Ibn al-Hussain

Muhammad: The Messenger Of God (Film 2015)

Rate this topic

@baradar_jackson and others, this one is really real!:

http://shop.upera.co/f/8Hq78kyu

For those who may have issue with the Persian vocabularies there:

2hlf_muhammad_movie.jpg

BTW, I don't know what the language of the movie is and if it has any subtitles.

Edited by kamyar

I didn't like this movie. A lot of the material and content in it...i'm not sure how reliable it is.  If anyone can bring sources it would help, but i genuinely feel a lot of what was in it may or may not be reliable.  I love the Prophet [saw] but i don't want inaccuracy. Would be glad to be corrected if someone can show me otherwise?

15 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I didn't like this movie. A lot of the material and content in it...i'm not sure how reliable it is.  If anyone can bring sources it would help, but i genuinely feel a lot of what was in it may or may not be reliable.  I love the Prophet [saw] but i don't want inaccuracy. Would be glad to be corrected if someone can show me otherwise?

Although I've not watched the movie yet, cause it's 3 hours.... but It's a movie ... and not a documentary.

It looks like major production: huge sets, extensive cast, etc

Doesn't look like it is available on Amazon (US or UK), but I would like to see it. I will have to search around to see if I can find a subtitled copy (just starting to learn Farsi ;) )

10 hours ago, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

Although I've not watched the movie yet, cause it's 3 hours.... but It's a movie ... and not a documentary.

If someone is going to make a movie about the life of the Prophet [saw] you'd hope the references used are strong and that key plot lines have some strong basis in fact. it isn't just a movie about anyone, but something that is supposed to re-tell the childhood of the Prophet [saw]. That has significance. 

We all view Islam as factual, rather than just a feel-good religion with great stories. We should treat any representation or reenactment with the same vigour and skepticism that we use to ascertain what is true and valid from what is false and invalid. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

22 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

If someone is going to make a movie about the life of the Prophet [saw] you'd hope the references used are strong and that key plot lines have some strong basis in fact. it isn't just a movie about anyone, but something that is supposed to re-tell the childhood of the Prophet [saw]. That has significance. 

We all view Islam as factual, rather than just a feel-good religion with great stories. We should treat any representation or reenactment with the same vigour and skepticism that we use to ascertain what is true and valid from what is false and invalid. 

True, but you can't really do that when you have limited references or when they can be very controversial. Which is specially the case for the historical references till the birth of the prophet. Even in the movie, Majid says that he has used Islamic references, but the movie also depicts his own vision of the prophet and of that era. 

On 1/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, Intellectual Resistance said:

In Iran, a religious film will have its script submitted and discussed by religious people (Hujjatul Islam or Ayatullah) to make sure that the script conforms to religious knowledge. The script must be factual or the film will not be approved. The Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance is involved so I would not have any doubt about an Iranian religious film. If a film is made somewhere else, I would be cautious about the content.  

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

In Iran, a religious film will have its script submitted and discussed by religious people (Hujjatul Islam or Ayatullah) to make sure that the script conforms to religious knowledge. The script must be factual or the film will not be approved. The Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance is involved so I would not have any doubt about an Iranian religious film. If a film is made somewhere else, I would be cautious about the content.  

I have heard of this, however some scenes like:

1. Going to a Shamon fire-worshipper, and then making waves come up high and fish to fly out of them as a child - what's the source of that?

2. Hazrat Abu Talib publicly professing his Islam in front of the Quraish leaders, when we know he had to employ Taqqiyah and act as the middle man and keep his conversion secret, even if he spoke in his favour and defended him. This one in particular puzzled me.

3. A Jew who actually tried to purchase him for money when he was born and chased Hazrat Abdul Muttalib for this purpose.

4. That same Jew who became his enemy, and then later reformed. 

I genuinely feel that they've relied on dubious sources, maybe weak ones, and dramatised other things. However i stand to be corrected, i want someone to bring me the references for these things, i want to have some sort of basis for this movie, because i generally loved the cinematography and the story line.  I guess sister, the childhood of the Prophet [saw] is one where myth and legend has entered into it greatly. The next two instalments from the director should cover the parts of the life of the Prophet [saw] where we have far more sources , and many we can maybe rely on with more confidence inshAllah i look forward to those more and i think they are going to be amazing inshAllah.

@Intellectual Resistance It's possible that something symbolic in the film would be normal for a Farsi speaking person but would not be understood by someone from another culture. Please let people find the film in their own language and watch it. It is hard to discuss with you if people have not seen it yet.