Sign in to follow this  
HayderM

Shia Mosques in Sydney?

Any recommendations for any Shia Mosques, Jamehs, Masjids, in Sydney? And how does a Mosque work? What do you do in there? Is there a routine? Are there rules? Is it separate for men and women? Is there a Sheikh, Imam, Sayed or someone else? When does the Sheik, Imam or Sayed come? Is it free? Do I have to know how to pray? I apologize for the overload of questions, I was not born in a Muslim country.

Salam, I can assure you mosques are free, you dont really need to know how to pray although would be ideal, go in copy the rest and slowly try to learn it, men are separated from women, A sheikh/Imam leads the prayer they usually would come or arrive a little earlier than the prayer time. Rules are take your shoes off, wear normal clothing dont go in with anything indecent, e.g. a no sleeve top or something (This is subject to culture what is worn in mosques but as long as its flatline moral). Usually the imam/sheikh will lead the prayer and you follow him saying the words in ur head/ lipising the words but you dont recite outloud as they are leading.

I have been to several in Sydney, and as brother Hayder has said, they are free. They also host events and so on. It is always best to contact the Mosque to find out what events are held during the week. They cater for both English and Arabic speaking people.

If you have any questions while you are there just ask anyone brother around you and they will be more then happy to help you.

If you need help with addressees or numbers to certain Mosques I can get them for you.

We are all one under Islam.

Thank you for the information brother. I am extremely excited to go to my first mosque ever. If you could give me addresses for some of them that you'd recommend I would be very grateful.

Any time Brother.

The Fatima Al-Zahra Mosque 
Address: 1 Wollongong Rd, Arncliffe NSW 2205
Phone: (02) 8021 8153

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Masjid Arrahman

Address: 20 Garema Circuit, Kingsgrove NSW 2208
Phone: (02) 9758 9977

http://www.masjidarrahman.com.au/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMAM HUSAIN ISLAMIC CENTRE

Address 6 Lang Road Earlwood NSW 2206

Ph: (02) 95581114

http://www.ihic.org.au/

Nshalla you find what you are looking for brother and may Allah swt guide you to the right path. If I can assist in anyway please let me know.