"Drag my name through mud, and i'll come out clean"

"They say the great die young, so i must be on my way"

"Behind every successful person hides a pack of haters"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

"I have not failed, i've just found 10,0000 ways that don't work"

"it's not polite to stare.....but i understand"

"Jealousy is a terrible disease...... get well soon"

"fellas call me 'ice' cuz whenever i walk in to the room everyone freezes"

"And just when you thought you were the coolest person in the room- i walked in"

"Don't hate what you cant imitate"

"Teach me to hate, I'll teach you to fear"

"Criticize me when you reach my level" 

"Its mind over matter, I don't mind because you don't matter" 

:D

Edited by 110FatimaBintulHuda

"The gentleman concerns himself with the Way; he does not worry about his salary. Hunger may be found in plowing; wealth may be found in studying. The gentleman worries about the Way, not about poverty." (Confucius)

"The gentleman is in harmony with those around him but not on their level. The small man is on the level of those around him but not in harmony with them." (Confucius)

"The manner by which women are treated is a good way to judge the true state of a society."

So true... some related quotes follow: 

"For 80% of female victims, first rape occurred before age 25; for 42%, before age 18. In 2010, the study reveals that 1.27 million American woman were raped--equivalent to one woman every 29 seconds--and 5.1 million were stalked--equivalent to one woman every 7 seconds."

Only three out of every 100 rapists will ever spend even a single day in prison, according to a new analysis by RAINN of Justice Department data. The other 97 will walk free, facing no consequences for the violent felony they have committed. Because rapists tend to be serial criminals, this leaves communities across the nation at risk of predators.

The latest “rape culture” to be exposed – in recent documentaries, lawsuits, and legislative hearings – is embedded within the United States military. As The Guardian reported in 2011, women soldiers in Iraq faced a higher likelihood of being sexually assaulted by a colleague than they did of dying by enemy fire.

"Any job you go to could have sexual harassment. It's not just the military."

The raped American women speak: 

"American youth are being sold the concept that women and girls’ value lies in their youth, beauty and sexuality"
"The Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film found that only 5% of movie directors were women in 2011; this is a decrease from the reported 9% of female movie directors in 1998"
"In the 100 top grossing films of 2007-09...female characters were more likely to be depicted wearing sexy clothing, partially nude"

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iraq and roughly 80 other countries have more women in Parliament than the USA. 

CLynn, 

People are used to all the extremist (right-wing neocon) propaganda you regularly spout, so it would probably be regarded as such. 

Your hatred of Iran is clear.

If someone points out how badly women are treated in America, instead of accepting it you want to retaliate against Iran. Sad. 

No, you cannot. Empty words. Just accept some things are really messed up in the great US of A.

Greetings Marbles,

I never said they weren't.  Things are messed up in all the world... just to differing degrees, and in different ways... and some more visible, and some more hidden.

Salaam.

Things are messed up in all the world... 

Hardly any country comes close - 

97 of Every 100 Rapists Receive No Punishment in the USA 

Only three out of every 100 rapists will ever spend even a single day in prison, according to a new analysis by RAINN of Justice Department data. The other 97 will walk free, facing no consequences for the violent felony they have committed. Because rapists tend to be serial criminals, this leaves communities across the nation at risk of predators.

http://www.rainn.org/news-room/97-of-every-100-rapists-receive-no-punishment

Considering there is capital punishment for rape in Iran (not simply a few days in jail as in the US - if that - see post #92), it appears that as usual CLynn is ignorant about this as well. 

Edited by aliasghark

CLynn: "The manner by which women act is a good way to judge the state of society." Your #88 Post needed correction.

Marbles: Ref #97; the only "great" with "U.S. of A." is its debt. And you can add 'hubris', too.

"Considering there is capital punishment for rape in Iran"

If it can be proven..

and if the woman is not blamed...

That may be true, I don't know. But somebody else being wrong doesn't make wrong less wrong.

"The manner by which women act is a good way to judge the state of society."

Greetings hasanhh,

I could go with that.  The original quote I posted was not one of my own making. :)

But I'd say, with your version we'd also have to include;

"The manner by which men act is a good way to judge the state of society."

or,

"The manner by which men, and women, act, is a good way to judge the state of society."

I still feel the original quote says it best, for the way women are treated is an indication of the behavior of its men.  :)

also the way women act is an indication of the behavior, and treatment of, them by its men.  ;)

Salaam.  :)

Edited by CLynn