LeftCoastMom

Water is Life: Standing Rock

4 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

@LeftCoastMom My heart is breaking and I have tears in my eyes when I see these two recent videos. I love unity. When people become united they can achieve great things. My prayers are with the Native people and all others who stand with those at Standing Rock, and those who can't be there but send their prayers and best wishes. 

its easy to forget we are all humans, before we are labels. our enemies are the same, not each other.

thank you, @LeftCoastMom and @Christianlady for letting us know about this struggle. prayers from UK

6 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@hameedeh  @Gaius I. Caesar @DigitalUmmah @Christianlady @hasanhh @Bakir @notme @Laayla  I thought you might enjoy seeing our canoe tribes come into Standing Rock. The canoes were trailered , mostly from up and down the Pacific coast,but put into the river for the formal arrival. This is all about the water anyway! 

I was hoping to see a War Party ...

in amphibious assault.     :dwarf:

Trivial Note: what l never like about canoes and kayaks is they usually lack motors.

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I was hoping to see a War Party ...

in amphibious assault.     :dwarf:

Trivial Note: what l never like about canoes and kayaks is they usually lack motors.

Well, some of those technically could be "war canoes" but "amphibious assaults" are more problematic on the Plains. And you can   see some of the young fellas strap an engine on  a regular store-bought canoe and race on occasion just for fun. lol. It's something.

15 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, some of those technically could be "war canoes" but "amphibious assaults" are more problematic on the Plains. And you can   see some of the young fellas strap an engine on  a regular store-bought canoe and race on occasion just for fun. lol. It's something.

I should wrote "riverine operations" to conform to army doctrine, but l have been reading some navy stuff and went 'jar head'.  :dwarf:

@Gaius I. Caesar @Laayla @hameedeh @DigitalUmmah @hasanhh @notme@Christianlady @Bakir I'm pretty tired from being up a lot of the night. I have a report from my kids I'll give later. I also forgot to wish you folks a happy Eid. Hope you had a good and blessed time.

( SG took off with his brother who was in the area  for a couple of days. Didn't want to go, but we said he deserved to get away from the craziness around here for a bit.)

I'm off to catch some sleep ...but I will leave Lee Camp with you just for fun.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@hameedeh@DigitalUmmah@Gaius I. Caesar@Laayla@reisiger@Christianlady@Ibn Sina@notme

First of all ,my children are safe AFAIK.

But yesterday ETP tried to build on the private part of the project and were met with Protectors who halted construction and locked themselves down to equipment.  Dozens of Militarized police went in and arrested 20+Protectors and  support persons, including medics and journalists ( if the journalists who were live streaming before FACEBOOK ( aka FEDBOOK) started blocking their live feed were the same ones....I don't know why they were arrested  because they were standing on public land as far as I could see from where they were filming.) Then there was some nonsense at the jail. Not sure how it was resolved, but their hearing is today.

The ACLU has said the way these things are being handled is a civil rights problem.

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2016/09/twenty-three-water-protectors-being.html

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@notme

SG put this up in honor of my daughter because of her standing up for native rights even by herself sometimes.. I thought it was sweet he found a meme with the correct species of " lion".

image.jpeg

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@LeftCoastMom  Wednesday the 14th I was listening to NPR which was having a discussion of the Pipeline Protest. One point made by a commentator was that this is as controversial and emotional as if the pipeline was going through Arlington National Cemetery.

Wow....this has been quite a week ...thanks for all the love, folks! Sorry I have not been here as this " battle rages"...in court and out. My computer is about to die from overwork. Gee. Saw my kids in this...good to see them.

At least PBS has paid attention.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Well, looks like the Palestinians are coming, too. They are saying that the private security company that turned the dogs on the Protectors is the same one involved with nefarious stuff in Palestine?

wow.

Here is one of the Palestinian statements of support:

Palestinians understand all too well how settler-colonial authorities use resource extraction and other economic and bureaucratic pretences as a way to solidify control over indigenous land and dispossess indigenous people. When we look at Standing Rock, we see our indigenous sisters and brothers defending their land, their identity, their dignity and their heritage.

@Gaius I. Caesar @DigitalUmmah@notme @reisiger @hameedeh@IbnSina @Laayla @silasun @magma@hasanhh

Updates:

Well, seems  the judge has made mandatory a stop-work on ETP' s ( the pipeline company's) construction for twenty miles on either side of the river for now. Not sure what ETP will do next.

The US Army has given a permit...this time it's a good thing ... to the part of the camp that has overflowed off the Rez and onto public land...to allow them to stay and protest.

Solidarity actions continue all over the country.

Cities have written Resolutions in support of Standing Rock.

People in the camps are digging in for the winter.

Tribes and other groups are trucking in supplies.

Standing Rock representatives are invited to speak at the UN

And Neil Young has written a song in honor of the struggle.

My kids may come home for a while because college  is starting. 

We'll see.

image.jpeg

Edited by LeftCoastMom
Added stuff....

@LeftCoastMom Everyday, perhaps I am becoming a more and more radical social justice warrior. People like you make me more inspired!

People are going to start calling me a commie- I definately am not a communist. I see justice for all humankind to be one of the most important obligations every Muslim has to fulfill. It is one of the essentials for anybody who declares themself to follow Prophet Muhammad.

Keep at it, aunt (or as we say in Iraq, Khalah خالة) LCM! Prayers from England!

Edited by silasun

3 hours ago, silasun said:

@LeftCoastMom Everyday, perhaps I am becoming a more and more radical social justice warrior. People like you make me more inspired!

People are going to start calling me a commie- I definately am not a communist. I see justice for all humankind to be one of the most important obligations every Muslim has to fulfill. It is one of the essentials for anybody who declares themself to follow Prophet Muhammad.

Keep at it, aunt (or as we say in Iraq, Khalah خالة) LCM! Prayers from England!

Awwww...thanks!:blush: blush.

But I am definitely taking more of an advisory and support  role now and my kids are out on the frontlines more and more ahead of me. ( I don't walk as fast as I used to!) So I hope my grandkids are like them...and you.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Thoughts: As attention is focused upon the reservation , lawsuits, spray-paint " attacks" on equipment, and native people locking themselves to machinery in order to prevent further desecration....in Iowa the farm folks and allies along the contested pipeline route apparently do not mess around.

image.jpeg

I have the weekend off to rest. Other relatives will fill in for me. The reason is I am fatigued and have lost my voice over too many gatherings, meetings, etc. where I had to give reports or other sorts of presentations on Standing Rock.

This is probably a blessing.

There are some dominant culture type cranks I probably would have fussed at at this point.

So now I can sip herbal tea and watch movies.

Any suggestions?

SG makes good tea.

Helped my throat feel better and I just got to sleep.

Told everyone to tell everyone else on the planet that I had been abducted by aliens or something.

Then the mayor called.

Saturday flipping night.

Native issues again.

I asked my husband...I have to take this, huh?

"Yes , honey, you probably should."

No rest for the wicked, I guess.

DD had this clip playing for me  just for fun :

@LeftCoastMom  As Slim Pickens yelled, "Yee Haw"

:shock: Native Americans : a la that General, Are they trying "to protect our precious bodily fluids" ?  

:D:D I just couldn't resist. Distilled Water and Gin, correct?

Edited by hasanhh
goofiness