Jump to content
ElAhmed

What to do in Iran

Recommended Posts

On 12/23/2016 at 2:37 PM, ElAhmed said:

:salam:

What to do Iran?

Beside visiting Imam Reza as and his sister Sayidda Masoumeh.

Pros & Cons 

Daily costs Iran as tourist

List with hotels for Mashad,Teheran and Qom

Mashad, only imam reza is worth seeing.

Tehran, go to south Tehran, see behesht zahra visit shuhada, maybe even visit imam khomeinis grave(unless you are of the other type). Other than that, shah abdol azim is nice, ummm darband is ok if you got the money for it. Some major parks in tehran worth seeing. 

Qum, Jamkaran, hazrat khirz mountain, ulama, hawzahs, etc etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, repenter said:

Mashad, only imam reza is worth seeing.

Tehran, go to south Tehran, see behesht zahra visit shuhada, maybe even visit imam khomeinis grave(unless you are of the other type). Other than that, shah abdol azim is nice, ummm darband is ok if you got the money for it. Some major parks in tehran worth seeing. 

Qum, Jamkaran, hazrat khirz mountain, ulama, hawzahs, etc etc. 

Noo, I would like to visit imam Khomeinis grave :thankyou:

Jamkaran is south of Qom? How could I go from Qom to Jamkaran, and how to go from Teheran to Mashad (budget)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElAhmed said:

Noo, I would like to visit imam Khomeinis grave :thankyou:

Jamkaran is south of Qom? How could I go from Qom to Jamkaran, and how to go from Teheran to Mashad (budget)

Jamkaran is on the outskirts of qum. Just take taxi, shouldnt cost you more than 5-6 dollars.

Tehran to mashad you have two options; train or plane. Train takes longer but is cheaper, plane is obviously faster but a little more expensive. The prices range from 100k-600k depending on season and means of transport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, repenter said:

Mashad, only imam reza is worth seeing.

Tehran, go to south Tehran, see behesht zahra visit shuhada, maybe even visit imam khomeinis grave(unless you are of the other type). Other than that, shah abdol azim is nice, ummm darband is ok if you got the money for it. Some major parks in tehran worth seeing. 

Qum, Jamkaran, hazrat khirz mountain, ulama, hawzahs, etc etc. 

North Tehran is nice too. Be sure to check out the grand bazaar. I personally love tajrish square. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, repenter said:

north Tehran is garbage, except a few places. 

Oh really? Well , one of my best friends live there. In gholhak actually, and it's not all garbage. I wanted to see south Tehran but my friend's dad wouldnt let me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, enigma313 said:

Oh really? Well , one of my best friends live there. In gholhak actually, and it's not all garbage. I wanted to see south Tehran but my friend's dad wouldnt let me. 

Your friend living there isn't going to change my opinion on what garbage is. My entire family from my moms side live there, it's still garbage. Everyone has their opinion and taste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, repenter said:

Your friend living there isn't going to change my opinion on what garbage is. My entire family from my moms side live there, it's still garbage. Everyone has their opinion and taste. 

This is true , everyone does. Tbh , I would like to visit south Tehran, inshAllah I will. Garbage is a strong word that's all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, enigma313 said:

This is true , everyone does. Tbh , I would like to visit south Tehran, inshAllah I will. Garbage is a strong word that's all. 

I wanted to use stronger word, but it's not appropriate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2016 at 9:18 AM, enigma313 said:

This needs to stop now. I understand you dislike north Tehran, and I like it. End of. I just want our visitor to Iran to enjoy all of Iran. 

End of what? I said my opinion, you said yours. No one forced you to comment. I want visitors to enjoy the parts i deem good and avoid the bad parts, what's the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2016 at 9:32 AM, repenter said:

End of what? I said my opinion, you said yours. No one forced you to comment. I want visitors to enjoy the parts i deem good and avoid the bad parts, what's the problem?

There is no problem. I want the same. I just think that you can't write off a whole area without even explaining why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, enigma313 said:

There is no problem. I want the same. I just think that you can't write off a whole area without even explaining why. 

Ofc i can, and ive explained to you before. If someone else wants elaboration, they can ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, repenter said:

Ofc i can, and ive explained to you before. If someone else wants elaboration, they can ask.

