2 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

you could potentially swap your chocolate with something else, like a banana or something maybe. 

Lol are you kidding me :/

But anyways, I don't want to give up the sweet things in life that make me happy. I'm still in control because I am not over-weight thanks god. Chocolate makes me happy and releases my stress. My philosophy is that as long as I'm keeping fit at the gym, I don't see why I should give up the only thing I love the most. 

I always go cold turkey. I started smoking in University I smoked for about 4 years and one day i decided i am not going to smoke anymore and its been almost a year now i haven't smoked a cigarette. 

9 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Lol are you kidding me :/

But anyways, I don't want to give up the sweet things in life that make me happy. I'm still in control because I am not over-weight thanks god. Chocolate makes me happy and releases my stress. My philosophy is that as long as I'm keeping fit at the gym, I don't see why I should give up the only thing I love the most. 

@Pearl178 eat 85% Coca chocolates. 

Sugar? Like everybody else, I love it but I can go without it for weeks without making an effort. I feel no craving for cakes and desi sweets - and I don't fancy chocolate and ice creams - so there! I like cookies and biscuits but won't seek them. If they are there, I can probably eat a whole party's supply, so yeah.

But I love tea and sometimes coffee but I use natural sweetener (Stevia extract) which is supposed to have no harmful side effects and zero cal. 

My problem, like King says, is carbs. White rice (biryani, pulao, daal chaawal's rice), bread, roti, naan and types of pasta and suchlike.

Edited by Marbles

4 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Chocolate makes me happy and releases my stress. My philosophy is that as long as I'm keeping fit at the gym, I don't see why I should give up the only thing I love the most. 

Some doctors recommend 1 ounce of dark chocolate daily, as a prescription for heart health. Dark chocolate has less sugar and more chocolate. 

l learned today that maltitol is a "sugar-alcohol" from hydrogenating sugar. "Maltitol" was on the back of a bottle for sugar free syrup.

The thing to really avoid is "high fructose corn syrup" and its alternative names (to mislead):: tapioca syrup, glucose/fructose syrup, maize syrup, Dahlia syrup, and a few others. This, HFCS, is a health hazard and creates diabetes by other means through the liver. It is made from corn starch.

I never liked the tastes of chemistry-lab sweeteners, saccharine's and al.

Stevia is the only sugar-substitute l know of that is safe.

No Sugars Added is about  the only thing we can do, or as some of the SC girls do is make their own. :clap:

Meanwhile, one SC Uhty needs an intervention: {:)}

4 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

I have started hard-core gyming and personal trainer has literally been massacring me but despite that I still can't live with one choco bar a day. I don't know how some of ya'll do it!!!

"choco bar"  the sign of the "chocaholic"  {chocolate + alcoholic}