Chaotic Muslem

Diet Altering Sexual Orientation

@Bakir I told you so.. it is all in your junk food 

I heard of paleo diet helping balance sex hormones out. Such as paleo men having more testosterone, paleo women having better estrogen balance, and how soy can cause estrogen dominance in men. If paleo can physically make a man more of a "man" and a woman more of a "woman", then why not mentally?

I am bisexual, but have realized that progressively my preferences have been leaning more on the 'straight' side, even though I still like both sexes. I've been paleo for about a year. I don't know of any personality changes, except I am more "aware" of things around me and less autistic. Hopefully no one sees diet as a potential ex-gay therapy alternative, because I believe you still need to be naturally predisposed to becoming gay.

Sounds ridiculous, but possible? After all we are what we eat, and our minds are influenced by the chemical compositions in our brains, which control our sexual preference.

http://www.paleohacks.com/hormones/diet-possibly-altering-my-sexual-orientation-22313

This is probably one of many reasons, and it seems true and I read somewhere that soy, liquorice, water bottles have something in it which increases estrogen and decreases testosterone, I don't know if this is related or not. I think its called Bisphenol-A.

What of cultures in which soy consumption has historically been high? Or is this theory only in relation to processed soy? 

I think it's more a social thing than diet related, though diet might have some minor impact. I think humans have always been created with diverse brain chemistry, and the numbers of individuals in a society who take action on biologically non productive urges will depend on cultural acceptance. 

4 minutes ago, notme said:

What of cultures in which soy consumption has historically been high? Or is this theory only in relation to processed soy? 

I think it's more a social thing than diet related, though diet might have some minor impact. I think humans have always been created with diverse brain chemistry, and the numbers of individuals in a society who take action on biologically non productive urges will depend on cultural acceptance. 

In Japan, for example, they eat soy and use it for many cases, and this is why their men have become so feminine, and the birthrate is dropping, and they are not marrying

Just now, Ali al-Abdullah said:

In Japan, for example, they eat soy and use it for many cases, and this is why their men have become so feminine, and the birthrate is dropping, and they are not marrying

Again, I think that's more cultural. Japanese culture places higher emphasis on work than on marriage and family. But they've been eating soy foods for thousands of years and they still reproduce as well as they want to. 

As for liquorice, it is an anaphrodisiac. It reduces the libido (as coffee, zaatar and tobacco). It's actually good if one is struggling with the libido hahah.

As for the rest... SC is known to have a new gay threads spree each few weeks. This thread is the outcome xD. Where is Darth Vader to complain hahah.

29 minutes ago, notme said:

Soy is one huge topic and sexual orientation is another huge topic XD

But basically, soy is not a single compound, It is a plant with so many compounds and properties. It can have varying effects. Then there is soy added to food and hormones taken from soy and added to whatever , then there is the organic vs the gm soy. Up to 89% of soy in USA is GM. We know that about USA but we might not find the figures in India and Brazil, 2 major GMO producers.

Then we got to think of how homosexuality is formed. Islam before science said it happens in womb. Islam also put emphasis on food restrictions for reasons unknown to us. 

Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes

http://scitechdaily.com/homosexuality-might-develop-in-the-womb-due-to-epigenetic-changes/

eddie Says: 

Over the last 45 years I have noticed a huge increase in the number of Homosexuals and have wondered why their has been such a huge increase between the 70’s and the 90’s. I believed in College in 1972, for which I was verbally abused by my Micro Instructor, that their had to be a Mutation of some sort going in the womb. This is the same Micro Instructor who I had a go around with the previous year about the effects of Partially Hydrogenated fats reacting exactly the same in Cholestrol Lab tests. So my question now is what external substance or life style, is creating the mutations in the womb. Since man I believe is primarily primed to be Hetrosexual for the main purpose of the survival of the species, then homosexuality has to be a mutantion happening in the womb also evidenced by “manish” women and Feminie Men. Is the increase use of illegal drugs by the female populace, or the increased use of Alcohol, or Pesticides in the food chain or even Corn Syrup or food perservatives and additives, antibiotics in growth hormones in Beef and Dairy Products? I do see a marked differnce in the children produced by Vegans, in my observation of only a few couples, the children tend to be more afraid or less agressive which would have been a huge negative a few thousand years ago when warring tribes were almost the norm. So it would be interesting to see a concerted effort to try and find the cause for the mutations within the womb. And no, I am not an expert who has been taught to think in the box, to be accepted by such low lifes as my former College Professors whose huge Egos were threatened by anyone like myself thinking out side of the box..And still do..

The thing with epigenetic is that it is "changeable" . It is the part through which our environment interacts with our gene. Most influential factor of our environment is food!

So maybe Soy dose not play a role in initiating the epigenetic mark, but the excessive use of it make that mark active?

Hey @Bakir at least i was correct. Check how much soy n the junk food yourself! 

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

3 minutes ago, Bakir said:

I like soy sauce when ordering my spring rolls :(

See, soy sauce is one of those ancient foods. Textured vegetable protein meat substitute is new, for example.

17 minutes ago, Bakir said:

I like soy sauce when ordering my spring rolls :(

No one is listening to me. Once in an exam there was a question : What is the best intervention for obesity : physical activity blah blah, diet blah blah blah blah

i scratched over them all and wrote mine : Ban coca cola lol! 

sersly, just stop eating junk! ITist even food. It is JUNK

But no one is taking me serious

Prophet Muhammad salla Allah aalayhi wa aalih said " Stomach is the house of illness and the root of remedy"

المعدة بيت الداء و اصل الدواء

but no one is benefiting from his knowledge anymore!

1 minute ago, Bakir said:

We need an anti-gay diet CM XDDD!

I'm serious 

It isn't only gayness. Lots of issues that are related disturbed hormones and disturbed neurotransmitters.

Why do you think people today are crazy or overly depressed? Why so many are infertile? why women got these beards?

If you think that cleaner life, including cleaner food, isn't going to change your life.. well my friend you are then an oxymoron!

I just looked up that word by the way before someone close this thread or give me a ban!

1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

3 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

I'm serious 

It isn't only gayness. Lots of issues that are related disturbed hormones and disturbed neurotransmitters.

Why do you think people today are crazy or overly depressed? Why so many are infertile? why women got these beards?

If you think that cleaner life, including cleaner food, isn't going to change your life.. well my friend you are then an oxymoron!

I just looked up that word by the way before someone close this thread or give me a ban!

1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Yes but read about bisphenol A, it is in plastic bottles, and it causes feminization of men. Its also in liquorice, either that or something similar.

Edited by Ali al-Abdullah

5 hours ago, celestial said:

It's not just about soy. It's about GMO.

It's not just about x, it's about y!

These are great realisations, eventually, it leads back to;

"It's not just about religion and science, it's about lifestyle and ethics!"

Religion and Science conversations that we have all the time, on everything from sexual orientation, to health, to sustainable and Halal food etc.. are just us making sense of lifestyles we play out and ethics we follow -

Islam is super simple and Holistically deep all at once - we keep mining answers from it that eventually make us go "Oh yeah, that's really kind of obvious for living a wholesome life" - when Religion and Science catch up.

Now I have a long way to go before I get near a content feeling of Tawakkul (trusting and relying on Allah completely) - but this thread reminds me, that I should probably be completely unsurprised when things like Halal and Sunnah diets, line up scientifically with epigenetics and libido/hormone production.

10 minutes ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Exactly. Its a degenerating mental disease. Nothing else 

Society crippling and mercilessly destructive paranoia is a degenerating mental disease too.

Something that our beloved Muhammad (s.a.w) and his Ahlul Bayt never practised; but we seem to find really good excuses to do.

The balance must be observed and protected. Discussion must be had, if there is any hope of staying true to the Islam of the Ahlul Bayt.

otherwise we might as well close our ears and eyes and be blind and deaf like those whom we think are misguided.

17 hours ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Yes but read about bisphenol A, it is in plastic bottles, and it causes feminization of men. Its also in liquorice, either that or something similar.

Xenoestrogens! That's the word you are looking for :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7611844

http://www.treelite.com/NF/2008/03/Wake-Up-Men-Your-Masculinity-is-Under-Attack

https://gachiyellow.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/fact-there-is-no-gay-gene-but-there-are-chemicals-that-turn-people-gay/

http://modernherbalmedicine.com/articles/for-men-only-2.html

lol 

Evolution or Extinction of Men

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/endocrine-disruptors-mens-health/

We had a similar topic before... XD but it wasn't science. It was some societal  mental breakdown.

6 hours ago, Hayy ibn Yaqzan said:

Society crippling and mercilessly destructive paranoia is a degenerating mental disease too.

Something that our beloved Muhammad (s.a.w) and his Ahlul Bayt never practised; but we seem to find really good excuses to do.

The balance must be observed and protected. Discussion must be had, if there is any hope of staying true to the Islam of the Ahlul Bayt.

otherwise we might as well close our ears and eyes and be blind and deaf like those whom we think are misguided.

I don't know what you are trying to say, and I don't judge your intentions, that is for Allah (swt) alone. But I agree.

2 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Yes, xenoestrogen. :p

1 hour ago, notme said:

It's a sign of the end.

I agree. Its written in Hadith its one of the signs of Qiyama. Ya Mahdi (ajtf).