ali_fatheroforphans

can one who never prays go to jannnah??

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I know this uncle of mine who passed away recently(may Allah have mercy on him) and I am close enough to know that he hardly ever prayed. The uncle was a great man and he was very kind-hearted.

I don't want to judge and I hope Allah forgives him and grants him jannah. But I just want to know that can one have any chance of jannah if one purposely considers salah not important and therefore misses it? Because i heard if this is the case then the good deeds are wiped away

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Can't missed prayers be made up or paid for on behalf of certain people related to the deceased marhoom?

Salah is incredibly important. 

Edited by uponthesunnah

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I know this uncle of mine who passed away recently(may Allah have mercy on him) and I am close enough to know that he hardly ever prayed. The uncle was a great man and he was very kind-hearted.

I don't want to judge and I hope Allah forgives him and grants him jannah. But I just want to know that can one have any chance of jannah if one purposely considers salah not important and therefore misses it? Because i heard if this is the case then the good deeds are wiped away

Prayers can't be replaced by good deeds, and to fulfill the prayers one must return and pray all of them. If he prays by according the salat time till to time of his death, Allah (swt) will enter him to Jannah without questioning him, but if he do not pray them by the time  till to time of his death, Allah (swt) will choose what to do with him. 

Edited by Dhulfikar

Khalil jaffar said that people are tested during their lives and they will go to jannat or jahannum based on how they perform in these tests. Rituals only prepare people for these tests, people will not go to hell or heaven based on rituals. I am paraphrasing and this is what I think he said. It makes sense because if a person sits at home and prays and fasts all day, doesn't work or doesn't get married, that's a very easy life. We face real tests when we deal with people and those tests are much harder than praying on time. 

notme likes this

I think not. It's one of the five pillars, imagine a chair It's legs are the pillars of Islam. If you have one missing leg the chair will fall. This is always how I've been thinking with religion.

yasahebalzaman.313 likes this

20 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

Khalil jaffar said that people are tested during their lives and they will go to jannat or jahannum based on how they perform in these tests. Rituals only prepare people for these tests, people will not go to hell or heaven based on rituals. I am paraphrasing and this is what I think he said. It makes sense because if a person sits at home and prays and fasts all day, doesn't work or doesn't get married, that's a very easy life. We face real tests when we deal with people and those tests are much harder than praying on time. 

Quran says that prayer is difficult except those who are humbly submissive. I don't think it is about whether salah is a diffcult test or not. Salah is a direct way of worship to Allah(swt) and those muslims who are grateful and humble find it very important to not even let a single salah be left unattended. We were created to worship Allah and not praying salah is being very ungrateful. Whether Allah puts one in heaven or hell, I cannot answer. There are numerous sayings of our imam that neglecting prayer or considering it not important is a greater sin and can invite punishment.

It does not matter how difficult or busy our lives are, we should include salah no matter what the circumstances are. 

1 hour ago, uponthesunnah said:

Can't missed prayers be made up or paid for on behalf of certain people related to the deceased marhoom?

Salah is incredibly important. 

According to a hadith, the distance between kufr and iman of a person is salat.

How can someone else make up for another person's kufr thru performing another person's salat thru payment or other wise?

Its up to Allah to forgive that person or not based on that persons other deeds or intention.

Prayer is important

But maybe he does something which gives him many good deeds and so he goes to heaven

so yes it is possible

We are human beings we are no one to be giving predictions on such divine judgement. Whether they are a tribesman living in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest, or a Shintoist in the heart of Japan we are nobody to judge. Everybody has their own unique circumstances and they will be judged accordingly.

ali_fatheroforphans and notme like this

Its neither possible nor impossible. Its upto Allah.

Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people." [Baqrah 286]

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin. [Nisa 48]

So make dua for your uncle and do sadqa on his behalf. If his own children do this from his own property then it will be more beneficial for your uncle In sha Allah.

Allah knows best.

shiaman14 likes this

Alhamdullilah, all answers are based on justice.

When I explored this thread one thing immediately came into my mind. If you all people are so just with your own self and with your community people then why don't you believe and acknowledge the same for abu bakr, umar, uthman, umm aisha alaihe mu salam. Why don't you leave their matter also with Allah. Allah himself will decide about them with justice. Then why you pray for them that they may go to hell and send lanah upon them. Will you do the same with your loved ones ever if they also disobey Allah and His prophet s.a.w.w. Laws of Allah are applicable on everyone.

Here is a reminder for all seekers of the truth.

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. [Nisa 135]

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do. [Maida 8]

May Allah swt bless you all. Ameen.

Jazak Allah Khairan.

Salat is serious matter, it's a basis of our deeds becoming accepted. Our accepted deeds are what has value in the after life. How can someone enter heaven if they have no good (accepted) deeds?

