CLynn

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Tell me Holden Caulfield,
What would the world be like if innocence was never lost?

There would be no hatred?

After fighting over that special toy, we’d hug.
Then skip off to the swings holding hands, best friends once again.

There would be no prejudice?

Red, yellow, black, brown and white would be the colors of the rainbow.
Each as beautiful and important as the next, treated with respect.

There would be no abuse?

Hands would only be used for safe, gentle touches.
Mouths would only speak affirming words of love.

There would be no sin?

Everyone would always do the right thing, putting others first.
No guilt, no need for forgiveness, no scars.

There would be no fear?

Boogey Men, monsters-in-closets, and strangers wouldn’t exist.
Wild animals would be pets, bodies wouldn’t bleed, and no one could ever get lost.

There would be no worries?

Days would be filled with an egg-yolk sun, cotton candy clouds and Monopoly money.
Nights would be filled with a cream cheese moon, twinkle Pops and carousel dreams.

Tell me, Holden Caulfield,
What would the world be like if innocence was never lost?
©tellme.cs.02.12.2009

Whether it comes from a despotic sovereign or an elected president, from a murderous general or a beloved leader, I see power as an inhuman and hateful phenomenon. I have always looked on disobedience toward the oppressive as the only way to use the miracle of having been born.

__Amin Maalouf

The Serenity Prayer :)

is the common name for an originally untitled prayer by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr(1892–1971). It has been

adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous and other

twelve-step programs.

The best-known form is:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I

cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_

Prayer#Precursors

http:

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Shariati

Our prayers in the Quran are better. Don't think that's useful here.

CLynn must have watched the PBS program on J.D.Salinger --the man who wrote "Snatcher in the Rye"

Greetings hasanhh,

It's a poem shared by one of my online blog friends.

I've never read Catcher in the Rye and I didn't see the program on J.D. Salinger, although it sounds as though it would be interesting.

Salaam,

CLynn

Our prayers in the Quran are better. Don't think that's useful here.

“Oh My Lord! grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

خداوندا به من آرامشی عطا کن که بپذیرم آنچه نمی‌توانم تغییر دهم و جراتی که تغییر دهم آنچه را که می‌توانم و علمی که تفاوت این دو را دریابم”

Ali Shariati

“Oh My Lord! grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

خداوندا به من آرامشی عطا کن که بپذیرم آنچه نمی‌توانم تغییر دهم و جراتی که تغییر دهم آنچه را که می‌توانم و علمی که تفاوت این دو را دریابم”

― Ali Shariati

And your point is......??

The best ambassador is a warship.

__Michelle Howard. US Navy woman officer.

Greetings Marbles,

I'd like a thumbs down, or an 'unlike' button for that one.  Wouldn't you agree?

Salaam,

CLynn

Edited by CLynn

"Do not call onto any beings other than Allaah. These are capable of neither benefit nor harm. To do so is therefore guilty of wrongdoing. When Allaah inverts you with an affliction, none can remove it except Him."
[The Qur'aan 10:106-107]

6.GIF

Translation: Your nest is not atop the dome of a royal palace

you're a royal falcon, build your nest on a mountain peak

Allama Iqbal

Greetings Marbles,

I'd like a thumbs down, or an 'unlike' button for that one.  Wouldn't you agree?

Salaam,

CLynn

Yes, but if you 'liked' it, you'd be actually saying you 'unlike' the message in the quote.