LeftCoastMom

Water is Life: Standing Rock

On 8/27/2016 at 0:12 PM, notme said:

^It's horrific that the government would cut off water.  

In Mid-Evil times, the gov't cut off heads. Now they blow them off   --when they can get away with it.

On 8/27/2016 at 0:46 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

^ I'm hoping it will get through the road blocks.   

I myself cannot get over the " pipe bombs". 

image.jpeg

Use helicopters, catapults, ..

You can't have repression without contrived hysteria.

On 2016-09-02 at 1:08 AM, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, it's official. More relatives leaving to SR.

I'm debating about whether I go, too. 

My daughter -in-law might go...her family is already there.

Thanks for the prayers.

Whats SR?? 

Ah wait shia relatives?? 

@Gaius I. Caesar @hameedeh @DigitalUmmah @IbnSina

@reisiger @Laayla

@notme

My understanding is that the pipeline construction was supposed to stop while the court case was waiting an answer from the judge. No answer yet. Now we got word this happened before it was on the tube. A couple of news outlets got some footage...DN got the most so far that I could see.  Construction was halted again. Please continue to pray  for my loved ones out there and on their way. 

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@Gaius I. Caesar @Laayla @notme@Bakir @hameedeh @DigitalUmmah@reisiger Etc...I know I forgot people...sorry...tired.

Well,I am up late getting supplies ready. I told a couple of you I would try to pop in occasionally to let you know what is happening.

Tomorrow there has been an emergency order to return to court.

This is because the Lakota filed with the court listing the positions of burials, sacred sites, etc. within the building corridor. 

ONE DAY after ,.the pipeline company comes in with flipping BULLDOZERS and starts to destroy the sites! THAT was what started the actions of the water defenders which lead to the confrontation with private security and their dogs and spray that reportedly got a pregnant woman,among others,  bitten ...and a child sent to the hospital.  I think everyone will be okay, but it's by the grace of God.

These pipeline people have no shame. There was a flipping helicopter over all of it..in .my opinion was that it was there to relay the bigwigs orders. They knew it would cause confrontation....it's like they are trying to goad the Protectors.

Then they get on the box and lie about what happened and still try to paint the Camps as " violent". Give me a break. Please keep those prayers coming!

This is one of the tribal historians.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

^ Nope.

@hasanhh on another note...lol... Along with wonderful support,there is the other side that always shows up like bad weather....wish I could share with you some of the " communications"  the groups  have gotten (as an educational exercise)...but it would break just about every ShiaChat rule. 

:ko:

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@Gaius I. Caesar @Bakir @notme @hameedeh @DigitalUmmah@Christianlady @reisiger @IbnSina @Laayla

The governor of North Dakota told the Standing Rock tribal chair  Dave Archambault that he has decided to call out the National Guard in anticipation of the court decision ,which is expected any time. There are now an estimated 5,000 Water Protectors out there.

Please  keep the tribal lawyers in your prayers... as well as the Tribal Chair. He has an entire reservation plus thousands of people  of over 100 tribes plus other allies in Sacred Stone and Red Warrior Camps to think about. Last phone feed I saw of him he looked like he hadn't slept for days.

there will likely be an appeals process no matter how the judge rules tomorrow, so we still may be in for a long haul.

lastly, as some of you already know...some of my kids are on on the front lines. I was hoping the NG would not be called in.

But it is what it is.

Please continue your prayers.

thank you for thinking of us.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Sioux Falls, South Dakota news station says that Bernie Sanders opposes Dakota Access Pipeline and is standing with those in Standing Rock:

“Like the Keystone XL pipeline, which I opposed since day one, the Dakota Access fracked oil pipeline, will transport some of the dirtiest fuel on the planet. Regardless of the court’s decision, the Dakota Access pipeline must be stopped. As a nation, our job is to break our addiction to fossil fuels, not increase our dependence on oil. I join with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and the many tribal nations fighting this dangerous pipeline.”

1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

The governor of North Dakota told the Standing Rock tribal chair  Dave Archambault that he has decided to call out the National Guard in anticipation of the court decision ,which is expected any time. There are now an estimated 5,000 Water Protectors out there.

Please  keep the tribal lawyers in your prayers... as well as the Tribal Chair. He has an entire reservation plus thousands of people  of over 100 tribes plus other allies in Sacred Stone and Red Warrior Camps to think about. Last phone feed I saw of him he looked like he hadn't slept for days.

there will likely be an appeals process no matter how the judge rules tomorrow, so we still may be in for a long haul.

lastly, as some of you already know...some of my kids are on on the front lines. I was hoping the NG would not be called in.

But it is what it is.

Please continue your prayers.

thank you for thinking of us.

ammayn yujeebul muztarra izaa du'aa, wa yaqsheh fuss sooh

we, the shia, have been crying for 1400 years about tyrants cutting the water off from the innocents.

we are all with you.

I will remember you all again in my amaal tonight

22 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ Nope.

@hasanhh on another note...lol... Along with wonderful support,there is the other side that always shows up like bad weather....wish I could share with you some of the " communications"  the groups  have gotten (as an educational exercise)...but it would break just about every ShiaChat rule. 

