Fatimahlover

A shia revert in a sunni family and community

Rate this topic

Assalamualikum

I'm a newly shia convert in a close minded sunni family, I knew about shia islam from a friend of mine and i kept searching about shia islam and i was suprised by how convincing it was, that i decided to dig deeper in it til i truely believe it was the right path. I talked to my parents about shia and they became really abusive to me, i tried practising taqyah but it didnt work with them cause i cant lie around them. Now they are putting me in a tough situation, their obedience and leaving the sect or they would unborn me, be angry and telling me how God would curse me and i wont succeed in my life by me disobeying them. I tried convincing them about shia islam but they believe its kufr. I really dont know what to do.. would Allah be angry at me because of their anger and not obeying them? I dont want them to be angry at me and at the same time i'm not leaving shia islam and they wont accept me being a shia. They prayed to God against me. Another point, at all my research i came to a point that i cant marry a sunni due to the difference in the sect and different point of view, my parents wont approve of my marrige to a shia man and they wont attend it. Should i stay single forever? Is there any fatwa for my case?

Please help me... i'm so desperate

الشيخ المفيد في أماليه: عن أحمد بن محمد بن الحسن بن الوليد، عن أبيه، عن محمد بن الحسن الصفار، عن العباس بن معروف، عن علي بن مهزيار، عن بكر بن صالح قال: كتب صهر لي إلى أبي جعفر الثاني (عليه السلام): إن أبي ناصب خبيث الرأي، وقد لقيت منه شدة وجهدا، فرأيك - جعلت فداك - في الدعاء لي، وما ترى - جعلت فداك - افترى أن أكاشفه أم أداريه؟ فكتب (عليه السلام): " قد فهمت كتابك وما ذكرت من أمر أبيك، ولست أدع الدعاء لك إن شاء الله، والمداراة خير لك من المكاشفة، ومع العسر يسر، فاصبر إن العاقبة للمتقين، ثبتك الله على ولاية من توليت، نحن وأنتم في وديعة الله الذي (1) لا تضيع ودائعه " قال بكر: فعطف الله بقلب أبيه: حتى صار لا يخالفه في شئ.

A man wrote to Imam Muhammad al-Jawad [a], saying, "My father is a hater of Ahl al-Bayt, and his opinions are vicious. I have received harsh intensity from him. May I be your sacrifice - I ask you to pray for me. May I be your sacrifice - should I expose him or be gentle with him?"

So Imam al-Jawad replied, "I have understood what you have written and what you have mentioned regarding your father. I will not stop praying for you, God-willingly. Kindness is better for you than exposition. With hardship there is ease. Be patient, for the best outcome is for the God-conscious. May Allah make you steadfast upon the wilaya of those you have devoted yourself to. Us and you are in the trust of Allah, which is never lost."

So Allah entered kindness into the heart of the man's father, until he would never differ with him in anything.

19 minutes ago, Fatimahlover said:

Assalamualikum

I'm a newly shia convert in a close minded sunni family, I knew about shia islam from a friend of mine and i kept searching about shia islam and i was suprised by how convincing it was, that i decided to dig deeper in it til i truely believe it was the right path. I talked to my parents about shia and they became really abusive to me, i tried practising taqyah but it didnt work with them cause i cant lie around them. Now they are putting me in a tough situation, their obedience and leaving the sect or they would unborn me, be angry and telling me how God would curse me and i wont succeed in my life by me disobeying them. I tried convincing them about shia islam but they believe its kufr. I really dont know what to do.. would Allah be angry at me because of their anger and not obeying them? I dont want them to be angry at me and at the same time i'm not leaving shia islam and they wont accept me being a shia. They prayed to God against me. Another point, at all my research i came to a point that i cant marry a sunni due to the difference in the sect and different point of view, my parents wont approve of my marrige to a shia man and they wont attend it. Should i stay single forever? Is there any fatwa for my case?

bismillah.gif

ws2.png

Dear sister Allah will never give you more burden that you cant handle it. You can only obey your parents when you don't disobey Allah swt.  Never disobey Allah swt to make anyone happy, including your own parents. Put your trust in Allah and Allah swt will never abandon you, he will always protect you, this is his promise.

Chapter (2) sūrat l-baqarah (The Cow)

2_257.png

Sahih International: Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.

Pickthall: Allah is the Protecting Guardian of those who believe. He bringeth them out of darkness into light. As for those who disbelieve, their patrons are false deities. They bring them out of light into darkness. Such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein.

Yusuf Ali: Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).

Shakir: Allah is the guardian of those who believe. He brings them out of the darkness into the light; and (as to) those who disbelieve, their guardians are Shaitans who take them out of the light into the darkness; they are the inmates of the fire, in it they shall abide.

