DigitalUmmah

Everyone but shia are preparing

Rate this topic

146 posts in this topic

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as). 

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

I had the pleasure of meeting a member of a nakshabandi sufi order in the UK over the course of the last weekend. we discussed our differences regarding the awaited Imam for several hours over tea. it was good, but at the same time worrying for me, as a shia. 

some background about him, he was on a £70,000 a year job in central London 30 years ago, and his sheikh gave a speech that it was time to prepare for the Mahdi. this guy, and all the members of his sufi order immediately sold everything, and scattered to the most isolated areas of the UK in order to prepare. 

when I say "prepare" - I mean proper, full on doomsday prepping. he took me around his farm and showed me his store of 6 months worth of food for himself, family and up to 100 hundred people who might seek refuge, seed stores, horse stables and armoury. he specifically chose that location after studying factors like if the nearest city was bombed by a nuke would it affect his valley, and his water is from a local aquifer instead of the water company. plus he powers his farm by solar and wind. not only this but him and his group once a year go on a 2 week extreme survival course with ray mears himself to practice for living in the forest with zero resources 

during our discussions we also talked about salafis - its often overlooked that the salafi themself, even daesh, are preparing for the mahdi. thats why they tried taking over Iraq and Syria, to pave the way. salafis have their own private gyms and strategies and training retreats across the UK. 

basically, every people are preparing, apart from the UK shia. its extremely worrying. how can we encourage shias in the UK to at least begin preparations, if they cannot reach the level of other sects? why do you think shia are sleepwalking while everyone around us is going crazy getting ready?

Posted (edited)

If a dude like me is warning you that his highness (AS) 2nd Coming is imminent. what else wll convince you guys.

Edited by ErikCartman

3 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

why do you think shia are sleepwalking while everyone around us is going crazy getting ready?

Shias fighting in Syria/Iraq is not sleepwalking. Fighting oppression and defending your shrines/people/country is exactly how you get ready for Imam al Mehdi's (af) return, not by waiting for him while doing nothing. What Imam al Mehdi (af) really wants is for shias to prepare themselves spiritually by having more imaan, which is one thing a lot of shias are lacking. With more imaan comes more courage and strength to fight and defend the shias, like the ones on the battlefield in Syria/Iraq/Yemen, who are the real soldiers of al Mehdi.

mesbah, alHussein, hayaah and 6 others like this

Just now, Hassan Y said:

Shias fighting in Syria/Iraq is not sleepwalking. Fighting oppression and defending your shrines/people/country is exactly how you get ready for Imam al Mehdi's (af) return, not by waiting for him while doing nothing. What Imam al Mehdi (af) really wants is for shias to prepare themselves spiritually by having more imaan, which is one thing a lot of shias are lacking. With more imaan comes more courage and strength to fight and defend the shias, like the ones on the battlefield in Syria/Iraq/Yemen, who are the real soldiers of al Mehdi.

sorry I am referring to people in the west/ UK compared with other groups who also live here, who are preparing every single day and already are miles ahead of shia in terms of what they have already done and sacrificed for their preparation

I'm certain I've read somewhere that nukes could destroy land the size of texas...? The UK is far smaller than that. Let's not forget, the size of our island is actually enlarged on the map. If you really worry about nukes, then go someplace no one would bother targeting: the artic poles, remote parts of Russia/Africa etc. Honestly, what he's doing wouldn't help much in my opinion. But I guess it's the intention that counts.

