LeftCoastMom

Water is Life: Standing Rock

7 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ Yes and it is a mess...especially in western North Dakota. There is concern with messing up the Oglala aquifer, etc. This has to stop.

image.jpeg

I stand with Rolling Rock, so l do not have much moss, therefore l go with Rock n' Rolling

21 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@LeftCoastMom

I was telling Mom about the pipeline and how the Ogallala Lakota were protesting because it would affect the water supply and I told her that if I had the means and the money to, I'd go to Standing Rock and protest against the pipeline too. @notme

Thank you...I know you would be there too if you could be.

Would not be surprised to find some of your co-religionists out there already. Lots of reinforcements have arrived.

So....the count is between 2,500 and 5,000 defenders in various blockades.....mostly Sacred Stone and Red Warrior, I think. The Elders are totally in charge and everyone is well-behaved. 

The governor has lost his cookies anyway and declared some sort of emergency status on the counties surrounding Standing Rock, complete with road closures and event cancellations. The Tribal Chair told him that was totally unnecessary and to let people come and see the Rez, the Parks, whatever and to let the locals get about their business.....because even the governor has  admitted no one has been hurt in all the standoffs. 

The work on the Pipeline has stopped until the court date Wednesday, in spite of the restraining order on the tribe...lol.

The propaganda machine has still been trying to spin this as violent, but that has been challenged by the social media and sometimes by the foreign press, including some British papers (@DigitalUmmah ?)

There are some reports of surveillance by FBI, etc. and to keep travel plans under wraps, etc. Typical. Some of my family members and I are going to start dealing with some of the media soon on their idiocy.

Don't know what will happen next. Thanks for the prayers again.

image.jpeg

Well, the judge did not make a ruling today...as I expected. Could take up to two weeks and there will be an appeal date on the 14 th of Sept. For whomever is not happy with the ruling. 

This could take a while. In the meantime there supposedly won't be any drilling....we'll see. There was a rally at the Courthouse in DC and the Tribal Chair of Standing Rock was visibly moved by all the support from both natives ( 89+ tribal nations have signed on in support with more joining every day as well as many other organizations) and non-natives. Every day more native groups and others move into the defender camps. ( Supporters from My daughter-in-law's  tribe arrived two days ago.)

The judge did, IMHO, correctly assess this as an issue of no consultation between the Standing Rock Lakota and the US Army Corps of Engineers. So here we are in 2016 with the Lakota facing off against the US Army again. They should remember the Lakota beat them badly  on the battlefield....twice. This time pray for the tribal lawyers.

This is finally getting into the national press ( about time!) due to social media and the international press....made it to the front page of the New York Times! Thank you to all of you who shared stories or pestered your media to cover this!

In the meantime, the Dept. of Homeland Security in North Dakota has tried to restrict or cut of the water supply to the defender camps (removed the state water tanks and trailers at the defender sites, refused to let toilets be emptied) , and there is interference with cell phone service....  using the old  excuse of some " unruly" or " unlawful" behavior even while admitting it was a peaceful protest. Jerks!!   Although some defenders  have their own supplies, the tribe ( being state citizens too and taxpayers) had requested  extra water assistance  from the state.  There are women and children in those camps and it still gets up to the nineties during the day out there. Even Amnesty International has weighed in on that and told them they need to protect the defenders.

Thank you for the prayers...keep it up please!

@Gaius I. Caesar @Christianlady @hameedeh @DigitalUmmah @notme @Ruq @Bakir @Ali_Hussain @IbnSina

image.jpeg

If anyone has any advice for keeping a Shia son-in-law calm and cool whilst the ethnic group his wife and soon-to-be baby are members of are part of a support  action and receiving incoming ummmm... " negativity"  ( it occurs to me that ,although the rest of us have all been here before, this IS his first time at this particular  rodeo), I'm all ears. He's doing sort of okay...but really gets ticked off at the racism and ignorance. 

Edited by LeftCoastMom

16 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, the judge did not make a ruling today...as I expected. Could take up to two weeks and there will be an appeal date on the 14 th of Sept. For whomever is not happy with the ruling. @Gaius I. Caesar @Christianlady @hameedeh @DigitalUmmah @notme @Ruq @Bakir @Ali_Hussain @IbnSina

image.jpeg

Salam LeftCoastMom,

It's so sad how people don't understand how important water is; it's tragic that there even needs to be a court case over this. :(

This could take a while. In the meantime there supposedly won't be any drilling....we'll see.

Yay!!! Way to go!!! Y'all are AWESOME!!! Without y'all taking a stand, drilling would have already been underway.

There was a rally at the Courthouse in DC and the Tribal Chair of Standing Rock was visibly moved by all the support from both natives ( 89+ tribal nations have signed on in support with more joining every day as well as many other organizations) and non-natives. Every day more native groups and others move into the defender camps. ( Supporters from My daughter-in-law's  tribe arrived two days ago.)

It's so cool how people are coming together to help protect the water!!! May God greatly bless y'all!!! If I could, I'd join too.

The judge did, IMHO, correctly assess this as an issue of no consultation between the Standing Rock Lakota and the US Army Corps of Engineers. So here we are in 2016 with the Lakota facing off against the US Army again. They should remember the Lakota beat them badly  on the battlefield....twice. This time pray for the tribal lawyers.