Muhammad Sarwar: God is the Guardian of the believers and it is He who takes them out of darkness into light. The Devil is the guardian of those who deny the Truth and he leads them from light to darkness. These are the dwellers of hell wherein they will live forever.

Mohsin Khan: Allah is the Wali (Protector or Guardian) of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into light. But as for those who disbelieve, their Auliya (supporters and helpers) are Taghut [false deities and false leaders, etc.], they bring them out from light into darkness. Those are the dwellers of the Fire, and they will abide therein forever.

Arberry: God is the Protector of the believers; He brings them forth from the shadows into the light. And the unbelievers -- their protectors are idols, that bring them forth from the light into the shadows; those are the inhabitants of the Fire, therein dwelling forever.

May Allah swt, the Supreme, the Most High protect you and keep you from harms way Inshallah. Ameen.

Wasalam.

Allah will not be angry at you for choosing Ahl Bait عليهم السلام over your parents.
Lighten their burden by serving them as much as you can.
God is just and doesn't answer unjust curses.
No need to stay single forever, perhaps you will find a sunni who is also in the same situation as you, he can do taqiyya and you can get married. All the best Insha Allah.

Person of lower faith has no wilaya (AUTHORITY) over the person of higher faith. With the acceptance of the wilayah of Allah, Prophet, and Ahlulbait AS, your faith is superior to the faith of your parents. 

Be kind to them because all of their curses would turn into more blessing for you, all of their anger and your patience would make your levels increase in front of Allah swt. No they can't have to forcefully married ot anyone, you can always marry a Shia and you won't need your father's permission for it. Verify this part with your marja though (http://www.sistani.org/).

If you indeed need quick solution to your situation then do this: after Fajr salat, go under the sky (or close to a big window where you could see the sky), and read two raka salat with the intention of making Imam Mahdi AS your wasila for your dua to Allah swt. 

In 1st raka, all you need to read is Sura Hamd and Sura Nasr. In Sura Hamd, repat Iyyak-a-Naa-badu-wa-iiyaka-nastaeen, 100 times and then continue completing the Sura Hamd

In 2nd raka, all you need to read is Sura Hamd and Sura Ikhlas. In Sura Hamd, repat Iyyak-a-Naa-badu-wa-iiyaka-nastaeen, 100 times and then continue completing the Sura Hamd

In qunoot in second raka, talk to Allah swt to help your situation through the shafaa of Imam Mahdi AS.

When you finish your salat, read the tasbih of Zahra (34x Allah o Akbar, 33x Alhamdolillah, 33x SubhanAllah), give it as a hadya (gift) to Imam Mahdi and again ask for your duas.

See wonders happening in your situation from the day after. 

May Allah swt brings you ease.

1 hour ago, Fatimahlover said:

Assalamualikum

:ws:

Take a look at some of these revert stories, some of them i believe have very similar stories to you:

http://ahlulbayt.tv/ondemand/show/reborn/

1 hour ago, Fatimahlover said:

Assalamualikum

Sister just be patient and show them the real face of Shia Islam by practicing the teaching of Ahlulbayt (a.s). I have heard from my father that those who convert to Shia Islam are like Hurr (a.s) to Imam Hussain (a.s). My father was the first shia person in his family and then my mother, then her sisters and brother. InshaAllah Allah will help you. God Bless you

On 11/21/2016 at 6:16 PM, Fatimahlover said:

Neither.. i'm an arab 

Introduce two books in your Home

• Sahifa Sajjadiya
  • Nahjul Balagha

and don't hide these book just put them in your room , study yourself as well as let your family study it. I am sure knowledge in these books can change brainsets and dilute hard heart into soft one.

Rest i can only pray for you , May Allah easy your life and make you icon of Hidayat for your family.

Edited by alirex

4 hours ago, Fatimahlover said:

Well, i did introduce Nahjul balagha and they believe its not Ali who said whats in it and the sunni sheikhs they asked said its all lies. So they refuse to read it

Sahifa-e-Sajjadiya need to be introduced first before Nahjul Balagha. The problem is there heart are not yet soft.

You should show them the flaws in their believes. You should show the hadiths to change their minds. Show them ahadith of how Omar burned down the house of fatima (sa) or the hadith were Omar openly insults the prophet (pbuh) in his death-bed by calling him delirious.

And show them this verse (35:43):

استِكبارًا فِي الأَرضِ وَمَكرَ السَّيِّئِ ۚ وَلا يَحيقُ المَكرُ السَّيِّئُ إِلّا بِأَهلِهِ ۚ فَهَل يَنظُرونَ إِلّا سُنَّتَ الأَوَّلينَ ۚ فَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّتِ اللَّهِ تَبديلًا ۖ وَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّتِ اللَّهِ تَحويلًا

The sunna of Allah (swt) since will never change. All the prophets before Mohammad (pbuh) have put in charge people from among there families to guide people. 

