Salam,

Oh man, I should have made a post like this way earlier... Anyways, this will be my first Muharram as a shia. I was hoping if anyone knows which shia mosques in Ottawa have their majles or lectures in English. I'm kind of nervous to go because, I looked up "ottawa majles" on youtube and they don't appear to be in English. I don't live near a shia mosque or imambargah, and I don't have any shia friends irl

Allah (swt) bless 

14 minutes ago, MaryamAfghan said:

Salam,

Oh man, I should have made a post like this way earlier... Anyways, this will be my first Muharram as a shia. I was hoping if anyone knows which shia mosques in Ottawa have their majles or lectures in English. I'm kind of nervous to go because, I looked up "ottawa majles" on youtube and they don't appear to be in English. I don't live near a shia mosque or imambargah, and I don't have any shia friends irl

Allah (swt) bless 

You may want to look into this masjid:

http://imamalimasjid.ca/

They seem to have had English lectures as early as the past Eid al-Ghadir.

Meanwhile you might want to look into listening to online majalis:

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

6 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

They seem to have had English lectures as early as the past Eid al-Ghadir.

Meanwhile you might want to look into listening to online majalis:

I listen online usually, but really want to actually go. Thx!!!!

On 10/1/2016 at 6:19 PM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Late response, I know.

I used to know some people who attend this Mosque and of course a majority speak English. Maybe you can inquire who the owner of this Mosque is and request a lecture in English? If I went, I wouldn't understand it in Arabic either. 

Try sending an email for a request.