4 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Have you guys ever tried no sugar or no carb diet?

something similar yeah - High protein, high (good) fat, lots of gym. currently losing a steady 2Kg a week. its hard man. I phased it out in stages. I started with no desserts, then no sugar in tea, then no fizzy drinks. at the moment I can have a cheat day each week and am on zero calorie/ sugar free fizzy drinks (team coke zero). 

the cravings are something awful. each time I crave sweet, I drink water or tea. 

the thing that keeps me going is that you do not go mental. if you start obsessing over how much sugar everything has, you will probably go crazy. avoid the major sweet stuff but dont worry too much about the confusing things, like porridge or baked beans or things like that. 

Just now, DigitalUmmah said:

something similar yeah - High protein, high (good) fat, lots of gym. currently losing a steady 2Kg a week. its hard man. I phased it out in stages. I started with no desserts, then no sugar in tea, then no fizzy drinks. at the moment I can have a cheat day each week and am on zero calorie/ sugar free fizzy drinks (team coke zero). 

the cravings are something awful. each time I crave sweet, I drink water or tea. 

the thing that keeps me going is that you do not go mental. if you start obsessing over how much sugar everything has, you will probably go crazy. avoid the major sweet stuff but dont worry too much about the confusing things, like porridge or baked beans or things like that. 

I am not taking any sugary drinks, fruits or any kind of dressings and sauces. I am on high protein and complex carb diet. I am not craving sugar its just i am feeling so damn lazy and tired. Its like my body is shutting down lol i have no energy. 

9 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I am not taking any sugary drinks, fruits or any kind of dressings and sauces. I am on high protein and complex carb diet. I am not craving sugar its just i am feeling so damn lazy and tired. Its like my body is shutting down lol i have no energy. 

take some good fats - the lethargy you are feeling is that you cant get energy from protein and low carb. fats are burnt readily as fuel so are a great source of energy. handful of walnuts? omega capsules? some boiled egg? whatever you fancy

13 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Low sugar symptoms. It's terrible. Sugar is the major source of energy. Because we don't consume enough energy so we become fat. So you are not taking energy altogether. Either bear it. Or take a bit of that but work out like 30 min a day. 

Avoiding artificial sugar isn't hard for me, I don't like tea, coffee and I am not that big on deserts. The problem for me is avoiding white rice and white bread, I love naan and unfortunately these basically turn into sugar so are not very good for you.

1 minute ago, ErikCartman said:

Low sugar symptoms. It's terrible. Sugar is the major source of energy. Because we don't consume enough energy so we become fat. So you are not taking energy altogether. Either bear it. Or take a bit of that but work out like 30 min a day. 

indeed. plus it gives you "ramadhan breath". 

people have been indoctrinated that all fats are bad and if you have even 1mg of fat, you WILL get cancer AIDS and die. 

in truth, (good) fats release energy faster than carbs. high protein, high (good) fat diet means you lose weight fast because your body is in a ketosis state, while feeling comfortable/ normal because you are getting your required amount of energy to function. 

1 minute ago, King said:

Avoiding artificial sugar isn't hard for me, I don't like tea, coffee and I am not that big on deserts. The problem for me is avoiding white rice and white bread, I love naan and unfortunately these basically turn into sugar so are not very good for you.

@Abbas. I just spotted a zionist infiltrator on shiachat. 

no Muslim could ever say that they don't like tea! 

I didn't have space for sugar when was bulking I consumed 2900-3100kcal I only had carbs,fats and protein in my mind but somtimes I had to go IIFYM. One cookie is ok now and then tho but I'm still fighting to not eat sugar.

Edited by alHussein

36 minutes ago, ErikCartman said:

I do need to change my eating habits. I have been eating a lot of junk food lately. And I think i am tired because of low calorie diet. 

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I do need to change my eating habits. I have been eating a lot of junk food lately. And I think i am tired because of low calorie diet. 

bro just try sticking to the diet you have currently, but taking your energy from good fats. see if it makes a difference to you. eg if you are feeling tired, eat a palmful of brazil nuts, or take some omega supplements first thing in the morning, or try and eat some oily fish

3 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I will take Omega supplements. 

