Tango

About the Devil

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

If he is just a jinn, how does he have the omnipresence and and ability to whisper to and misguide everyone?

How is he still alive after all this time?

How can anyone be so stupid as to condemn themselves to the worst of punishments over something like bowing?

I know some with think these are stupid questions but I am not very knowledgeable and if anyone could provide any clarification I would appreciate it a lot.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devil is the most misunderstood creature in the galaxy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TimeforM said:

The devil is the most misunderstood creature in the galaxy.

You know anything? Enlightenment us about him. 

Pearl178 and P. Ease like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, magma said:

You know anything? Enlightenment us about him. 

Most of the people, including believers are saying that satan is bad and he isnt right what he is saying about humans, while acting just as he said that humans will act. Satan is the biggest critic of humans and he is telling the truth, but is considered as a liar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lt is good to stay within what Quran reveals.

Shatan whispers to you from a place you cannot see. Behind you. From your behind your back.

For any Christians reading this, l am reminded of a sermon/khotbah that a Protestant Reverend gave when l was in grade school. He said, "Satan is the best salesman God(swt) ever created." And then there is John Chapter 8 "Father of Lies"  as a basis for that sermon point.

However, if this thread is referring to the Great Satan, he lies to your face and bombs your head.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, TimeforM said:

Most of the people, including believers are saying that satan is bad and he isnt right what he is saying about humans, while acting just as he said that humans will act. Satan is the biggest critic of humans and he is telling the truth, but is considered as a liar.

Nonetheless, we're told to seek refuge from him, and we're told he's a sworn enemy to mankind. Are we misunderstanding something here?

Edited by magma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, magma said:

Nonetheless, we're told to seek refuge from him, and we're told he's a sworn enemy to mankind. Are we misunderstanding something here?

Seek refuge from his truth, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TimeforM said:

Seek refuge from his truth, yes. 

I don't understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TimeforM said:

Most of the people, including believers are saying that satan is bad and he isnt right what he is saying about humans, while acting just as he said that humans will act. Satan is the biggest critic of humans and he is telling the truth, but is considered as a liar.

Anton LaVey said the same thing. :censored:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8-1-2017 at 10:32 AM, Tango said:

If he is just a jinn, how does he have the omnipresence and and ability to whisper to and misguide everyone?

How is he still alive after all this time?

How can anyone be so stupid as to condemn themselves to the worst of punishments over something like bowing?

I know some with think these are stupid questions but I am not very knowledgeable and if anyone could provide any clarification I would appreciate it a lot.

:)

1. Jinns have abilities that we as humans don't and would probably consider magical. ''Shaytan'' however is a word that can be used for ''The'' devil and also multiple personal devils. I think I read somewhere that, Allah tells us that if a man sins, He makes a personal devil for you specifically for that sin, so that he will keep whispering to you come back to this sin. You will be battling this ''personal'' shaytan for your entire life or untill you give up that specific sin. There isn't just one Shaytan. There is the one who didn't wanna bow down to us and there are his giant army of shayateen.

2. According to the Quran some Prophets lived for 900+ years, if people of flesh can live that long, than other creatures can too.

3. Pride. Pride makes everyone stupid. Satan is pride and pride is satanic (if not cared for properly).

The biggest devil in our time, in retrospect, was the one Ayatollah Khomeiny (rahimuhullah) warned us about.

Edited by P. Ease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seek refuge of Allah from Satan & from being encircled by his whispers. 

Apart from being the source of misguidance for humanity, the existence of this creature (Satan) itself points towards the system of guidance.

Surah Al-Hijr, Verse 42:

إِنَّ عِبَادِي لَيْسَ لَكَ عَلَيْهِمْ سُلْطَانٌ إِلَّا مَنِ اتَّبَعَكَ مِنَ الْغَاوِينَ

Surely. as regards My servants, you have no authority over them, except those who follow you of the deviators.

(English - Shakir)

Surah An-Nahl, Verse 99:

إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ لَهُ سُلْطَانٌ عَلَى الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ

Surely he has no authority over those who believe and rely on their Lord.

(English - Shakir)

Surah An-Nahl, Verse 100:

إِنَّمَا سُلْطَانُهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ يَتَوَلَّوْنَهُ وَالَّذِينَ هُم بِهِ مُشْرِكُونَ

His authority is only over those who befriend him and those who associate others with Him.

(English - Shakir)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.