Lawyers can get a lot more done than warriors killing other warriors in this day and age.

This is finally getting into the national press ( about time!) due to social media and the international press....made it to the front page of the New York Times! Thank you to all of you who shared stories or pestered your media to cover this!

Awesome!!! :)

In the meantime, the Dept. of Homeland Security in North Dakota has tried to restrict or cut of the water supply to the defender camps (removed the state water tanks and trailers at the defender sites, refused to let toilets be emptied) , and there is interference with cell phone service....  using the old  excuse of some " unruly" or " unlawful" behavior even while admitting it was a peaceful protest. Jerks!!   Although some defenders  have their own supplies, the tribe ( being state citizens too and taxpayers) had requested  extra water assistance  from the state.  There are women and children in those camps and it still gets up to the nineties during the day out there. Even Amnesty International has weighed in on that and told them they need to protect the defenders.

I'm so glad Amnesty International is getting involved!!!

Thank you for the prayers...keep it up please!

Praying! Keep up the good fight, and may God bless y'all with success!!!

Peace

12 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

@Christianlady @LeftCoastMom

i prayed for my native american brothers and sisters last night - I hope god grants them victory over the opressors

Salam DigitalUmmah,

That's awesome! I pray for them too. :)

As an American who looks like and identifies more as a descendant of immigrants from the British Isles, I'm ashamed of the immigrants who invaded and stole from and killed Natives of this beautiful land. :( If I could go back in time and change that, I would. I just hope my ancestors weren't involved in the bloodshed. :( 

While I wish I had stronger Native ties, I don't have concrete proof of even one connection. (Being told all my life that I have a great... grandmother who is Cherokee and my Mom having a pic of her are not considered proof, which is understandable.)  

However, that doesn't change the fact that Native Americans are my brothers and sisters in Christ and/or are my brothers and sisters in humanity. Their rights are extremely important, based on the law Jesus Christ gave to His followers that so many Christians horribly have and do disobey: to love one's neighbors as oneself and do to others as you would have them do to you.

Anyways, I very much admire your love and care for oppressed people in the USA!!!

Peace and may God greatly bless you!

Thanks to all of you.....it means a lot that so many folks are starting to care.

. @DigitalUmmah....probably got the British press on it all by himself...lol.

@Christianlady ....yes,besides the native philosophy, there is also the deep symbology of baptism in my mind.....reminder of the sacred aspects of water for many faiths.

@Gaius I. Caesar Happy Birthday to another true Shia Gentleman. Many joyful returns of the day. Glad you are here to cheer us in challenging times.

Everybody else gave a great day. My hubby and I are taking a break and going out to celebrate yet another year of wedded bliss. :party:

Edited by LeftCoastMom

And the KKK has to get into the mix.

Predictable.

Those folks will show up to any inter-ethnic conflict spouting racist garbage as sure as bad weather. Lol.

Love getting into dust-ups with them and our homegrown pack of Neo-Nazis.

Well, SG is getting an education, I must say. 

image.jpeg

^ I figure if you can't show your face, you must be embarrassed to be identified with what you are doing, and if doing it embarrasses you, you shouldn't do it.  Never understood these KKK weirdos.

24 minutes ago, notme said:

^ I figure if you can't show your face, you must be embarrassed to be identified with what you are doing, and if doing it embarrasses you, you shouldn't do it.  Never understood these KKK weirdos.

I once saw a dyslexia advert which had a KKK guy holding up a sign saying "I HATE GINGERS". I love stuff like that

1 hour ago, notme said:

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I once saw a dyslexia advert which had a KKK guy holding up a sign saying "I HATE GINGERS". I love stuff like that

They generally are not the brightest bulbs on their family tree.

I have suggested the local crop  be  rounded up and sent to fight ISIS. 

Let the haters cancel each other out.

It's a win-win.

:dry:

Edited by LeftCoastMom

6 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

And the KKK has to get into the mix.

Predictable.

Those folks will show up to any inter-ethnic conflict spouting racist garbage as sure as bad weather. Lol.

Love getting into dust-ups with them and our homegrown pack of Neo-Nazis.

Well, SG is getting an education, I must say. 

image.jpeg

Salam LeftCoastMom,

I think the KKK should be illegal in the USA. I wish they would repent. I don't understand why they call themselves Christians; they disobey Jesus' commands to love all the time! Also, I don't think they understand that Jesus and Mary and Jesus' apostles are all Jewish.

I still don't get why the KKK hate Jews and Native Americans and everybody who doesn't look or act or believe like them. :( Their hatred against other people is horrible and evil and is totally anti Christ, since Christ commands his followers to love, bridging the divide between Jews and Gentiles with the Good Samaritan parable. 

Peace and God bless you

^It's horrific that the government would cut off water supplies to try to suppress people exercising their right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances, but it's excellent that their neighbors have stepped in to help.

^ I'm hoping it will get through the road blocks. The Cherokee Nation will be sending it from Oklahoma to North Dakota. I'm thinking other native nations will follow suit. The " Homeland Security" folks up there got ticked because they said there were" lazer pointers "being aimed at surveillance aircraft . Oh, and someone got a speeding ticket. Big-time terrorist activities. So they pulled the water stations.

I myself cannot get over the " pipe bombs".

image.jpeg

Edited by LeftCoastMom