It's unecessary, Instead eat fish, It's rich in fat. Unless it is hard for you to get enough fats through your diet or you don't simply have time to cook.

Edited by alHussein

1 hour ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Have you guys ever tried no sugar or no carb diet?

Im hopelessly addicted to Pepsi and/or Mt. Dew. I once went 2 days without a can and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Headaches, grouchy mood, etc..

I remember reading that a high sugar addiction is similar to a Cocaine addiction in that it triggers the same parts of the brain (Pleasure centers?) so people go into "withdrawal" when they don't get the fix.

I'm quite convinced that its the Soda lobby in the US that's preventing the FDA from declaring truly how harmful sugar Sodas are for the body. 

I'm prob gonna die of diabetes but hey at least I'll go with a smile. (As I crack open another can of Pepsi while typing this :D)

Just now, Akbar673 said:

Im hopelessly addicted to Pepsi and/or Mt. Dew. I once went 2 days without a can and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Headaches, grouchy mood, etc..

I remember reading that a high sugar addiction is similar to a Cocaine addiction in that it triggers the same parts of the brain (Pleasure centers?) so people go into "withdrawal" when they don't get the fix.

I'm quite convinced that its the Soda lobby in the US that's preventing the FDA from declaring truly how harmful sugar Sodas are for the body. 

I'm prob gonna die of diabetes but hey at least I'll go with a smile. (As I crack open another can of Pepsi while typing this :D)

Lollll I find Coke better than pepsi.

I did a low carb diet similar to what DU mentioned.

Biggest problem was the headaches so I took 2 spoons of sugar in my TEA in the mornings and that seemed to cure it.

If you live in the US, the soft drinks contain High Fructose Corn Syrup - that is the killer and deadly stuff...much much worse than sugar. Avoid at all costs.

31 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I will take Omega supplements. 

30 minutes ago, alHussein said:

It's unecessary, Instead eat fish, It's rich in fat. Unless it is hard for you to get enough fats through your diet or you don't simply have time to cook.

natural is always best, but if (like me) you hate the smell of fish, you can just take 6 or 7 capsules and not worry about it. 

:salam:

I have heard some of the best foods are:

Garlic

حضرت محمد (ص) : سیر بخورید و با آن مداوا کنید زیرا که در آن شفای هفتاد درد است.

(For Farsi speakers. I need to write this quick so I will Insha Allah translate later)

Onion 

Proven to help against headache and toothache

Mutton

One of the favourite meats of the Propjet (saw). Full of good fat too.

Dates

Basically the best for gaining energy. Why else would we eat them with iftar?

Mushroom is also mentioned in the Sunnah.

1 minute ago, Pearl178 said:

I have started hard-core gyming and personal trainer has literally been massacring me but despite that I still can't live with one choco bar a day. I don't know how some of ya'll do it!!!

in stages. extremes are always a bad idea. 

for example I love biscuits with my tea, those paki plain ones that come in the "assortment" bag. I always drink a cup of tea when I eat after work at home. I used to eat those biscuits and cake rusks like they were crack. 

instead of immediately going cold turkey, I gradually ate less and less, until right now I only eat them on a weekend day. maybe do something similar for chocolate? 

you could potentially swap your chocolate with something else, like a banana or something maybe. or only eat them every other day

7 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

:salam:

I have heard some of the best foods are:

Garlic

حضرت محمد (ص) : سیر بخورید و با آن مداوا کنید زیرا که در آن شفای هفتاد درد است.

(For Farsi speakers. I need to write this quick so I will Insha Allah translate later)

Onion 

Proven to help against headache and toothache

Mutton

One of the favourite meats of the Propjet (saw). Full of good fat too.

Dates

Basically the best for gaining energy. Why else would we eat them with iftar?

Mushroom is also mentioned in the Sunnah.

Also a hadith where one of the Imams (as) I think It was Musa ibn Ja'faar al Khadim(as) (I could be wrong) said If one eats an apple and takes a cold bath everyday he will never get sick again in his whole life.

Just now, alHussein said:

Also a hadith where one of the Imams (as) I think It was Musa ibn Ja'faar al Khadim(as) (I could be wrong) said If one eats an apple and takes a cold bath everyday he will never get sick again in his whole life.

not quite - apples & cold bath cure fever