Olaff8388

How to Heal a Broken-Hearted Soul?

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

What is one to do in this situation . . .

When prayers, supplications, and reading the Holy Quran, with the intention of finding a soul-mate through Holy Islamic Matrimony, fails?

When the first question which Muslim people inquire about is your marital status, but they do nothing to fulfill that inquiry?

When you have listened to the preaching of the importance of marriage by Holy personalities and scholars for years, but it never seems to apply to you?

When you watch Muslim people get married, but you are never invited to celebrate or congratulate, and you are left by all by your lonesome?

When you lose hope and lose your ability to practice Islam because of sexual frustration, and the circumstances mentioned above (Loss of faith)?

When you shed tears day and night because all you are left with is the dating game, even though you are truly a believer in the Ahlul-Bayt and Islam?

When you have no prospects for a Marriage based on Love, even though you have spent a lifetime soul-searching, for the right one, and keeping yourself chaste for that purpose?

These are issues which pop-up for many Muslims on a daily basis; but there is no one there to resolve them, counsel them, or to provide a sense of assurance for them. 

So how does One heal a 'Broken-Hearted Soul'? Is it even possible?

Abu Sulayman Ahmad bin Hawtha al-Bahili narrated from Abu Iss’haq Ibraheem bin Iss’haq an-Nahawandi from Abdullah bin Hammad al-Ansari from someone that one of the companions had come to Abu Abdullah as-Sadiq (as) and said to him:

“May I die for you! By Allah, I love you and love whoever loves you. O my master, how many your Shia are!”

Abu Abdullah as-Sadiq (as) said: “Would you please mention them?”

The man said: “They are too many.”

He said: “Could you count them?”

The man said: “They are much more than to be counted.”

Abu Abdullah as-Sadiq (as) said: “If the number becomes three hundred and a little more then what you want will happen. Our Shia are those, whose voice dose not pass beyond their ears, nor does their zeal go beyond their body, nor do they praise us openly, nor quarrel with anyone because of us, nor sit with anyone criticizing us, nor talk with anyone abusing us, nor love whoever hates us and do not hate whoever loves us.”

فقلت: فكيف أصنع بهذه الشيعة المختلفة الذين يقولون إنهم يتشيعون؟

فقال: فيهم التمييز وفيهم التمحيص وفيهم التبديل، يأتي عليهم سنون تفنيهم، وسيف يقتلهم، واختلافٌ يبددهم. إنما شيعتنا من لا يهرّ هرير الكلب ولا يطمع طمع الغراب، ولا يسأل الناس بكفّه وإن مات جوعاً.

قلت: جعلت فداك، فأين أطلب هؤلاء الموصوفين بهذه الصفة؟

فقال: أطلبهم في أطراف الأرض، أولئك الخفيض عيشهم، المنتقلة دارهم، الذين إن شهدوا لم يعرفوا، وإن غابوا لم يفتقدوا، وإن مرضوا لم يعادوا، وإن خطبوا لم يزوّجوا، وإن ماتوا لم يشهَدوا، أولئك الذين في أموالهم يتواسون، وفي قبورهم يتزاورون، ولا تختلف أهواؤهم وإن اختلفت بهم البلدان.

The man said: “Then how do we deal with these different groups, who pretend that they are Shia?”

He said: “They will be tried, purified and distinguished. Years come that will perish them, a sword that will kill them and disagreement that will scatter them. Our real Shia are those, who do not growl like a dog, do not covet like a crow and do not ask people for alms even if they die of hunger.”

The man said: “May I die for you! Where can I find such a kind of people?”

He said: “You can find them in the far sides of the world. They are those, whose lives are so simple, whose abodes move from place to another, who if are seen, will not be known, if absent, will not be missed, if become ill, will not be visited, if propose to a woman, will not be married and if die, their funerals will not be attended. It is they, who divide their monies among them, who visit each other in their graves and who never disagree even if their countries are different.”

From the Kitab Al-Ghayba

Edited by celestial

4 hours ago, celestial said:

Abu Sulayman Ahmad bin Hawtha al-Bahili narrated from Abu Iss’haq Ibraheem bin Iss’haq an-Nahawandi from Abdullah bin Hammad al-Ansari from someone that one of the companions had come to Abu Abdullah as-Sadiq (as) and said to him:

“May I die for you! By Allah, I love you and love whoever loves you. O my master, how many your Shia are!”

Abu Abdullah as-Sadiq (as) said: “If the number becomes three hundred and a little more then what you want will happen. Our Shia are those, whose voice dose not pass beyond their ears, nor does their zeal go beyond their body, nor do they praise us openly, nor quarrel with anyone because of us, nor sit with anyone criticizing us, nor talk with anyone abusing us, nor love whoever hates us and do not hate whoever loves us.”

