shiaman14

Best Professional Advice You've Received

Salaam, 

I was fortunate enough to have a mentor when I started my professional life. I went to him a couple of times with some work problems and he said, "(ShiaMan) - don't come to me with problems; come to me with solutions. When you come to me with problems, after a couple of times I will cringe every time I see you because I will automatically think you have a problem. But you come to me with a solutions to problem, all of a sudden you become the answer guy or the guy who solves problems, not creates them"

This was the best, professional advice I received and it really works.

What's the best business/professional advice you've received?

That's great. 

Best career advice I got came from one of my bosses: "There is always a solution. It's our job to find it. Usually there is more than one. We gotta find the best one for our project and our client."

Many but one that comes to mind is when the district manager once told that "sometimes the longer way is the shorter way" . At first I was like what the hell does that mean but after it marinated a little bit I realized what he meant.

We always hear good advice from family, friends and professional circles but can't recall anything that stands out. If a movie, ''Coach Cater", passes as a mentor, this one does it for me!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Invest in yourself as much as you can. You are your biggest asset. Knowledge, networking, credibility.... Anything you do to improve your own talents and make yourself more valuable will get paid off in the long term.