Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

I think there was something similar a few years or so ago, not sure how it went though.

I would like to have an anonymous option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are annonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive, we do not forget. Takfiri's, expect us.

On a serious note, yes it's a good idea, but the problem is, how do we prevent it being abused? Perhaps only approved annonymous questions are to be let through? Lastly, can this website even be coded to do that function? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uponthesunnah said:

We are annonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive, we do not forget. Takfiri's, expect us.

On a serious note, yes it's a good idea, but the problem is, how do we prevent it being abused? Perhaps only approved annonymous questions are to be let through? Lastly, can this website even be coded to do that function? 

@Pearl178 @Shaykh Patience101 @IbnSina what do you guys say about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

We should have an option of posting questions anonymously. what do you guys say?

Hameedeh used to take PM questions & post them anonymously for the members. She stopped doing that because people were liking her posts & they were showing up in her content. One that I remember was a question like, my relative is addicted to porn, what should I do? If you don't want to post such a personal question, she didn't want to post such a question from her account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I was thinking the same. People went through either @starlight or @hameedeh if they wanted personal questions or stories posted.

An easy solution would be to create a separate "bot" account, controlled by a certain admin/mod, which would then post these types of question onto the forum. Since we can't bring in a completely anonymous feature because of spammers, this would still have to involve a certain level of trust; at least one mod/admin would know the identity of the questioner. Perhaps the Development Team can discuss this.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

^I was thinking the same. People went through either @starlight or @hameedeh if they wanted personal questions or stories posted.

An easy solution would be to create a separate "bot" account, controlled by a certain admin/mod, which would then post these types of question onto the forum. Since we can't bring in a completely anonymous feature because of spammers, this would still have to involve a certain level of trust; at least one mod/admin would know the identity of the questioner. Perhaps the Development Team can discuss this.

Thats a great suggestion i think we should do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2017 at 5:08 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

We should have an option of posting questions anonymously. what do you guys say?

This option has now been provided in the form of a Guest Lounge. (it's a trial run). Members can choose to post as Guests (in which case they will remain anonymous from other members). However, mods will be able to see who is who. All other non-member guests can post too. Members can also post/reply, while signed in, if they want to increase content count/ratings or simply make the identity/authorship of their post visible (the not anonymous option). The @Anonymous account is still there for more privacy since one admin has access to it and will post the question on behalf of members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abbas. said:

This option has now been provided in the form of a Guest Lounge. (it's a trial run).

The @Anonymous account is still there for more privacy since one admin has access to it and will post the question on behalf of members. 

Two great options for posting anonymously. Thank you Br. @Abbas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, Abbas. said:

This option has now been provided in the form of a Guest Lounge. (it's a trial run). Members can choose to post as Guests (in which case they will remain anonymous from other members). However, mods will be able to see who is who. All other non-member guests can post too. Members can also post/reply, while signed in, if they want to increase content count/ratings or simply make the identity/authorship of their post visible (the not anonymous option). The @Anonymous account is still there for more privacy since one admin has access to it and will post the question on behalf of members. 

Sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×