Haji 2003

Donald J. Trump [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Trump is something different. That's a large component, l think.

Also, he is not an insider and not 'controllable' like the Demon-cratic and Republican establishments want. Bush did call Trump "treasonous".

On 18/01/2018 at 1:56 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I don't want to talk about Trump specifically, but the phenomenon which he represents. 

I generally agree with what you say. But there is an elephant in the room that sometimes goes unnoticed. I'll draw your attention to the final debate between Clinton and Trump. Here's the full transcript:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/19/the-final-trump-clinton-debate-transcript-annotated/?utm_term=.495d24567139#annotations:10734256

If you do a word search for Iran you'll notice that it comes up 14 times and nearly all are references by Trump:

But the leaders that we wanted to get are all gone because they're smart. They say, what do we need this for? So Mosul is going to be a wonderful thing. And Iran should write us a letter of thank you, just like the really stupid -- the stupidest deal of all time, a deal that's going to give Iran absolutely nuclear weapons. Iran should write us yet another letter saying thank you very much, because Iran, as I said many years ago, Iran is taking over Iraq, something they've wanted to do forever, but we've made it so easy for them.

So we're now going to take Mosul. And do you know who's going to be the beneficiary? Iran. Oh, yeah, they're making -- I mean, they are outsmarting -- look, you're not there, you might be involved in that decision. But you were there when you took everybody out of Mosul and out of Iraq. You shouldn't have been in Iraq, but you did vote for it. You shouldn't have been in Iraq, but once you were in Iraq, you should have never left the way.

WALLACE: Sir, your two minutes are up.

TRUMP: The point is, the big winner is going to be Iran.

TRUMP: Iran is taking over Iraq.

WALLACE: Secretary Clinton, it's...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Iran is taking over Iraq. We don't gain anything.

CLINTON: This conspiracy theory, which he's been spewing out for quite some time.

The same happened in the second debate, with him referencing the nuclear deal

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/us/politics/transcript-second-debate.html

And the first one, where he mentions having spoken with Netanyahu who is not happy with the Iran deal:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/26/the-first-trump-clinton-presidential-debate-transcript-annotated/?utm_term=.2dcd6c08eb3f#annotations:10505470

Now in my opinion, admittedly thousands of miles from the U.S. and not really having visited the place, the Iran deal is not front of mind for Trump's electorate. In fact, it's more likely to be the intellectuals amongst Clinton voters who had likely even heard of Iran before this election. The only resonance Iran has with Trump's voters is that American money was given away. I don't really think they know or care about Iranian influence in Iraq - it's hardly a bread and butter issue.

But there is a constituency which cares very deeply indeed about Iran and I think these debates were all about bigging up Trump's credentials amongst them. They've seen from the last 8 years of Obama that the U.S. may not always be taken for granted and anyway American power is declining, Trump represents a heaven-sent opportunity to make once-in-a-lifetime gains.

10 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

2018 shutdown

Something near 80% of Americans oppose Trump's wall. Approximately 70% support the DREAM Act. Forcing a shutdown, which will hurt regular working Americans not rich congressmen and "president", is economic terrorism. They are using economic sanctions against the ordinary people to force half of Congress to vote in favor of things that almost nobody wants. 

The government doesn't represent the American people. They just want to win for their party. It's time to fire them all. 

Why support the 'dreamy act'? They are illegal entries to begin with. Give some a student visa to complete their collegiate educations and then they do go home. As for their parents who knew the criminal hazards in the routes they took, charge them with child endangering and lock them up.

Edited by hasanhh

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Why support the 'dreamy act'? They are illegal entries to begin with. Give some a student visa to complete their collegiate educations and then they do go home. As for their parents who knew the criminal hazards in the routes they took, charge them with child endangering and lock them up.

What I understood so far is this:

1- China:

American industry moved to China because it ships everywhere? Cheaper certainly. American economy started to shrink. Because US gov cannot force capitalist corporates to re-open on US land, US gov has to find another way to sustain itself as a state, other than the military complex, obviously.  

2- Re-shuffle the markets:

The 2008 crisis caused by huge withdrawal of money  from stock market. The elites started treasuring their money in save heavens in Panama and other similar places, away from taxes and other regulations.  Then bring on this as revelation in a  leak sort of? So, the while world leaders are embarrassed by their peasants (citizens) and they start calling for regulations to close all the gaps through which elites can avoid taxes. 

BrIXET comes out of EU, away from these regulations. Catalonia wanted out of the grip of these regulations as well.  Other countries gave the illusion that they are making special regulations to ensure taxes are on everyone. US did not play along and now it is by far and large , the save heaven for all elites money.

3- Kick out the peasants:

US economy will be based on banking money of elites. US will not need  the shabby look, the hippies and the homeless. It needs to be Elysium. 

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The majority of Americans disagree with you. The way most people see it, these people have lived here their whole lives after being brought here as children with no choice in the matter. They have no home where their parents came from. Many of them know nothing of their origin culture and language. This is the only home they know. Banishing people from the only home they can remember for an act that they had no control over is unjust and inhumane. Next will you propose prison sentences for the descendants of all criminals? 

6 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

What I understood so far is this:

1- China:

American industry moved to China because it ships everywhere? Cheaper certainly. American economy started to shrink. Because US gov cannot force capitalist corporates to re-open on US land, US gov has to find another way to sustain itself as a state, other than the military complex, obviously.  

Then what jobs will all these illegal entries have?

