Hi, 

I have recently moved here to Greensboro, NC. I was wondering if there are any fellow shias that live in Greensboro, perhaps there is a Facebook group, if not a mosque. I know that there is a mosque in Charlotte and Durham amongst other ones. In the more busy months such as Ramadan and Muharram/Safar it can get lonely and upsetting if there is nobody to sit with and commemorate the musibah of the Ahlulbayt a.s. 

Thanks,

Edited by HH1234

I have friends from there but I am not sure where the masjid it. I believe they have a large Somali and Sudanese  muslim community there but they are sunni. Your best bet is probably Durham sorry. Not that many shias in NC as compared to other places, but the sunnis in Greensboro are super nice from the ones I have met.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• @hasanhh and anyone else who would enjoy a light comedy war film. This one has its moments. Its also thought provoking and asks a big question about the purpose (or the absence of it) behind the US occupation of Afghanistan.
    • KSA wants to try and make a dent before their abominable presence leaves the stage of history forever. However it is ridiculous to think Saudis will be fighting a war with anyone alone while they can't even bomb Yemeni babies on their own. Same goes for Israheil. So naturally they will bring their uncle Frankenstein Sam to help them out with the heavy lifting as usual. However due to important strategic reasons they will be go for Lebanon and Syrian territory first. This is why Netanyuhu and King Salamander have been grovelling at Putin's feet through 2017. If I was Putin I would pull a Danzig with them and take their monies then back stab them after having filled my defending allies with weapons. China will not be joining in. They are worse than Jews in seeking wealth. Of course the US senate will soon give the go ahead for their troops and fleet to deploy (since someone in the thread was innocently asking why one of their fleets stays in the region, this is it). This is also why they had Iran under sanctions since so many years, to weaken their preparations. This is also why they have created hell in Balochistan and other borders surrounding Iran. They think that will prove to be enough deterrence for paramilitary forces attempting to reinforce IRGC. Manpower. That stupid video someone linked before was right about one thing and that is the very significant advantage in manpower Iran has. Available manpower is directly proportional to motivation of the people. That is why Israhellis and Saudis and Yanks are bound to lose if the Shia manpower is mobilized who a lot of them will proceed to fight till the death while the axis of bankers has little motivation which will die out when the body bags start coming in. Israhellis used to literally die of fear when Saddam fired a few scuds into their cesspool. Saudis are too decadent and incompetent. Yanks are waking up to the truth and are also oppressed now and its not a false flag attacked year 2001 anymore. Those of them who will fight will have to fight each other being transsexual, pro-Trump, anti-feminist, white supremacist, pedophiles and all the throngs of tedious little issues plaguing them now. So with such a difference in Morale and perhaps a little bit Russian support as well, God willing above all else, things will change forever. At worst there will be a regime change in Iran which will not change anything because the biggest push of all pushes comes later under Mahdi (as) and Jesus (as) who are promised the manpower, hardware and the ultimate victory to bring the world about and set if free.
    • I know some eastern women put up with their husbands, even after being beaten and abused, as they are very dependant on them. I mean, some women go to the extent of obeying their husband soo much and this is just pure injustice! As for your question about a guy being rejected because he was Eastern - I feel it is a very personal choice as long as she doesn't think Eastern men are inferior to Western men. The choice could be associated with a lot of factors, like personality clash etc I personally would find it easier to get along with Western Muslim girls, because their way of thinking, interacting etc would be similar to mine. However, I'm okay with marrying an Eastern Muslim girl if I get along with her.    
    • You could have fed an entire family for a year with that money, instead of buying things that eventually go out of style and fall apart/get lost after a few years.
    • 10- I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, ‘O Ali! I have not been given anything in the Hereafter unless I asked for the like of it for you.’ 11- I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, ‘O Ali! You are my brother and I am your brother. Your hand is in my hand until you enter Paradise.’ 12- I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, ‘O Ali! Your similitude in my nation is like that of Noah’s Ark which whoever boarded was rescued, and anyone who did not was drowned.’ 13- God’s Prophet (MGB) fastened his blessed turban with his own blessed hands on my head. He also prayed for my victory over God’s enemies and thus I was able to defeat them with God’s Permission. 14- Once God’s Prophet (MGB) told me to touch the dried nipples of a calf so that it may give some milk. I told him (MGB), ‘O Prophet of God! It would be better if you do it.’ The Prophet (MGB) said, ‘O Ali! What you do is just like what I do.’ Then I touched its nipple and it gave some milk. I gave some milk to God’s Prophet (MGB). Then an old woman came and lamented from thirst. I gave her some milk to drink. God’s Prophet (MGB) said, ‘I asked the Blessed the Sublime God to bless your hand and he accepted my supplication.’ 15- God’s Prophet (MGB) made me his Trustee and told me, ‘O Ali! No one but you can perform the ablutions for the burial for me. No one but you can see my genitals. Should anyone else see them, their eyes will come out of their eye-sockets.’ I asked, ‘O Prophet of God! How can I turn you around by myself?’ The Prophet (MGB) replied, ‘You will be assisted by the invisible.’ I swear by God that whenever I wished to turn one part around (during the ablutions for the deceased), it turned around by itself. 16- When I wanted to undress the Prophet’s corpse to perform the ritual ablutions (wuzu) for the deceased for the Prophet (MGB), there came a voice which announced, ‘O Muhammad’s Trustee! Do not undress him. Perform the ritual ablutions (wuzu) with his clothes on.’ Thus, I performed the ritual ablutions (wuzu) for him from over his clothing. I swear to God who honored him with Prophethood that I did not see his private parts. Thus, God made me especial in this regard amongst the Prophet’s companions. 17- Even though Abu Bakr and Umar had asked for Fatimah (MGB) to be married to them, the Honorable the Exalted God married her to me from above the seventh heaven. God’s Prophet (MGB) said, ‘O Ali! May this blessing be pleasant for you. The Honorable the Exalted God has married Fatimah (MGB) who is the Master of Women in Paradise and of my own flesh and blood to you.’ Then I asked, ‘O Prophet of God! Am I not of your flesh and blood, too?’ The Prophet (MGB) replied, ‘O Ali! Yes you are from me and I am from you just like the right hand and the left hand. I am not independent of you in this world and the Hereafter.’ (To be continued.........)