By disobeying the sunna of Allah (swt), didnt the 'Sunnis' go astray? Arent they following the same steps of the "People of the book"? Didnt the jews and christians go astray for talking from among themselves? Didnt the companions of these two prophets innovate stuff into the religion aftet their deaths? 

Talk to your parents, talk with your mother firstly. Because mothers are usually more soft hearted and comprehensible then the fathers. 

Show them this: 

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, “Some of my companions will come to me at my Lake Fount, and after I recognise them, they will then be taken away from me, whereupon I will say, ‘My companions!’ Then it will be said, ‘You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8 Hadith 584 (also Sahih Muslim, part 15, pp 53-54)

Ref: http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/who-killed-uthman/identifying-uthmans-killers.html

If you want go search the story of Ammar ibn Yasir, his family members didnt were opposed to his faith. But at the end his mother and father both became muslims (they were both formerly jewish). 

Later on, show your parents who Aisha truly was and what she has done from the sahih books. And show the unjust way in which Abu bakr took the rightful position of Ali (as) as being the direct successor after the prophet's death. 

The best think that you can do now is buy sahih bukhari and muslim. Tell your parents that you need them to know more about their faith, and they will probably buy them for you.

~Remember Allah (swt) rewards the patient ones!  

On 11/24/2016 at 8:09 PM, Fatimahlover said:

Well, i did introduce Nahjul balagha and they believe its not Ali who said whats in it and the sunni sheikhs they asked said its all lies. So they refuse to read it

You can use the below link to ask your doughts with the maulanas from your mobile it will make your life easy inshallah

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.askthosewhoknow&hl=en

and below one is the sistani.org if your are following taqleed of Ayatullah sistani shaab

http://www.sistani.org/

Both these things can be your live saver you can ask more things if you needed anytime inshallah since we both are in the same situation. 

On 20/03/2017 at 7:57 AM, Azam72 said:

You can use the below link to ask your doughts with the maulanas from your mobile it will make your life easy inshallah

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.askthosewhoknow&hl=en

and below one is the sistani.org if your are following taqleed of Ayatullah sistani shaab

http://www.sistani.org/

Both these things can be your live saver you can ask more things if you needed anytime inshallah since we both are in the same situation. 

Thank you alot! Jazak Allahu Khairan

Salaam, 

I've been born and raised in a Sunni family all my life till I come across a shia. As soon as I started to listen about being a shia I started to fall in love with it. I'm now at a stage where I want to be shia but family will be upset with me which unfortunately comes down to ignorance. I love my parents dearly but I don't want to upset Allah swt. Any one advise me please. 

May Allah swt bless whoever has read this  with lots ease and Sabr and grant them His endless Barakah in this Dunya and the next and keep you all on the Haqq. Ameen ya Rab. 

16 hours ago, Rozi said:

Salaam, 

I've been born and raised in a Sunni family all my life till I come across a shia. As soon as I started to listen about being a shia I started to fall in love with it. I'm now at a stage where I want to be shia but family will be upset with me which unfortunately comes down to ignorance. I love my parents dearly but I don't want to upset Allah swt. Any one advise me please. 

May Allah swt bless whoever has read this  with lots ease and Sabr and grant them His endless Barakah in this Dunya and the next and keep you all on the Haqq. Ameen ya Rab. 

Alaykum assalaam,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts brother/sister. Since you mentioned that you want to "be Shia", you must immediately consider the twelve Imams (a.s) to be the rightful successor of the holy Prophet (s) and pledge allegiance to them, for your heart has now turned towards Ahl al-Bayt (a.s).

You can read a lot on this website and perhaps also take a look at www.al-islam.org and go through the books that are uploaded there. If you have any questions, you can raise them on this forum and you will in'shaAllah receive responses to your questions.

I can understand the predicament you must be in, but remember that the struggles of this life are only short-lived. You will certainly face a lot of hardships because Allah tries his servants through those troubles in order to elevate him to a better status. Be caring and understanding to your parents and answer them in the most appropriate way. Perhaps they will notice the (positive) change in your manners and be attracted to the madhhab themselves. Keep in mind that it is only Allah who guides people to his way and it is only He who illuminates the heart. 

Try to learn about the Shi'a madhhab as much as you can and be prepared for any possible questions they may have for you. In'shaAllah with the support of the brothers and sisters from this forum, you will alleviate their doubts and respond to their queries correctly.

Don't lose hope, don't despair, hang in there because at the end of the journey, there is ease.

Take care and may the month of Rajab bring Allah's blessing upon you and your family.