Haydar Husayn

Do Catholics Worship Mary?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, andres said:

Which catholics are you talking about?

Just some catholics, not any specific group.

Theologically, it's impossible to worship Mary.

Its supposed to be intercessory with Mary. Like asking your big sister to ask your father for something for you . You're not worshipping your sister or mistaking her for your dad. Mary is a very mother-like figure for many Catholics. Do I know what is going on inside the heads of a lot of devout BVM-respecting  Catholics? Nope. Nobody in my family ever felt they were worshipping Mary, though. That's for God.

1 hour ago, Yacoub said:

Just some catholics, not any specific group.

Could it be, if they exist, that they  represent Catholicism as little as ISIS represent Islam.?

18 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Theologically, it's impossible to worship Mary.

Its supposed to be intercessory with Mary. Like asking your big sister to ask your father for something for you . You're not worshipping your sister or mistaking her for your dad. Mary is a very mother-like figure for many Catholics. Do I know what is going on inside the heads of a lot of devout BVM-respecting  Catholics? Nope. Nobody in my family ever felt they were worshipping Mary, though. That's for God.

But how are they worshiping god if they don't pray to god or when they need something they can't ask god for it because some Catholics like i said don't feel worthy enough to pray to god almighty.

18 hours ago, andres said:

Could it be, if they exist, that they  represent Catholicism as little as ISIS represent Islam.?

Some Catholics pray to other christian saints but i don't think catholics worship Mary or other saints.

1 hour ago, Yacoub said:

But how are they worshiping god if they don't pray to god or when they need something they can't ask god for it because some Catholics like i said don't feel worthy enough to pray to god almighty.

Who told you there are Catholics that do not dare praying to God?

5 hours ago, Yacoub said:

Asking intercession is not worshipping.