2- Re-shuffle the markets:

The 2008 crisis caused by huge withdrawal of money  from stock market. The elites started treasuring their money in save heavens in Panama and other similar places, away from taxes and other regulations.  Then bring on this as revelation in a  leak sort of? So, the while world leaders are embarrassed by their peasants (citizens) and they start calling for regulations to close all the gaps through which elites can avoid taxes. 

BrIXET comes out of EU, away from these regulations. Catalonia wanted out of the grip of these regulations as well.  Other countries gave the illusion that they are making special regulations to ensure taxes are on everyone. US did not play along and now it is by far and large , the save heaven for all elites money.

Panama and the Caribbean are tax avoidance schemes and monetary security [these countries do not recognize civil judgments].

3- Kick out the peasants:

US economy will be based on banking money of elites. US will not need  the shabby look, the hippies and the homeless. It needs to be Elysium. 

This was the change brought by the Reagan Administration 35+ years ago. lt is called the 'service economy'.

Otherwise, relevance?

1 hour ago, notme said:

The majority of Americans disagree with you. Credible citation needed.

The way most people see it, these people have lived here their whole lives after being brought here as children with no choice in the matter. Whole life? You wrote they were smuggled in by their parents. And they know their native language because that is what their parents speak.

They have no home where their parents came from. No relatives? Nothing that cannot be bought?

Many of them know nothing of their origin culture and language.Above.

This is the only home they know.That mentally challenged? Few were infants at the time of their illegal entry.

Banishing people from the only home they can remember for an act that they had no control over is unjust and inhumane. BS Besides, they will survive.

Next will you propose prison sentences for the descendants of all criminals? No, deportation.

I have ancestors who came to the United States illegally a long long time ago. Not only did they come here without the consent of the then government, they stole land, they usurped jobs and ways of life, they might even have killed the people who lived here before them. I guess I'll have to go "home" to wherever my people came from. 

Also, nobody with a soul and a conscience is in favor of not allowing children in working poor families to have subsidized health insurance. I don't have statistics on that one though. Yet it's another point that the political parties are engaging in their acts of economic terrorism over. 

As for the credibility of the other statistics I cited, I found various numbers, so I gave an approximate from near the middle of what I read. Look it up for yourself.

19 hours ago, notme said:

I have ancestors who came to the United States illegally a long long time ago. Not only did they come here without the consent of the then government, they stole land, they usurped jobs and ways of life, they might even have killed the people who lived here before them. I guess I'll have to go "home" to wherever my people came from. 

Also, nobody with a soul and a conscience is in favor of not allowing children in working poor families to have subsidized health insurance. I don't have statistics on that one though. Yet it's another point that the political parties are engaging in their acts of economic terrorism over. 

As for the credibility of the other statistics I cited, I found various numbers, so I gave an approximate from near the middle of what I read. Look it up for yourself.

What do you mean by "illegally"?

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

What do you mean by "illegally"?

Without the consent of the existing government of the land at that time. 

18 hours ago, notme said:

Without the consent of the existing government of the land at that time. 

This depends on the 'when' and 'how'. lmmigration law has varied widely over time.

35 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

This depends on the 'when' and 'how'. lmmigration law has varied widely over time.

Does it only count as law if it's written in English? The people who lived here before some of my ancestors were not English speakers and may or may not have had written language. 

5 minutes ago, notme said:

Does it only count as law if it's written in English? The people who lived here before some of my ancestors were not English speakers and may or may not have had written language. 

French or Dutch?

32 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

French or Dutch?

That group of ancestors of mine came to Virginia from England in the 1600s. The people who governed the land in North America at that time spoke a variety of languages.

20 minutes ago, notme said:

That group of ancestors of mine came to Virginia from England in the 1600s. The people who governed the land in North America at that time spoke a variety of languages.

The other thing I noticed is that European Americans are not integrating well with their new home. Despite centuries have past, they still do not feel comfortable enough to have healthy economic ties and sociopolitical and cultural ties with south America. They have good ties with Canada because Canadians are white too. 

They are still taking the history of Europe as their own history. They did not develop deep relation to the land they are on. 

I'm so happy trump became the president, it just puts everything much clearer in contrast, even the ones who does not care to read history or stay up to date on world politics can see whats going on and the role of the american government globally.

13 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Despite centuries have past, they still do not feel comfortable enough to have healthy economic ties and sociopolitical and cultural ties with south America. 

Great point! I hadn't thought of it that way. And let's not even get started on how white Americans think of native Americans! 

My administration is proud to have led historic efforts, at the United Nations Security Council and around the world, to unite all civilized nations in our campaign of MAXIMUM PRESSURE to denuclearize the Korean peninsula. And we continue to call on partners to confront Iran’s support for terrorists and to block Iran’s path to a nuclear weapon.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/president-donald-trumps-davos-address-in-full-8e14ebc1-79bb-4134-8203-95efca182e94/

Trump's speech at the World Economic Forum (Davos), this year.

Prompted by a line in a news report on the Nunes Memo release, l found the likes of this:

Fusion GPS was initially hired by the conservative Washington Free Beacon to find dirt on "republican" contenders for the GOP nomination. When Trump began winning the investigations leading to this FISA abuse and the Nunes Memo was dropped, but then re-hired by Hillary Camp and the DNC.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371929-gop-case-fbi-probe-based-on-tainted-evidence-linked-to-clinton at paragraph #10ff

Washington Free Beacon  is sponsored by Elliot Management hedge-fund founder and Cayman lsIands operative Paul Singer, see:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/30/steve-bannon-reportedly-trying-to-destroy-hedge-fund-giant-paul-singer.html