E.L King

Jurisprudence Forums

Rate this topic

:salam:

Is it possible that the mods who view the threads in the Jurisprudence forums to get rid of the comments of those who answer based on -

1) their own laymen opinion 

2) opinion of other sects and faiths

Except if they make it clear these answers are theirs or of the faiths/sects they belong to.

This is a Shi'a site and the expectation is to answer questions on Islamic Law based on Shi'i Law, and not of others, unless it is specifically pointed out.

4 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Is it possible that the mods who view the threads in the Jurisprudence forums to get rid of the comments of those who answer based on -

Except if they make it clear these answers are theirs or of the faiths/sects they belong to.

This is a Shi'a site and the expectation is to answer questions on Islamic Law based on Shi'i Law, and not of others, unless it is specifically pointed out.

Salam. ShiaChat has always required that replies in the Islamic Laws and Jurisprudence have a reference. Members who know something but do not have a reference are allowed to post in the meantime, until someone with a reference can reply. However, anyone who is not a Shia should not be posting there. Please report a post that does not comply with Shia ulema rulings.

I think everyone should be allowed to post. if you don't like their answers or if their answer doesn't satisfy you it doesn't mean that we should not allow a regular person to post their thoughts in the forum. I do agree one should provide source but in case they miss the source we could always ask them. 

Also, one time I asked a question to few ulamas and they answered according to their knowledge but their answer didn't satisfy me. However, there was one regular person who heard me asking a question to ulama and he said would you mind if I say something and trust me his answer was more satisfying than any other ulama. 

"خُذ الحِكمَةَ اَنّى كَانَت فَاِنَّ الحِكْمَةَ ضَالَّةُ كُلِّ مُؤمِن"

"Take wisdom from wherever it may be, for wisdom is the lost property of every believer."

"الحِكمَةُ ضَالَّةُ كُلِّ مُؤمِنٍ فَخُذْهَا وَلَو مِن اَفْوَاهِ المُنافِقِ"

"Wisdom is the lost property of every believer; take it, even if it be from the mouths of hypocrites.”

when you hear someone speak don't look at who is saying it look at what is being said. 

Edited by Ron_Burgundy

On 1/19/2017 at 10:13 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

I think everyone should be allowed to post. if you don't like their answers or if their answer doesn't satisfy you it doesn't mean that we should not allow a regular person to post their thoughts in the forum. I do agree one should provide source but in case they miss the source we could always ask them. 

If you, as a Shia, post in the shark topic to say 'I don't have a reference for it but I'm sure that eating shark meat is haram according to my marja' then there is no harm there. If someone else posts the Sunni viewpoint without saying it is a Sunni view that 'all seafood is halal' and Shia people eat shark meat after reading that, then harm has been done. Eating shark meat, which is haram, would be a sin, not to mention any physical, mental or spiritual harm it might cause, of which we are not aware.

If people are seeking an answer from Islamic Laws and Jurisprudence, then they are asking for Shia rulings. If someone wants an intellectual discussion on what is the difference between all the Islamic madhabs, they should post their topic in General Discussions or some other forum. 

On 1/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, E.L King said:

Duly noted. We will continue to support and enforce this policy.