syed_shia

Al Kafi - PaperBack. Thoughts?

Rate this topic

Salaam All.

I am considering purchasing the Al Kafi books on here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Al-Kafi-1-8-English-Translation/dp/0991430867/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Has anyone purchased this, as would like to know the quality of the product please. is it worthwhile waiting for the hardcover format to come out, or is this ok?

My main concern as i dont want the book cover to be all bend after reading, especially if some books have 500 pages. If its bounded properly im sure its not a problem, but just wanted to check this with others who have this

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, syed_shia said:

Salaam All.

I am considering purchasing the Al Kafi books on here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Al-Kafi-1-8-English-Translation/dp/0991430867/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Has anyone purchased this, as would like to know the quality of the product please. is it worthwhile waiting for the hardcover format to come out, or is this ok?

My main concern as i dont want the book cover to be all bend after reading, especially if some books have 500 pages. If its bounded properly im sure its not a problem, but just wanted to check this with others who have this

Thanks.

Salaam alaikum!

I have copies of the first 3 volumes.  They are excellent and well constructed.  My only complaint is that I wish that the publisher had included a reference list as to which Imam they were referring - this may be no problem for someone raised as a Shi'a, but if I know Imam Ja'far al Sadiq (AS) as such, referring to him as anything other than that is massively confusing.  Only complaint.  Otherwise, these were reasonably priced and a good buy.  I will be completing the set in the near future in shaa Allah.

Thanks brother for the reply.

Ah yes i can understand it must get confusing. I just ordered Kamiul Ziyarat and was impressed that the author added notes to say which imam it was. At the time i was rather impressed. Shame its not in Al Kafi, however that wont stop me from buying it.

Does the book bend by any chance after a read. I read that from someones review on it, but not sure if its that bad as he says it is.

I have got sahih muslim, and sahih bukhari in hard cover so got no idea how it will be like in paperback.

Thats my main concern really.

16 minutes ago, syed_shia said:

Ah yes i can understand it must get confusing. I just ordered Kamiul Ziyarat and was impressed that the author added notes to say which imam it was. At the time i was rather impressed. Shame its not in Al Kafi, however that wont stop me from buying it.

Does the book bend by any chance after a read. I read that from someones review on it, but not sure if its that bad as he says it is.

I have got sahih muslim, and sahih bukhari in hard cover so got no idea how it will be like in paperback.

Thats my main concern really.

You're welcome :)

I didn't notice much of one, but I tend to be particular about my books, so I handle them with care.  The cover is no better or worse than any paper cover on like an academic textbook.  I make journals and restore old books, so for me, if the paper cover gets trashed, I'll just make a hard-cover for it.

They don't seem flimsy at all though.

10 hours ago, syed_shia said:

Brother, if you are looking for volumes of al-Kafi with English commentary included, the following, authored by Shaykh Rizwan Arastu, may be a good option:

https://www.amazon.com/Al-Kafi-Book-I-Intellect-Foolishness/dp/1939420008

I have read part of this series, and I can say that it very professionally made, and the commentary is also of a high level. Unfortunately, only the first two volumes have been published in this form, and they are both paperback. I was able to order the first volume through my public library (from a university); so you may want to try that.

http://www.taqwamedia.com/shop/index.php/al-kafi-series.html

10 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Brother, if you are looking for volumes of al-Kafi with English commentary included, the following, authored by Shaykh Rizwan Arastu, may be a good option:

https://www.amazon.com/Al-Kafi-Book-I-Intellect-Foolishness/dp/1939420008

I have read part of this series, and I can say that it very professionally made, and the commentary is also of a high level. Unfortunately, only the first two volumes have been published in this form, and they are both paperback. I was able to order the first volume through my public library (from a university); so you may want to try that.

http://www.taqwamedia.com/shop/index.php/al-kafi-series.html

Thanks Brother.

I have got the first book of Al Kafi by Shaykj Arastu. This would take along time to complete my set if I was to wait for this to finish which is a shame, as its been over a year with no 3rd book.

I personally think if Shaykh Arastu authenticates each hadith from sources and with explanation on this too, i would have no problem ordering the books again.

But as i have been waiting for Al Kafi full set for such a long time, I cant wait any longer, lol.

Thanks for the suggestion.