Imam As-Sadiq (peace be upon him) has said: “The first thing for which a person shall be subjected to reckoning is prayers. If they are accepted, all his other deeds shall (also) be accepted. But if rejected, all his other deeds shall (also) be rejected.”

Wasa’ilush Shi`a, Volume 3, Page 22

The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “The good deeds of one who, without any appropriate excuse does not offer his prayer until its time passes away, are annulled.” He then said: “The divide between a believer and disbelief is the abandonment of prayers.”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 82, Page 202

https://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-on-salat

notme likes this

2 hours ago, certainclarity said:

According to a hadith, the distance between kufr and iman of a person is salat.

How can someone else make up for another person's kufr thru performing another person's salat thru payment or other wise?

Its up to Allah to forgive that person or not based on that persons other deeds or intention.

Its obligatory for your eldest son to perform your missed salats when you are deceased.

" The performance of the father’s missed prayers and fasts, is obligatory for his eldest son. By obligatory caution he should perform his mother's missed prayers and fasts as well.

The performance of the father’s missed prayers and fasts, which are obligatory for his eldest son, will not become obligatory for the latter’s son or brother upon his death after that of his father.

By the eldest son, it is meant the eldest son who is alive when his father dies, even if he is not the father’s first son because the first son died before his father. 

In case father/mother did not perform prayer out of rebellion, to perform their missed prayers is not obligatory for the eldest son. However, caution by performing their qaḍā’ prayer, should not be forgone.  "

@ali_fatheroforphans Have your uncle's son (if he has any) start praying his missed prayers immediately.

5 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I just want to know that can one have any chance of jannah if one purposely considers salah not important and therefore misses it? Because i heard if this is the case then the good deeds are wiped away

He may or may not go to Jannah. It is not us who decide about the heaven and hell . Allah is the Lord he can do what ever he want there is no one to question him but he can question every one. No one can explain and limit the mercy of God. The Qaza of your uncle can be performed even after his death.

Dog of Ashab-e-Kahaf will go to heaven.  {The dogs and pigs are najis, and even their hair, bones, paws and nails, and every liquid substance of their body, is najis.}

All based on my thinking may be right or wrong Allah, Prophet (saww) and Ahl-e-Bait a.s knows better.

I can't say that person will 100% go to Hell, but the Hadiths on the punishment of those who don't pray are very explicit...

One authentic hadith calls the one who doesn't pray... a kafir.

Pearl178 and Dhulfikar like this

@Hassan Y

Salam brother

I have heard of this ruling, but It is not part of fiqh which I take and agree,as I am of the belief and understanding that we earn what we sow, and no one will bare our responsibility which we abandon knowingly when we are aware of the truth of the matter, in the hereafter.

Salat which is the pillar stone of religion cannot be bought or done by others.

If that is the case many can dump their responsibilities and on the day of judgement tell God, dont worry my son has prayed instead of me, or God I had money, I bought my way to heaven.

As not performing salat on purpose as the OP mentioned, this leads to Kufr as abandoning salat is the distance between Kufr and Iman, I cannot purchase Iman, nor can my act of Iman be purchased by money.

Now whether God wants to over look Haq Allah and just take account of Haq o nas that is another thing.

But the OP and others are free to think otherwise.

This is my learning and understanding of taking full responsibility of my own short comings.

May God forgive us out of his mercy.

Edited by certainclarity
ali_fatheroforphans likes this

4 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

Why don't you leave their matter also with Allah

This matter is absolutely up to Allah, if Allah wills he will forgive, if not he will remove his mercy.

Allah does not go by what we humans want or decide for others based on our limited knowledge and emotions. 

He is all knowing and Just.He does what is best.

Hashasheen217 likes this

Its obligatory for your eldest son to perform your missed salats when you are deceased.

Where is the proof for this statement? Our Imams (as) says no one can replace Salat but with return to it.

certainclarity likes this

8 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I have read that if a deceased died in a manner that his prayers were Qadh, it is the duty of his elder son to pray Qadha for his deceased father or pay to someone to pray Qadha salah. However, you may confirm it by reading the rulings of marja.

Secondly, it depends upon Allah (SWT) whether to forgive or not because it is included among Huqooq Allah, but Imam Jafar al- saqid a.s said that pray salah for you will be asked about it in graves. However, in hereafter, we are responsible for your intercession to God. 

6 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Where is the proof for this statement? Our Imams (as) says no one can replace Salat but with return to it.

This is the fatwa of Sayyed Al-Sistani.

2 hours ago, E.L King said:

So it is exception? It is interesting to read the hadiths about it.

3 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Come to chat room

Edited by Irfan1214

Can one who never prays go to jannnah??

Salah is wajib for us and mentioned as "mairaaj" of momin. So every Muslim need to offer all the "wajibaat" if he want jannah. Apart from this, I find the answer to your question as "Yes" when I see the character like Abu-Talib (a.s). So I can say "yes" to your question because I have "ONE" example with me.