4 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

You've put it better than I could. The sufi friend has done quite a lot, but not applying these during his lifetime makes them obsolete. You could help the imam more effectively by helping people. Once he reappears you can focus all the energy and skill you've developed to aid him instead of the general population. Helping people, animals and the environment is literally our role here. So just work to fulfil it :) 

12 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

sorry I am referring to people in the west/ UK compared with other groups who also live here, who are preparing every single day and already are miles ahead of shia in terms of what they have already done and sacrificed for their preparation

Sadly I am not too hopeful about many Shias (not all of course) living in the West. I hope our generation can change things but from my own experiences the older generations are too busy building multiple centres in one city, because for some reason, Indians/Pakistanis/Iraqis/Iranis/Lebanese/Khojas need their own space, so long as we prioritise culture over religion and continue giving religion the backseat, we can never say we're ready for our Imam to reappear. Far too many people benefit from our cultural divisions, and though we keep emphasizing Shia/Sunni unity, the lack of unity between Shias, which should be the first priority is astounding. I think the first meaningful step is learning to separate culture and religion and putting the fact that we are all Shias regardless of color, nationality, race etc. above all else. With that unity established, we can then think forward to using this to building great causes. But with a divided Shia Ummah, where we judge people based on not just their race and other factors, but also on their opinions on Taqleed, WF, Iran, politics, is not productive whatsoever. The key to understanding that we have only 5 Usool-e-Din and anyone that follows these 5 is a Shia, and their political opinions or any other opinions should not be a barrier. 

Bazzi_, notme, QiiQii and 3 others like this

19 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

But having a farm in a remote area with food and such is not the right way to prepare for his arrival is what I'm trying to say. You need to have imaan first to even fight with Imam al Mehdi (af). We need to be working on our imaan, we need to be active and seek more knowledge of Islam.

Posted (edited)

Yes, we must do something. But how ?

Edited by magma
Don't need to quote whole OP

Ulemas are saying that arrival of Imam e Zamana is near. But our governments are not taking following steps.

It is government's fault brother.

poor guy... but not gonna lie that sounds wicked make it a movie please

Educate yourself, not just formal education, but generally. Be aware of the state of the ummah at all times. Grow basirah, and enlighten others. What Imam needs is smart, aware and educated (formal and other) people. Mourning and duas and all that is excellent, but worth nothing if carried by unaware people. Heck, the army of yazeed prayed on time too, awareness was lacking.

When you do this, you must then help others do the same.

1 hour ago, Hassan Y said:

But having a farm in a remote area with food and such is not the right way to prepare for his arrival is what I'm trying to say. You need to have imaan first to even fight with Imam al Mehdi (af). We need to be working on our imaan, we need to be active and seek more knowledge of Islam.

Both?  They aren't mutually exclusive.

In the US, as far as I know the Mormons are the role model for preparation.  Everything I know about disaster readiness, I learned from my Mormon friend.  It probably would never be an issue for me - I'm surrounded by cities and military bases that would be at the top of the nuke list.  If we do survive, I've got enough food for a few months, but we'd have to get water, and I'm certain nobody in my house could fight if it came to that.  I'm very good at invisibility though.  Maybe I can teach that special talent to my people. 

36 minutes ago, notme said:

Both?  They aren't mutually exclusive.

In the US, as far as I know the Mormons are the role model for preparation.  Everything I know about disaster readiness, I learned from my Mormon friend.  It probably would never be an issue for me - I'm surrounded by cities and military bases that would be at the top of the nuke list.  If we do survive, I've got enough food for a few months, but we'd have to get water, and I'm certain nobody in my house could fight if it came to that.  I'm very good at invisibility though.  Maybe I can teach that special talent to my people. 

You're right there's nothing wrong with preparing food/water/shelter for the worst, but as long as your first priority is to educate yourself on Islam, gain more knowledge/imaan and help others like what repenter said.

notme likes this

4 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

when I say "prepare" - I mean proper, full on doomsday prepping. he took me around his farm and showed me his store of 6 months worth of food for himself, family and up to 100 hundred people who might seek refuge, seed stores, horse stables and armoury. he specifically chose that location after studying factors like if the nearest city was bombed by a nuke would it affect his valley, and his water is from a local aquifer instead of the water company. plus he powers his farm by solar and wind. not only this but him and his group once a year go on a 2 week extreme survival course with ray mears himself to practice for living in the forest with zero resources

What movie inspired this?

hasanhh and hayaah like this

4 hours ago, yusur317 said:

I'm certain I've read somewhere that nukes could destroy land the size of texas...?

