Hello all, 

I was wondering, why aren't there many Iranians on Shia Chat? The majority of individuals on Shia Chat are desis, and there are only a few Iranians on this site. Theoretically, shouldn't there be more Iranians since Iran is the largest Shia country, and most Iranians are proud to be Shia Muslims. 

4 hours ago, MuhammadXII said:

I was wondering, why aren't there many Iranians on Shia Chat? The majority of individuals on Shia Chat are desis, and there are only a few Iranians on this site. Theoretically, shouldn't there be more Iranians since Iran is the largest Shia country, and most Iranians are proud to be Shia Muslims. 

despite what bakris are told by their mullahs, Iranians only make a very small % of the worlds shia. there are more desi shia than there are iranian. this site is actually a pretty accurate representation of the worlds shia community - mostly desi/ arab, small number of iranian, even smaller number of reverts. 

26 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

despite what bakris are told by their mullahs, Iranians only make a very small % of the worlds shia. there are more desi shia than there are iranian. this site is actually a pretty accurate representation of the worlds shia community - mostly desi/ arab, small number of iranian, even smaller number of reverts. 

They are not supposed to be anything like 40 % of shia world population ?

13 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

They are not supposed to be anything like 40 % of shia world population ?

not the best source I know, but i think it serves my purpose fairly well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam#List_of_nations_for_which_the_Shia_population_may_be_estimated

Number of Iranians (average estimation) - 68 Million, estimated percentage of global shia population - 32.5%

Number of Desi i.e. Indian & Paki (Average estimation) - 80 Million, estimated percentage of global shia population - 36%

its more difficult to estimate iranian shia living outside Iran, as well as desi shia living outside south asia - but I GUARANTEE that it will be more than 36% of the global shia population

It's a matter of language. The site's main language is English, which is not Iranians' native language. Moreover, as far as I can say, other Shias in other countries such as Pakistan and India as well as Arab countries are better than us at the English language.

14 minutes ago, kamyar said:

It's a matter of language. The site's main language is English, which is not Iranians' native language. Moreover, as far as I can say, other Shias in other countries such as Pakistan and India as well as Arab countries are better than us at the English language.

Are there shia forum in persian language ?

8 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Why do you care?

I just want to know how many Iranians are on this site. 

7 hours ago, magma said:

Ugggggh......

Hello my Iranian brother! 

5 hours ago, Zendegi said:

To what lengths do I have to go to prove this guy is a troll whose on his second account after only getting banned last year?

Hmm... 

5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

not the best source I know, but i think it serves my purpose fairly well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam#List_of_nations_for_which_the_Shia_population_may_be_estimated

Number of Iranians (average estimation) - 68 Million, estimated percentage of global shia population - 32.5%

Number of Desi i.e. Indian & Paki (Average estimation) - 80 Million, estimated percentage of global shia population - 36%

its more difficult to estimate iranian shia living outside Iran, as well as desi shia living outside south asia - but I GUARANTEE that it will be more than 36% of the global shia population

There are actually 82,000,000 Iranians as of June 2016, 90% of whom are Shias. 

1 hour ago, kamyar said:

Yeah that's definitely true. 

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

Are there shia forum in persian language ?

Yes, there are many and in different kinds. I don't know the number of members in these forums, but they exist.

6 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

^Not all Iranians identify as Iranian. For example some groups within Iran identify with their ethnicity as opposed to nationality. Such as Kurds and Balochs. 

You may mean "not all Iranians identify as Persian". Kurds and Balouchs in Iran are Iranians, in terms of nationality, but they are not Persians, in terms of ethnicity.

23 minutes ago, kamyar said:

Yes, there are many and in different kinds. I don't know the number of members in these forums, but they exist.

You may mean "not all Iranians identify as Persian". Kurds and Balouchs in Iran are Iranians, in terms of nationality, but they are not Persians, in terms of ethnicity.

Yes. However you also got to them remeber outsiders tend to use 'Iranian' and 'Persian' interchangeably.

On 8/26/2016 at 9:50 AM, MuhammadXII said:

Hello all, 

I was wondering, why aren't there many Iranians on Shia Chat?

Because we speak english dude!!! Neither do you see Chinese on the internet... i meant, barely on facebook/twitter... despite Chinese are the largest Internet Nation., because they're non-English speaking countries... and sole reason you see Indians and Pakistani everywhere... because English is the official language here... it might come to you as a surprise... Pakistan is the 3rd largest English Speaking country. After United Sates and India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

Edited by ZainHaider

2 minutes ago, ZainHaider said:

Because we speak english dude!!! Neither do you see Chinese on the internet... i meant, barely on facebook/twitter... despite Chinese are the largest Internet Nation., because they non-English speaking... and sole reason you see Indians and Pakistani everywhere... because English is the official language here... it might come to you as a surprise... Pakistan is the 3rd largest English Speaking country. After United Sates and India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

I knew that. Also, that map shows that 40-60% of Iranians know English, so your argument doesn't hold up. 

Edited by MuhammadXII