فقال: فيهم التمييز وفيهم التمحيص وفيهم التبديل، يأتي عليهم سنون تفنيهم، وسيف يقتلهم، واختلافٌ يبددهم. إنما شيعتنا من لا يهرّ هرير الكلب ولا يطمع طمع الغراب، ولا يسأل الناس بكفّه وإن مات جوعاً.

فقال: أطلبهم في أطراف الأرض، أولئك الخفيض عيشهم، المنتقلة دارهم، الذين إن شهدوا لم يعرفوا، وإن غابوا لم يفتقدوا، وإن مرضوا لم يعادوا، وإن خطبوا لم يزوّجوا، وإن ماتوا لم يشهَدوا، أولئك الذين في أموالهم يتواسون، وفي قبورهم يتزاورون، ولا تختلف أهواؤهم وإن اختلفت بهم البلدان.

The man said: “Then how do we deal with these different groups, who pretend that they are Shia?”

He said: “They will be tried, purified and distinguished. Years come that will perish them, a sword that will kill them and disagreement that will scatter them. Our real Shia are those, who do not growl like a dog, do not covet like a crow and do not ask people for alms even if they die of hunger.”

He said: “You can find them in the far sides of the world. They are those, whose lives are so simple, whose abodes move from place to another, who if are seen, will not be known, if absent, will not be missed, if become ill, will not be visited, if propose to a woman, will not be married and if die, their funerals will not be attended. It is they, who divide their monies among them, who visit each other in their graves and who never disagree even if their countries are different.”

From the Kitab Al-Ghayba

Insha-Allah

Do not rely on your feelings, feelings are fleeting. They come and go.

Do not rely on humans to be the source of anything for you, they will let you down sooner or later, rely on Allah(SWT).

Do not strive for what this dunya has to give and dont seek pleasure and happiness because that is not our objective and that is not what we were created for.

Do not expect comfortability, we were created into hardship.

You will be dead soon enough, so dont loose focus. Whatever happens or dont happens, alhamdulillah it is kheyr iA. Pray for what is best for you and what will make you a better muslim and accept whatever fate is given to you and say alhamdulillah.

And never fall into despair because if you do you have denied that Allah(SWT) is the most merciful. So rely on his mercy and that he will give it you whether it is in this short life or the eternal one waiting for us or both, and say alhamdulillah regardless.

7 hours ago, celestial said:

From the Kitab Al-Ghayba

This is one narration that really consoles every broken heart. Whenever I used to feel sad and lonely I would read this one again n  again. Not that I consider myself as  Shia but thinking if I have to be one then I should be ready for trials even the hardest ones... And one of them is to be rejected by women for marriage for no Islamic reason !!! 

11 hours ago, celestial said:

From the Kitab Al-Ghayba

This deserves a million salawat. It pretty much describes my life and I bet the lives of many other shia. 

He said: “You can find them in the far sides of the world. They are those, whose lives are so simple, whose abodes move from place to another, who if are seen, will not be known, if absent, will not be missed, if become ill, will not be visited, if propose to a woman, will not be married and if die, their funerals will not be attended. It is they, who divide their monies among them, who visit each other in their graves and who never disagree even if their countries are different.”

Yepp, family pretty much ran out on me when I was in court.  Even when I flipped over in a car with my kids inside, no one came to visit me, Layla and Isa. One of my uncle's is a doctor too, lol.  Sometimes I think that even if I was on fire, they wouldn't even ............. on me.  

On 8/25/2016 at 0:55 AM, IbnSina said:

Do not rely on your feelings, feelings are fleeting. They come and go.

I see her face in every woman, everywhere that I go. I hear her voice. I think about her night and day, unintentionally. For 32 of my 32 GOD forsaken years of life. Heh. Those are far from feelings my friend. 

Do not rely on humans to be the source of anything for you, they will let you down sooner or later, rely on Allah(SWT).

We all live in unity under GOD. He is our King. Who else could I possibly rely upon?

Do not strive for what this dunya has to give and dont seek pleasure and happiness because that is not our objective and that is not what we were created for.

Striving for education so that maybe she would give me a second chance. 

Do not expect comfortability, we were created into hardship.

Pain and suffering is prevalent, glad tidings are few. Its just the world we live in today. 

You will be dead soon enough, so dont loose focus. Whatever happens or dont happens, alhamdulillah it is kheyr iA. Pray for what is best for you and what will make you a better muslim and accept whatever fate is given to you and say alhamdulillah.

Sooner than not, Inshallah.

And never fall into despair because if you do you have denied that Allah(SWT) is the most merciful. So rely on his mercy and that he will give it you whether it is in this short life or the eternal one waiting for us or both, and say alhamdulillah regardless.

Mashallah.

