alidu78

Search mosques in beirut

Salam aleykoum, 

I know live in beirut , however many beirutis I met for the moment said to me "oh I dont want to tell you about shia mosque because they are link to hezbollah and I m worried you could have problem because you are westerner (I dont speak arabic and I have an european passport). Could à lebanese or someone living in lebanon could help me to find à mosque for pray ?

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

Salam aleykoum, 

I know live in beirut , however many beirutis I met for the moment said to me "oh I dont want to tell you about shia mosque because they are link to hezbollah and I m worried you could have problem because you are westerner (I dont speak arabic and I have an european passport). Could à lebanese or someone living in lebanon could help me to find à mosque for pray ?

Thank you for your help.

Are you partying in Beirut? 

3 hours ago, realizm said:

Bad luck. Closest area to you would be Burj Abu Haidar, but you'd better not ask questions like you do here lol.

I am not sure I understood that last part of your sentence. 

6 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

I am not sure I understood that last part of your sentence. 

Well since you have a strong habit of asking who is sunni and who is shia, who is with Iran and who is not, last thing you would need to do is look suspicious, especially with a european passport. 

1 hour ago, realizm said:

Well since you have a strong habit of asking who is sunni and who is shia, who is with Iran and who is not, last thing you would need to do is look suspicious, especially with a european passport. 

Since im in lebanon I never asked myself this question. Its the people who said that themselves. Just one time I asked someone if he was shia but he was in reality deist or agnostic.

And even in iran I pratically never ask this question.

@alidu78 Salam, I live in a christian area and i usually go to Dahye to attend majalis in masjid al Ka'em or masjid al Kaazem. However I'm sure hezbollah wont do you a problem because you have a western passport, I never heard of such thing happening before. Hezbollahi people are very friendly.