Dunno about that man. level a city? almost certainly. wipe out the whole UK? very very unlikely.

Disclaimer: my source of this idea is this website

http://www.wouldisurviveanuke.com/

1 minute ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Dunno about that man. level a city? almost certainly. wipe out the whole UK? very very unlikely.

Depends on what kind of nuke your talking about. Tsar Bomba, the largest Nuclear warhead ever created (50 megatons) by the Soviet Union, can easily level out the state of Texas, check out its detonation on youtube. Russia also just recently came out with a rocket propelled nuclear missile deemed the "Satan 2" which can also level out France in its entirety. Nukes are bad man..... really bad, remember the destruction and death caused by Hiroshima? Well, compare it to the Tzar Bomba down below, its that tiny dot...... now imagine that. Right now, nine countries together possess more than 15,000 nuclear weapons. The United States and Russia maintain roughly 1,800 of their nuclear weapons on high-alert status – ready to be launched within minutes of a warning. Even Israel possess around 700, they have an option deemed the "Samson Option" which is a deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" against a country whose military has destroyed much of there country, basically, if they go down, the world is  going down with them. 

tsar%20bomba%20chart.gif

8 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

According to that website the Tsar Bomba that Russia used is able to destroy all of London. Russia has about 7300 nuclear warheads, so imagine 7300 Tsar Bomba's in UK, that would not only destroy UK but it would devastate all of Europe. 

Bazzi_ likes this

Depending on the city size targeted, I might survive, according to that website, but it's assuming cities are targeted not military bases. Even in the better situations, I'm in the light orange zone. I doubt we'd be able to eat our figs and grapes. 

Bazzi_ likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

£70,000 a year job in central London 30 years ago,

So he gave up at the very least £2.1 million in lost income and presumably also sold his London property to buy this farm. That London property is now likely worth 6x (or more) what is was worth in 1987.

I think there is a balance between being preparing for the worst and believing in God's mercy. Get the balance wrong, live in fear and you don't make the best use of life's opportunities.

I'd go along with @repenter .

If preparation is principally material, human psychology being what it is, I think you'd be more inclined to make a type 1 error, a false positive, or in other words accepting a false Mahdi.

Edited by Haji 2003

4 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

No hassan. Dont call his efforts useless. Infact there was even a lecture online by agha panahiyan 

Called "buy a modern horse for the reappearnce."On youtube.he even said to buy an arrow.just listen to it

notme likes this

List all the ''calamities'' that the Quran speaks about just before the day of judgement. Look at how the Quran describes the lands, the mountains, the sky when ''disaster strikes''...

And tell me that doesn't paint itself as a worldwide Nuclear war.

hayaah likes this

5 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

What Imam al Mehdi (af) really wants is for shias to prepare themselves spiritually by having more imaan,

Do you think we need to work on any other area besides strengthening our Iman?

5 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

With that unity established, we can then think forward to using this to building great causes.

What steps is the shia community taking to promote this unity amongst the shias?

I don't disagree with the arguments people presented above. Having a strong Iman is the very first thing we need to have if we want to be one of the 313 but surely there must be other things? 

Are we burying our hands in the sand when we talk of the nuclear weapons and how they have the potential to destroy everything. 'We are going to die anyway if there is a third(nuclear) world war so what's the use of doing any other preparation besides working on our faith'. Even in the case of the most deadly nuclear weapon being used not everyone will die,some people will survive, what about them?? 

notme likes this

The war is in our minds brothers and sisters. We need to lay the foundations and groundworks for intellectual enlightenment and awakening. All of these material - horses, stables, swords, preparation for surviving a nuclear bomb, et al, are not that important.

How much do you know of your political world, and environment, and the various enemies, implicit and explicit?

How much Quran and ahadith do you know?

How much do you know of Imam Al Mahdi ajfs, and mahdi ideology?

The biggest stock of weapons we have is in books and in our teachers. The warfare is in our minds. 

hayaah, Haji 2003, P. Ease and 1 other like this