ElAhmed

What to do in Iran

On 12/23/2016 at 2:37 PM, ElAhmed said:

:salam:

What to do Iran?

Beside visiting Imam Reza as and his sister Sayidda Masoumeh.

Pros & Cons 

Daily costs Iran as tourist

List with hotels for Mashad,Teheran and Qom

Mashad, only imam reza is worth seeing.

Tehran, go to south Tehran, see behesht zahra visit shuhada, maybe even visit imam khomeinis grave(unless you are of the other type). Other than that, shah abdol azim is nice, ummm darband is ok if you got the money for it. Some major parks in tehran worth seeing. 

Qum, Jamkaran, hazrat khirz mountain, ulama, hawzahs, etc etc. 

6 hours ago, repenter said:

Tehran, go to south Tehran, see behesht zahra visit shuhada, maybe even visit imam khomeinis grave(unless you are of the other type). Other than that, shah abdol azim is nice, ummm darband is ok if you got the money for it. Some major parks in tehran worth seeing. 

Noo, I would like to visit imam Khomeinis grave :thankyou:

Jamkaran is south of Qom? How could I go from Qom to Jamkaran, and how to go from Teheran to Mashad (budget)

1 hour ago, ElAhmed said:

Noo, I would like to visit imam Khomeinis grave :thankyou:

Jamkaran is south of Qom? How could I go from Qom to Jamkaran, and how to go from Teheran to Mashad (budget)

Jamkaran is on the outskirts of qum. Just take taxi, shouldnt cost you more than 5-6 dollars.

Tehran to mashad you have two options; train or plane. Train takes longer but is cheaper, plane is obviously faster but a little more expensive. The prices range from 100k-600k depending on season and means of transport.

10 hours ago, repenter said:

North Tehran is nice too. Be sure to check out the grand bazaar. I personally love tajrish square. 

Just now, repenter said:

north Tehran is garbage, except a few places. 

Oh really? Well , one of my best friends live there. In gholhak actually, and it's not all garbage. I wanted to see south Tehran but my friend's dad wouldnt let me. 

5 minutes ago, enigma313 said:

Oh really? Well , one of my best friends live there. In gholhak actually, and it's not all garbage. I wanted to see south Tehran but my friend's dad wouldnt let me. 

Your friend living there isn't going to change my opinion on what garbage is. My entire family from my moms side live there, it's still garbage. Everyone has their opinion and taste. 

2 minutes ago, repenter said:

Your friend living there isn't going to change my opinion on what garbage is. My entire family from my moms side live there, it's still garbage. Everyone has their opinion and taste. 

This is true , everyone does. Tbh , I would like to visit south Tehran, inshAllah I will. Garbage is a strong word that's all. 

1 minute ago, enigma313 said:

This is true , everyone does. Tbh , I would like to visit south Tehran, inshAllah I will. Garbage is a strong word that's all. 

I wanted to use stronger word, but it's not appropriate. 

On 12/24/2016 at 9:18 AM, enigma313 said:

This needs to stop now. I understand you dislike north Tehran, and I like it. End of. I just want our visitor to Iran to enjoy all of Iran. 

End of what? I said my opinion, you said yours. No one forced you to comment. I want visitors to enjoy the parts i deem good and avoid the bad parts, what's the problem?

On 12/24/2016 at 9:32 AM, repenter said:

End of what? I said my opinion, you said yours. No one forced you to comment. I want visitors to enjoy the parts i deem good and avoid the bad parts, what's the problem?

There is no problem. I want the same. I just think that you can't write off a whole area without even explaining why. 

Just now, enigma313 said:

There is no problem. I want the same. I just think that you can't write off a whole area without even explaining why. 

Ofc i can, and ive explained to you before. If someone else wants elaboration, they can ask.

1 minute ago, repenter said:

Ofc i can, and ive explained to you before. If someone else wants elaboration, they can ask.

Yes you have explained to me before but for the benefit of our visitor, it might be helpful for him to know. That's all. Anyway , let's just be civil  and agree that we both of have different opinions. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, enigma313 said:

Yes you have explained to me before but for the benefit of our visitor, it might be helpful for him to know. That's all. Anyway , let's just be civil  and agree that we both of have different opinions. Thank you. 

yeah, i said that like 5 posts ago......

Just now, ElAhmed said:

What about hotels? What are the prices?

In tehran i dont know bro, never stayed at a hotel in tehran. But mashad, you can get a lot of good hotels. In Mashad, i know of a good hotel called soroosh. It's very close to the Haram and its cheap while having good standard and good meals. We were like 8 people and paid 400K for 2 large appartment type rooms with kitchen, bathrooms and sleeping rooms + living room. We paid around 500USD for 2 nights, which makes it like around 60USD per person. But you can also find cheaper. 

1 hour ago, repenter said:

In tehran i dont know bro, never stayed at a hotel in tehran. But mashad, you can get a lot of good hotels. In Mashad, i know of a good hotel called soroosh. It's very close to the Haram and its cheap while having good standard and good meals. We were like 8 people and paid 400K for 2 large appartment type rooms with kitchen, bathrooms and sleeping rooms + living room. We paid around 500USD for 2 nights, which makes it like around 60USD per person. But you can also find cheaper. 

Thanks akhi for the information! 60USD is cheap for a good hotel!

Edited by ElAhmed

2 hours ago, ElAhmed said:

What about hotels? What are the prices?

If you have some spare time you can Google ticket and hotel prices, one time I saw a hotel in Qum offering 7 nights for $111 - it obviously wasn't a nice hotel,  but the price is still good as I wouldn't imagine that you would spend that much time there.

2 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

If you have some spare time you can Google ticket and hotel prices, one time I saw a hotel in Qum offering 7 nights for $111 - it obviously wasn't a nice hotel,  but the price is still good as I wouldn't imagine that you would spend that much time there.

7 nights in Qom is too much, I would like to visit Teheran, Mashad and Qom, and that all in 10 days

I'm going on a trip to Iran soon and I am really excited. I started learning the Persian language a couple of years ago and I think it's time to go and give it a try out. I hope my question is not inappropriate but it is a what-to-do-in-iran question. I have noticed in online language exchanges that the topic of family and children is very popular and often a starting point for a friendly chat. That's fine and I like to hear about peoples lives but I am gay with no wife or family. This is not a subject I'd generally bring up in conversation myself and online it's usually easy enough to deflect the conversation away from myself but I'm worried this might be more difficult in person. How should I deal with these questions in Iran? e.g. You are that age and you are not married?!! Why?! Would you not like a family? Don't you like children? Normally I'd be up front and just say it, it's the simplest solution but maybe it's not safe to do so in Iran?

I prefer to be honest in conversation but I also want to have a nice trip and return home in one piece. Am I worrying too much?!