Israelites in Arab countries], the Hebrew Het [ח] is always used for the Arabic Ha [ح] while the Hebrew Kaf [כ] is used for the Arabic Kha [خ].

This sort of nonsense has been a pet peeve of mine for most of my life; I have, living in the US for part of my early life, had many conversations with Christian missionaries who have been brainwashed with these concepts- trying to convince me YHWH- the name of God in Hebrew- was prophetic for Jesus being crucified. This is a pathetic attempt as altering the Text of the Hebrew Bible- a practice which is deceitful by its very nature. When anyone removes a Text from its context- as well as altering the meaning of the word, this person practices what is called eisegesis- adding into the Text what was not really there. Basically, this is lying in the guise of explaining a mysterious truth. Fortunately for me, I was raised with the knowledge of the Torah, the Injil, and the Qur'an- learning Arabic, Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew. I would advise everyone to do the same.

No way brother, are you a Muslim? 

1 hour ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

No way brother, are you a Muslim? 

As I explained above:

There is only one "religion" and this is Islam- this means, in a nutshell, to render to God that which is due. For every Ummah there was a minhaj [minhag in Hebrew] as well as a shari'ah- the shari'ah is the Text and jurisprudence derived from the Text; the minhaj was the ritual form of approach [modern Hebrew uses this term as tradition].

Islam is not simply a term, but a process- a practice. We believe in One Deity, we worship this One deity; this is Islam. The minhaj, from nation to nation, may vary. How we pray, how we fast, etc. The shari'ah also may vary; Israelites, as a form of zikr, wear tzitzit- which are, basically, tassels attached to the four cornered garments to remind us of the Torah [a word which meant instruction]. Tzitzit [ציצת] which comes from the Aramaic tzit [צית] which meant commandment. Only Israelites are commanded to do such a thing- as the Torah was for Israel alone and not- necessarily- for mankind in general. Therefore, there is no instruction for other nations or peoples to do such. 

My religious practice is Islam, my creed is the millah of Abraham- tawhid- (AS) and my nationality is benei Yisrael- therefore I keep the Torah. I, like all who obey God, am muslim in practice.

@Yaaqov Ben Yisrael brother,

In an earlier post you write about the root meaning of HMD being admiration or envy .. what about the modern understand of the word being related to praise? 

also, i always found that some Arabic letters look like hieroglyphs, like the meem and the snake

Arabic-Alfabet-Mim.thumb.jpg.d2b847e9651c8a7142ae79a646a23be1.jpgsnake_egyptian_hieroglyph_card-rb0e8d2f126f345b0ae3abdbf79814c03_xvuat_8byvr_324.jpg.7db56a435710b802aa58bfda1cff7ff4.jpg

Edited by 313 Seeker

3 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

@Yaaqov Ben Yisrael brother,

In an earlier post you write about the root meaning of HMD being admiration or envy .. what about the modern understand of the word being related to praise? 

In Hebrew, the root H-M-D meant to desire, to want, to covet, etc. In Arabic, the root H-M-D meant to praise, to extol, to laud, etc. Although the origin of these words is the same- a thing which is desired [something that is desired is a thing which is coveted- praise is also a coveted quality]. However, as its often the case in Semitic languages, words often vary from the original meaning to encompass something else. L-H-M, for instance, meant bread in the North Semitic, but the same word meant meat in South Semitic- the original root had the meaning of something which is eaten and sustained life- which included both bread and meat.