10 hours ago, Olaff8388 said:

I see her face in every woman, everywhere that I go. I hear her voice. I think about her night and day, unintentionally. For 32 of my 32 GOD forsaken years of life. Heh. Those are far from feelings my friend. 

Do you think about Allah(SWT) that much?

If you cannot have her in this life, what makes you think that Allah(SWT) cannot grant you her in the next one? The next one which is eternal and where your youth does not fade away, where feelings does not fade.

On 8/24/2016 at 7:01 PM, Olaff8388 said:

:bismillah:

What is one to do in this situation . . .

When you lose hope and lose your ability to practice Islam because of sexual frustration, and the circumstances mentioned above (Loss of faith)?

When you shed tears day and night because all you are left with is the dating game, even though you are truly a believer in the Ahlul-Bayt and Islam?

When you have no prospects for a Marriage based on Love, even though you have spent a lifetime soul-searching, for the right one, and keeping yourself chaste for that purpose?

These are issues which pop-up for many Muslims on a daily basis; but there is no one there to resolve them, counsel them, or to provide a sense of assurance for them. 

So how does One heal a 'Broken-Hearted Soul'? Is it even possible?

You are partially correct and partially incorrect in this statement. 

First, I agree wholeheartedly that most communities, at least in the West, are completely overcome by love for the Dunya, so this has stopped their correct and Islamic based thinking around the issue of marriage. Instead of marriage being a practical exercise in how to build up the Islamic community and satisfy the needs of our youth, it has become a vehicle for muslims to attempt to realize their unrealistic dreams of the dunya. I have been saying this for years. I could expand on the subject, but it seems that noone is listening or cares what I have to say about this. Moving on. 

At the same time, If Allah(s.w.a) has made something incumbent on you, He(s.w.a) has also made it possible for you. That is called Adl, or Justice of Allah(s.w.a) and we as muslim are required to believe in the Justice or Adilat of Allah(s.w.a). Disbelieving in His(s.w.a) Justice is equivalent to disbelieving in Him(s.w.a). 

As a man or women, there are always prospects for marriage. You need to look around and expand your horizons in this regard. Especially, it seem, with South Asians (and some Arabs also), the parents play this game with the minds of their children where they tell them you can only marry someone whom they pick for them and they can only do so after they have finished their post graduate education and have a large amount of money in the bank. That is, of course, false and against Islam, but most brothers and sisters go along with this and then end up getting corrupted. 

They tell themselves and each other, 'Well I am do 'Ahsan', goodness, to parents and the Quran says this'. Yes, but the Quran also says, in the same ayat, 'If they ask you to join partners with Allah, DO NOT OBEY THEM'. 

When Allah(s.w.a) says, 'These are the requirements for marriage, 1, 2, 3'

And parents say, 'These are OUR requirement for marriage, 1,2,3'. And the 1,2,3 is different between Allah(s.w.a) and your parent and you obey your parents with the thought in your mind that your parents requirement 1,2,3 are the requirements and not the requirements of Allah(s.w.a), then they are asking you to join partners with Allah(s.w.a) and you are obeying them. This is something that Allah(s.w.a) tells you not to do. 

So if brothers and sisters do this, then they really have noone to blame except themselves. Because Allah(s.w.a) gave us many options regarding marriage. 

And there needs to be an uprising in the community against these cultural, non Islamic practices regarding marriage. I keep waiting for it to happen, been waiting a while now. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

27 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

And there needs to be an uprising in the community against these cultural, non Islamic practices regarding marriage. I keep waiting for it to happen, been waiting a while now. 

Keep waiting... such things will only happen until our Imam(ajf) returns and the time is near iA.

Common what's all this negativity? Lower your expectations of you future spouse. Go to other countries, I'm sure you'll find someone lol. There are shia girls getting old caused no one proposed them. 

Sitting at home and waiting. Will not bring you any wife lol. Or rather sitting at home and waiting for the society to change or for Imam Zaman to come. Common! 

13 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Do you think about Allah(SWT) that much?

If you cannot have her in this life, what makes you think that Allah(SWT) cannot grant you her in the next one? The next one which is eternal and where your youth does not fade away, where feelings does not fade.

I was talking about Fatimah (May God be pleased with her). My mother, my sister, my aunt, my cousin, my lover, my life. 

12 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Keep waiting... such things will only happen until our Imam(ajf) returns and the time is near iA.

Beautifully said. Ahsan brother.

10 hours ago, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

Common what's all this negativity? Lower your expectations of you future spouse. Go to other countries, I'm sure you'll find someone lol. There are shia girls getting old caused no one proposed them. 

Sitting at home and waiting. Will not bring you any wife lol. Or rather sitting at home and waiting for the society to change or for Imam Zaman to come. Common! 

Boooo, poor comment. Never despair in the bounties of thy Lord!.