Yes you have explained to me before but for the benefit of our visitor, it might be helpful for him to know. That's all. Anyway , let's just be civil  and agree that we both of have different opinions. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, enigma313 said:

Yes you have explained to me before but for the benefit of our visitor, it might be helpful for him to know. That's all. Anyway , let's just be civil  and agree that we both of have different opinions. Thank you. 

yeah, i said that like 5 posts ago......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElAhmed said:

What about hotels? What are the prices?

In tehran i dont know bro, never stayed at a hotel in tehran. But mashad, you can get a lot of good hotels. In Mashad, i know of a good hotel called soroosh. It's very close to the Haram and its cheap while having good standard and good meals. We were like 8 people and paid 400K for 2 large appartment type rooms with kitchen, bathrooms and sleeping rooms + living room. We paid around 500USD for 2 nights, which makes it like around 60USD per person. But you can also find cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, repenter said:

In tehran i dont know bro, never stayed at a hotel in tehran. But mashad, you can get a lot of good hotels. In Mashad, i know of a good hotel called soroosh. It's very close to the Haram and its cheap while having good standard and good meals. We were like 8 people and paid 400K for 2 large appartment type rooms with kitchen, bathrooms and sleeping rooms + living room. We paid around 500USD for 2 nights, which makes it like around 60USD per person. But you can also find cheaper. 

Thanks akhi for the information! 60USD is cheap for a good hotel!

Edited by ElAhmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ElAhmed said:

What about hotels? What are the prices?

If you have some spare time you can Google ticket and hotel prices, one time I saw a hotel in Qum offering 7 nights for $111 - it obviously wasn't a nice hotel,  but the price is still good as I wouldn't imagine that you would spend that much time there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

If you have some spare time you can Google ticket and hotel prices, one time I saw a hotel in Qum offering 7 nights for $111 - it obviously wasn't a nice hotel,  but the price is still good as I wouldn't imagine that you would spend that much time there.

7 nights in Qom is too much, I would like to visit Teheran, Mashad and Qom, and that all in 10 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going on a trip to Iran soon and I am really excited. I started learning the Persian language a couple of years ago and I think it's time to go and give it a try out. I hope my question is not inappropriate but it is a what-to-do-in-iran question. I have noticed in online language exchanges that the topic of family and children is very popular and often a starting point for a friendly chat. That's fine and I like to hear about peoples lives but I am gay with no wife or family. This is not a subject I'd generally bring up in conversation myself and online it's usually easy enough to deflect the conversation away from myself but I'm worried this might be more difficult in person. How should I deal with these questions in Iran? e.g. You are that age and you are not married?!! Why?! Would you not like a family? Don't you like children? Normally I'd be up front and just say it, it's the simplest solution but maybe it's not safe to do so in Iran?

I prefer to be honest in conversation but I also want to have a nice trip and return home in one piece. Am I worrying too much?!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • Which is already ten times what Obama's State Department predicted for estimated spillage amounts over two years.  They say hindsight is always 20/20.
    • There was this Aqeeq ring I used to wear all the time with this horrible purple beaded watch. I lost the (unfortunate) duo some time ago.  I now just wear a simple swarovski necklace, gifted to me from a dear friend of mine, and a watch. 
    • Asalamualaikum, im a Muslim girl born in Australia. I’m 17 and will be turning 18 soon. I have less than over a year left of high school and I will hopefully move to university. The closest university is 7 hours from where I live and I’m really excited about moving away from my family because they’re really strict, and my dad is abusive and really suspicious and panariod. My parents are so strict I’m not allowed to smile in public because that’s considered haram! Now, they’re saying that they will sell everything and move with me because it’s not right for a Muslim girl to move out of her parents house, but they’re fine if my brother moves out because this shows "he’s becoming a man." I really want to gain my independence but they won’t let me. I can’t do anything. I can’t even dye my hair -even though I wear a hijab- until I get married. Literally everything I ask, they say "until you get married." But I don’t want to be trapped under my dad's control, then a husband's control all my life. I want to break free. I’m religious and would NEVER even consider relationships or doing anything wrong. I just want some space away from the constant abuse and to breathe for a little while.  I want to move out after a year without my parents following me. How do I get them to agree? Is there any rulings that could support me in making them agree? Should I just go live in an accommodation with a few other girls and ignore my parents even if they move with me?
    • So the work life's paying off...
    • The fact that you're getting triggered by my comments proves Muslims aren't ready for unity.
×