Ibn al-Hussain

Muhammad: The Messenger Of God (Film 2015)

Rate this topic

(salam)

11.jpg

I just watched the very anticipated film Muhammad: The Messenger of God today and have to say, this movie should impress most of the staunchest haters as well, at least from one angle or another (albeit from the mere perspective of being a good movie with beautiful cinematography, visuals and sound tracks as well as character building). The cinematography was done by Vittorio Storaro and the background sound was composed by A. R. Rahman.

This is the official website: http://mohammadmovie.com/

Apparently it has already been subtitled in English and French as it was shown in the international film festival in Montreal on August 27th. 

This was the first film of a trilogy, and covers the Prophet's birth till 12 years of his age (almost 3 hours long). In terms of historical accuracy (as far as depicting different events was concerned), it wasn't too far off, although one of the last scenes was really elaborate and I have not really read or heard about it before (don't want to write any spoilers here). 

The one group I can see having issues with the film are those who can't see anything good coming out of Iran - like the Wahabis and a small population of Sunnis who are pseudo-Wahabi wannabes.

Wassalm

^ That is precisely why the Iranian movies take so long to get to the big screen. Several people have to watch the complete film and approve all the dialogue. The Farsi film might be shown in Iranian theaters on time, but the version with English subtitles seems to always take forever. We are waiting. :)

On 8/30/2015 at 11:11 AM, hameedeh said:

^ That is precisely why the Iranian movies take so long to get to the big screen. Several people have to watch the complete film and approve all the dialogue. The Farsi film might be shown in Iranian theaters on time, but the version with English subtitles seems to always take forever. We are waiting. :)

But this one hit the big screen 7-8 months ago (in Iran).

There are a few select theaters in the US which screened it. (One of them was in LA, although I think they're not showing it anymore). We're all waiting for some type of digital release. Majidi should do some kind of donation-based streaming option, where it's free to watch but you can donate if you want to support the movie.

24 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

But this one hit the big screen 7-8 months ago (in Iran).

There are a few select theaters in the US which screened it. (One of them was in LA, although I think they're not showing it anymore). We're all waiting for some type of digital release. Majidi should do some kind of donation-based streaming option, where it's free to watch but you can donate if you want to support the movie.

But it's surprised me that no one's copied/taped it and posted on the Internet yet (8 months!). Not even some sort of grainy, black-and-white version riddled with Trojans.

There is an abundance of excruciatingly tantalizing full-length trailers on YouTube, though.

27 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

We're all waiting for some type of digital release. Majidi should do some kind of donation-based streaming option, where it's free to watch but you can donate if you want to support the movie.

^ Excellent idea! 

On 8/18/2016 at 7:37 PM, Narro said:

A year later, Im still looking for this film, online or in theaters.

Anyone have any leads, or a website to purchase a digital copy. English subs required.

The films site seems to be gone.

It truly is remarkable. So many Iranian movies are easily available online and not this one hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dear @repenter, @kamyar and anyone else living in the Eye ran:

I have a request. I am not sure if they are selling the DVD, blu ray, VCD or whatever other copy of this film over there. If they are, I kindly request that you purchase the best quality version available and then upload the video to dailymotion or some other video upload website. I will pay you for both the movie and a little extra for the trouble. If you do not feel like uploading it, you can send it to me by post and I will pay you for the movie, shipping, and the trouble. Please do this. We are starving over here.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:23 PM, baradar_jackson said:

I have a request. I am not sure if they are selling the DVD, blu ray, VCD or whatever other copy of this film over there. If they are, I kindly request that you purchase the best quality version available and then upload the video to dailymotion or some other video upload website. I will pay you for both the movie and a little extra for the trouble. If you do not feel like uploading it, you can send it to me by post and I will pay you for the movie, shipping, and the trouble. Please do this. We are starving over here.

MashaAllah!

@Haimi check this out as well brother.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:23 PM, baradar_jackson said:

I don't think it's available at the video kloop's, but I will check, Insha'Allah.

On 9/1/2016 at 7:36 PM, kamyar said:

I don't think it's available at the video kloop's, but I will check, Insha'Allah.

یک دنیا ممنون بعدا خبرشو لطفا بدین

یا حق

در ضمن نمیدونم چطور میشه که تمام فیلم های

eggy fiction ;)

ایرونی بلافاصله میاد توی سایت های اینترنتی فقط اینیکی نیومده