If you think God's mercy is you opening your mouth and he chucking food in it, then you've understood it completely wrong.

God says in the Quran that he will not change the condition of a nation until they change it themselves. You have to strive for it first then you'll see his mercy.

Unless you go actively looking, and also accepting that in the real world, you will never find perfect girls. Sitting at home and waiting for a girl to knock on your door for marriage, will not happen. 

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

34 minutes ago, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

If you think God's mercy is you opening your mouth and he chucking food in it, then you've understood it completely wrong.

God says in the Quran that he will not change the condition of a nation until they change it themselves. You have to strive for it first then you'll see his mercy.

Unless you go actively looking, and also accepting that in the real world, you will never find perfect girls. Sitting at home and waiting for a girl to knock on your door for marriage, will not happen. 

If it was that easy, our Imams wouldn't have mentioned it like in the hadith. Problem is the abundance of corruption, unfaithfulness, impiety, hypocrisy in this dark age we live in. The more you become a striving Shia, the harder it gets to find a husband/spouse, because people around you would be unworthy for you to be a soul mate. Especially if you are living in a society where Shias are minority. All in all, we are humans, not machines, and the heart gets heavier and heavier after each break, at one point you just give up and you start to live inside yourself, because you feel that's better than being hurt by someone.

Edited by celestial

31 minutes ago, celestial said:

If it was that easy, our Imams wouldn't have mentioned it like in the hadith. Problem is the abundance of corruption, unfaithfulness, impiety, hypocrisy in this dark age we live in. The more you become a striving Shia, the harder it gets to find a husband/spouse, because people around you would be unworthy for you to be a soul mate. Especially if you are living in a society where Shias are minority. All in all, we are humans, not machines, and the heart gets heavier and heavier after each break, at one point you just give up and you start to live inside yourself, because you feel that's better than being hurt by someone.

Yes it is hard to find the one that is your match. I am not denying that. But what I am saying is that one should do their job and leave the rest to Allah (SWT). You see, giving up and despairing, is in fact despairing in Allah's mercy.

We should also do some compromising. If you don't find the perfect match, look for a lesser one. Make sure u don't negotiate deen and akhlaq, but be do some compromising for the rest of characteristics. And even for deen an akhlaq, lower your standards abit, cause you'll never find another Fatima Zahra (as) in this world. Just make sure their deen and akhlaq is at least above the base level. Thats it.

And in the end, again, with dua, and making the right intentions, and doing the work, I am 100% Allah (as) will show his mercy and will give something which will make one satisfied. 

Not being married for life, shouldn't be an option. In Islam Allah has made things easy. Worst case scenario, if you don't find a shia girl, go look for good sunni ones. And if u can't even find that, go look for people of the book. Allah (SWT) has allowed these and made these options open for us. 

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

6 hours ago, Olaff8388 said:

I was talking about Fatimah (May God be pleased with her). My mother, my sister, my aunt, my cousin, my lover, my life. 

I do not understand now, this is confusing.

Please clarify.

On 8/28/2016 at 4:55 PM, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

No, that is not what I think. I did not mean to offend anybody, but these are questions that, as FreeSpirit said, "are personal and relate to many of us." Who wouldn't want to find true love. Shopping for a wife isn't exactly easy, as women are not a product, they are the Earth we walk upon. Especially, when many brothers and sisters are able to find that relationship, one would wish to be like them too, why not? If not, isn't this inequality or a form of bias? So, while practicing abstinence eventually I reach a point where I would give in to more lustful intentions than not. This is in fact a sin, not settling for less. Again, it is an emotional topic and people's lives differ from person to person.

On 8/28/2016 at 5:28 PM, celestial said:

I agree, there is an abundance of corruption, not only on a global scale, on a scale against communities and individuals. Living inside oneself may not be living inside oneself, but living inside of pain and suffering on account of others instead. I don't know if I should share that personal information on these public boards, but it would make the topic more suitable. I apologize if I made anyone here upset, really. I am actually suffering from anxiety and behavioral illness, so please bear with me on here, if you would. I mean no harm.

On 8/28/2016 at 11:03 PM, IbnSina said:

I do not understand now, this is confusing.

Please clarify.

Well, a man searches for a women like those whom he loves. Zahra (May God be pleased with her) is our blessed lady of our faith, we look up to her piety and rights, as we do to our care giving mother and female figures. Ultimately, I am searching for a woman who is represented by Zahra (May God be pleased with her) . I have faith that she (May God be pleased with her) is my guide in finding a wife, naturally. 

I don't know what you meant by shove food in your mouth by the way, could you clarify?

And what makes you think I wait for a wife to come to me? I study very seriously and hard. I am capable of many types of work. I do strive... Maybe even too patiently. 

Edited by Olaff8388