Assalamallikum,

I was reading Popular Science and in the "100 Best" innovations -in real time- the first one is a vaccine for dengue fever produced by Sanofi Pasteur.

:clap:

The article said dengue was four viruses together. l personally never knew that, and l have read on it before -in a lay kind of way.

Thought: probably a 'lame' one :accident: ,but if dengue fever is 4 viruses, then can an emerging virus work in conjunction with existing viruses to create a new complicated disease?

We all carry rheumatic , poxes, cold and other viruses ... so a pneumonic 'trigger' could create a new scourge? ? ?

Viruses are crazy anyway. They aren't alive by the conventional definition, but they consume, evolve, adapt, and reproduce. I don't see any reason why they can't gang up in new ways. Maybe a lot of common illnesses are caused by viruses without us realizing it.

25 minutes ago, notme said:

Viruses are crazy anyway. They aren't alive by the conventional definition, but they consume, evolve, adapt, and reproduce. I don't see any reason why they can't gang up in new ways. Maybe a lot of common illnesses are caused by viruses without us realizing it.

From what l understand, prions are worse and unstoppable.

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

From what l understand, prions are worse and unstoppable.

I had to look up prions. I had heard the word before but didn't know anything about them. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:26 AM, notme said:

I had to look up prions. I had heard the word before but didn't know anything about them. 

Prions are a kind of replicating molecules. CJD from BSE (bovine spongiform encepalthy (sp?), scabies are 3 examples.