:ko:

You forgot --or did not know yet-- there is a warrant-for-arrest out for one protestor: Jill Stein.

Like painting the blade of a bull dozer is criminal vandalism.

Added thought: Since A-dorable Hillar is a "liberal interventionist", an enemy to Muslims, convinced Obama for her ideas on blasting and ruining Libya and signed off on using Gulf states convicts to form lS; let SC vote for Stein.

Edited by hasanhh
Added thought:

15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

You forgot --or did not know yet-- there is a warrant-for-arrest out for one protestor: Jill Stein.

Like painting the blade of a bull dozer is criminal vandalism.

Added thought: Since A-dorable Hillar is a "liberal interventionist", an enemy to Muslims, convinced Obama for her ideas on blasting and ruining Libya and signed off on using Gulf states convicts to form lS; let SC vote for Stein.

Yes, I was aware of Stein's arrival at the scene and her actions. :D

unless there is more news I have not seen ( sorry....had to deal with some trolls that hit a coalition site I was helping admin last night, so am on my way to prayer and a bit of sleep and have not checked the latest) Hillary is notoriously Missing in Action and Obama was playing dumb in Laos.

no surprise, but both of them make me want to puke right now,

@notme @reisiger @Gaius I. Caesar @hameedeh @Laayla @DigitalUmmah@Christianlady@Bakir@hasanhh

No ruling today.

delayed until the 14th.

I hope this means the tribal lawyers are giving them what-for.

don't know when my kids will get back.

On the Shia front: SG ( staying behind for now with DD) was so angry at the  videos of destruction of graves by bulldozers that, besides fussing at the computer screen in  rather" energetic "Arabic,  he channeled it into work. Chopped down two dead trees into firewood and weeded the entire garden patch.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@hameedeh @Gaius I. Caesar@Laayla@DigitalUmmah@notme@reisiger @Christianlady@Bakir@hasanhh

Well, this has been a confusing day.

First, it was said there would be no ruling.

Then, there was a ruling on the tribe's stop-work injunction,

It was denied.

THEN the federal agencies responsible said work should stop anyway on its public land and asked the oil company to stop on private land.

Now it looks like the Obama administration is moving to revoke permits? If so...yaaaas!

The Standing Rock tribe said it will appeal and seek another injunction.

The Yankton Sioux tribe is now suing to stop the pipeline.

( This pipeline company really getting " Siouxed")

Meanwhile Sacred Stone and Red Warrior camps vow to stay put.

Average of 10 tribes per day are joining the Coalition.

wow.

“The Army will not authorize constructing the Dakota Access pipeline on Corps land bordering or under Lake Oahe until it can determine whether it will need to reconsider any of its previous decisions regarding the Lake Oahe site under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) or other federal laws,” the statement said. “Therefore, construction of the pipeline on Army Corps land bordering or under Lake Oahe will not go forward at this time. The Army will move expeditiously to make this determination, as everyone involved—including the pipeline company and its workers—deserves a clear and timely resolution. In the interim, we request that the pipeline company voluntarily pause all construction activity within 20 miles east or west of Lake Oahe."

"Regardless of the court's decision today, we are winning the spiritual battle,” said Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II in a statement. “We must continue to have faith and believe in the strength of our prayers and not do anything in violence. We must believe in the creator and good things will come. We will continue to stand united and peaceful in our opposition to the pipeline.”

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@LeftCoastMom I read the Reuters article about the federal judge denying the request and then Obama interjecting his own 'cease and desist' order until 'concerns' can be addressed. That the Corps of Engineers owned some of this land, using it might have been a subsidy to the pipeline company and explain why this route was chosen. (?)

Gotta Q, Leftie: Since SC has had coverage --thanks to you, mostly-- of this pipeline protest, maybe we can start a new tribe: Native American Shi'a.

Now, if we can just get treaty recognition, ... 

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@LeftCoastMom 

Gotta Q, Leftie: Since SC has had coverage --thanks to you, mostly-- of this pipeline protest, maybe we can start a new tribe: Native American Shi'a.

Now, if we can just get treaty recognition, ... 

There is so much squirrelly stuff on the background of this pipeline....still slogging through legal documents....lol!

Sooo...how do you like sacred sites bulldozed, a water supply threatened,women and children attacked by vicious dogs....and so the arrest warrants are put out for......

Jill Stein and Amy Goodman!

Give me a break, America! :ranting:

@hameedeh  @Gaius I. Caesar @DigitalUmmah @Christianlady @hasanhh @Bakir @notme @Laayla  I thought you might enjoy seeing our canoe tribes come into Standing Rock. The canoes were trailered , mostly from up and down the Pacific coast,but put into the river for the formal arrival. This is all about the water anyway! 

Edited by LeftCoastMom

@LeftCoastMom My heart is breaking and I have tears in my eyes when I see these two recent videos. I love unity. When people become united they can achieve great things. My prayers are with the Native people and all others who stand with those at Standing Rock, and those who can't be there but send their prayers and best wishes.