alidu78

Shrines in lebanese cities

23 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

wa 'alaykum assalam,

Also, I don't like to do this, but of all the fake shrines, Khawla's one is up there at the top, there is absolutely no historical evidence whatsoever that she existed.

Maybe but most of lebanese I met béliève she really existed. So if you could argue more why you béliève that , that could be great.

21 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Maybe but most of lebanese I met béliève she really existed. So if you could argue more why you béliève that , that could be great.

My argument is that there is not a single piece of historical evidence to indicate that she existed, her name isn't mentioned anywhere - certainly not in any traditional sources (probably not even in later sources). Not only that, older sources like Kitab al-Irshad say that the Imam only had two daughters, Fatima and Sakina.

It is probably best that you don't question this story too much whilst you are over there, but ask them what sources they refer to etc.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

9 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

My argument is that there is not a single piece of historical evidence to indicate that she existed, her name isn't mentioned anywhere - certainly not in any traditional sources (probably not even in later sources). Not only that, older sources like Kitab al-Irshad say that the Imam only had two daughters, Fatima and Sakina.

It is probably best that you don't question this story too much whilst you are over there, but ask them what sources they refer to etc.

So where this tradition come from ?

Just now, alidu78 said:

So where this tradition come from ?

Some guy saw her in a dream, and that is the origin of the story. I think that her shrine was only build after 1000 H

And now of course, the Moderassis and Shirazis believe this story, and Basim has a song about her, so their followers just believe it without any need to look into it.

2 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

And now of course, the Moderassis and Shirazis believe this story, and Basim has a song about her, so their followers just believe it without any need to look into it.

I don't understand all this unnecessary side attacks on people. You can just make your point without throwing fulan and fulan in there, because then someone might come in and start arguing with you about the people you mentioned instead of the actual historical topic you are speaking of.

Then the topic is diverted 

15 minutes ago, E.L King said:

I don't understand all this unnecessary side attacks on people. You can just make your point without throwing fulan and fulan in there, because then someone might come in and start arguing with you about the people you mentioned instead of the actual historical topic you are speaking of.

Then the topic is diverted 

Is what I said not correct? Do you think that the followers of these groups will look into the veracity of the claims of their scholars?

You can put her name into youtube and see what comes up.

2 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Some guy saw her in a dream, and that is the origin of the story. I think that her shrine was only build after 1000 H

Obviously its not only them. Because the mosque/mausoleum was financed by Iran and pictures of Khamenei and Khomenei were incrusted on the mosque.

27 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Is what I said not correct? Do you think that the followers of these groups will look into the veracity of the claims of their scholars?

You can put her name into youtube and see what comes up.

I didn't say you're wrong, I said it ain't the topic.

:salam:

Basically any village which name begins with "Nabi" implies that a nabi is buried there, or at least stayed a while there so locals built a maqam for him. There are a lot of them in the Beqaa but not only.

There are also many local traditions of personnalities who were maybe just pious servants who were taken as saints and then falsely called "nabi".

This might be true or false, sill this is part of the islamic landscape of Lebanon.

After all there were 124,000 anbiya, of course the truth is only to Allah (swt).

I found this blog a while ago

http://thecenteroflove5.blogspot.fr

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

I was told her real name is zaynab daughter of Hussain.  Khawla was a name given to her and not the name Imam gave her.

B5P03qPIcAIPLLf.jpg

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah