Sign in to follow this  
Zahra1

Shia center in Petersfield, Portsmouth or Surrey?

Alsalam alikum,

There is a revert lives in Liss, near Petersfield and she doesn't have support network around her.

She is looking for mosque/center in Petersfield, Portsmouth or Surrey.

Are there any Shia communities there?

Is there any shia sister who lives there?

2 hours ago, Zahra1 said:

Alsalam alikum,

There is a revert lives in Liss, near Petersfield and she doesn't have support network around her.

She is looking for mosque/center in Petersfield, Portsmouth or Surrey.

Are there any Shia communities there?

Is there any shia sister who lives there?

WOKING has a shia Imambargah

Wessex Khoja Jamaat is in Portsmouth

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Salam, Inshallah I would like to visit Al Masjid Al Nabawi when it will be freed from the scum who dare to call themselves "custodians" of the haramain.
    •   You're comparing apples to oranges. The brother asked about wearing black. How the Kiswah fits into the argument here is beyond me. Besides, it used to be white during the Prophet's (p) time! Anyway, to answer your question brother @Shah Khan: Yes. It is Makrooh to wear black attire when not worn in order to mourn (with few exceptions like turban etc.). From Ayatullah Sistani's (rh) website: Question: Is it permissible to wear black on an ordinary day when it is not coinciding with the martyrdom of one the fourteen infallibles? Answer: It is permissible but it is reprehensible (makrooh) to wear full black. https://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01134/ Maybe later if I have some more time I can dig up a couple of ahadith that I recall from Al-Kafi that state the same.  Salam 
    • My mother is religious while my dad isn’t really.  I believe it can work—it just depends. 
    • 3.141. Muhammad b. Abd al-Rahman b. Abi Layla al-Ansari al-Qadhi https://sites.google.com/site/mujamalahadith/vol1/book-of-narrators/muhammad-b-abd-al-rahman-b-abi-layla-al-ansari-al-qadhi   [1/244] معاني الاخبار: عن أبيه، عن سعد بن عبدالله، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن علي بن الحكم، عن أبان الاحمر، عن عبد الله بن سنان قال: سألت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام عن امرأة أوصت بثلثها يقضى به دين ابن أخيها وجزء منه لفلان وفلانة، فلم أعرف ذلك، فقدّماني إلى ابن أبي ليلى فقال: ليس لهما شيء، فقال: كذب والله، لهما العشر من الثلث [1/244] Ma’ani al-Akhbar: His father from Sa’d b. Abdallah from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Ali b. al-Hakam from Aban al-Ahmar from Abdallah b. Sinan who said: I asked Aba Abdillah عليه السلام about a woman who wills that one-third [of her inheritance] should be used to pay off her debt and a “portion” of it should be given to a man and a woman [her relatives]. I [Abdallah b. Sinan] did not know that [i.e. what “portion” meant]. They took me to Ibn Abi Layla who said: they are to be given nothing. He [the Imam] said: He has lied by Allah! they are to be given one-tenth of the one-third.    NOTES: Muhammad b. Abd al-Rahman b. Abi Layla (d. 148) was a contemporary of al-Sadiq who was appointed to be the judge of Kufa by the Abbasids. His father was a Tabi’i who fought on the side of Ali in the battles. Ibn Abi Layla had a tinge of Tashayyu [in the sense of love towards Ali and his descendants] like most Kufans of his time.  Despite this, he set himself up as an independent authority in the religion. He based his rulings on considered opinion [Ra’y] which was denounced by the ‘Aimma. According to Islamic law, a person who dies and leaves inheritance may apportion one-third of their estate as per their wishes, and the remaining two-thirds are distributed automatically according to pre-set inheritance laws. The narration has to do with a woman who instructs that her one-third be used to pay off her debt and a “portion” of it to be given to someone. Words are very significant in Islam especially in the context of oaths and pledges. What does it mean when someone says a جزء i.e. “portion” of my wealth should be given to someone. How do we quantify this numerically? It is a question that has implication in real-life scenarios. The answer cannot be based on guess-work but linguistic analysis grounded in revelation. A more detailed variant of this narration is found in al-Kafi. It expands further on the reasoning behind the Imam's answer that “portion” equals one-tenth. Note that Abdallah b. Sinan is narrating from Abd al-Rahman b. Sayyaba [indicating that the above chain in Ma’ani is not complete]. على بن ابراهيم، عن أبيه، ومحمد بن يحيى، عن احمد بن محمد جميعا، عن ابن محبوب، عن عبدالله بن سنان، عن عبدالرحمن بن سيابة قال: ان امرأة أوصت الي فقالت: ثلثى يقضى به دينى وجزء منه لفلانة فسألت عن ذلك ابن أبى ليلى فقال: ماأرى لها شيئا ما ادرى ما الجزء فسألت عنه أبا عبدالله عليه السلام بعد ذلك وخبرته كيف قالت المرأة وما قال ابن أبى ليلى فقال: كذب ابن أبى ليلى لها عشر الثلث إن الله عزوجل أمر ابراهيم عليه السلام فقال: اجْعَلْ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ جَبَلٍ مِّنْهُنَّ جُزْءًا وكانت الجبال يومئذ عشرة والجزء هو العشر من الشئ Ali b. Ibrahim from his father and Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad all together from Ibn Mahbub from Abdallah b. Sinan from Abd al-Rahman b. Sayyaba who said: A woman willed to me saying: My one-third should be used to pay off my debts and a portion of it is for such and such woman. I asked Ibn Abi Layla about that so he said: I do not think the woman is to be given anything for I do not know what the “portion” is [should be]. I then asked Aba Abdillah عليه السلام about it. I informed him what the woman had said and what Ibn Abi Layla had said. He [the Imam] said: Ibn Abi Layla has lied, she is to be given one-tenth of the third. Allah Mighty and Majestic ordered Ibrahim عليه السلام saying: “place on each hill a portion of them” (2:260), and there were ten hills, thus a “portion” is one-tenth of something [whole]. Observe how the Imam is able to derive the answer from the Qur’an and the History of the Prophets. They truly were treasure-troves of knowledge to give such an answer without hesitation. When the Imam says Ibn Abi Layla has كذب ابن أبى ليلى he does not necessarily mean that Ibn Abi Layla has consciously spoken a falsity, ratherكذب  in Arabic is nuanced and can mean - has got it wrong.