Sign in to follow this  
Rasul

"Playing Chess" - Ignorance of Ahmad al-Hassan!

I admire your work, continue that. We have to expose the faker Ahmad Hassan.

However, this post is a fail from your side (in all due to respect). Even Sayed Khomeini and Khameini have the opinion that you can play chess if it's not treated as gamble (or something like that).

45 minutes ago, Ali-F said:

However, this post is a fail from your side (in all due to respect). Even Sayed Khomeini and Khameini have the opinion that you can play chess if it's not treated as gamble (or something like that).

Salam,

The first Islamic source I read about Islam was the Quran.

And no matter how much I tried to get in line with certain ahaadith prohibiting chess ...

I can and do not see how chess can be categorized as gambling.

Edited by Faruk

3 hours ago, Ali-F said:

Brother, you are commanded to follow Ahl al-Bayt (as). Now, read this famous tafsir of ayah [also mentioned in al-kafi]:

علي بن إبراهيم في ( تفسيره ) عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن هشام ، عن أبي عبدالله ( عليه السلام ) في قوله تعالى : ( فاجتنبوا الرجس من الاوثان واجتنبوا قول الزور ) قال : الرجس من الاوثان : الشطرنج ، وقول الزور : الغناء

Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from Ibn Abi `Umayr from Hisham from Abu `Abdillah (as) regarding the saying of Allah “And shun the filth of idols and shun the speaking of falsehood” He said: The filth of idols is chess and the speaking of falsehood is singing.

Shia References:
Source: Tafsir al-Qummi by ‘Alī ibn Ibrāhīm al-Qummī, Volume 2, page 84,

Edited by Rasul

23 minutes ago, Rasul said:

Brother, you are commanded to follow Ahl al-Bayt (as). Now, read this famous tafsir of ayah [also mentioned in al-kafi]:

علي بن إبراهيم في ( تفسيره ) عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن هشام ، عن أبي عبدالله ( عليه السلام ) في قوله تعالى : ( فاجتنبوا الرجس من الاوثان واجتنبوا قول الزور ) قال : الرجس من الاوثان : الشطرنج ، وقول الزور : الغناء

Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from Ibn Abi `Umayr from Hisham from Abu `Abdillah (as) regarding the saying of Allah “And shun the filth of idols and shun the speaking of falsehood” He said: The filth of idols is chess and the speaking of falsehood is singing.

Shia References:
Source: Tafsir al-Qummi by ‘Alī ibn Ibrāhīm al-Qummī, Volume 2, page 84,

Wait..wait, so you don't believe in taqlid

You've messed up, brother. Just stop. 

11 hours ago, celestial said:

What does it has to do with taqlid?

A lot.

He wrote this: " Brother, you are commanded to follow Ahl al-Bayt (as)". There's no doubt that this is true, however, because we believe in taqlid, we look what our maraja (scholars) have said upon a rulling (they read the hadiths etc.). If you ask me: "Is it haraam to play guitar" I don't find a hadith to you, I tell you what your scholar says because they know if such hadith from Ahlulbayt is reliable or not.

Brother Rasul just quoted a hadith, but I tell him that Sayed Khomeini and Khamenei have permitted chess if it's not treated as gamble (something like this), but Rasul tends to attack the cursed Ahmad Hassan, but forgets that we have scholars who allow it too. Is this not a fair point? 

Therefore, I find it funny that Rasul likes your comment, but don't reply back to me. Very weak. 

8 hours ago, Ali-F said:

A lot.

He wrote this: " Brother, you are commanded to follow Ahl al-Bayt (as)". There's no doubt that this is true, however, because we believe in taqlid, we look what our maraja (scholars) have said upon a rulling (they read the hadiths etc.). If you ask me: "Is it haraam to play guitar" I don't find a hadith to you, I tell you what your scholar says because they know if such hadith from Ahlulbayt is reliable or not.

Brother Rasul just quoted a hadith, but I tell him that Sayed Khomeini and Khamenei have permitted chess if it's not treated as gamble (something like this), but Rasul tends to attack the cursed Ahmad Hassan, but forgets that we have scholars who allow it too. Is this not a fair point? 

Therefore, I find it funny that Rasul likes your comment, but don't reply back to me. Very weak. 

Many great marjas consider playing chess as haram.

Marjas are human beings, they aren't infallible. All in all, they use their interpretion, you shouldn't follow blindly a marja. If a marja's ruling goes against clear hadiths, then you shouldn't follow.

5 hours ago, celestial said:

Many great marjas consider playing chess as haram.

Marjas are human beings, they aren't infallible. All in all, they use their interpretion, you shouldn't follow blindly a marja. If a marja's ruling goes against clear hadiths, then you shouldn't follow.

If we knew what hadith were clear and which hadith were not, we wouldn't need marjas would we?

One old topic concerning Chess and fatwas of Sayeed Khomeini r.a. and Sayeed Khamenei 

One very reasonable comment in it: 

On 28/06/2014 at 4:16 PM, A true Sunni said:

Amazing the number of Mujtahids on here. Amazing the number of people on here who pick and choose to highlight fatwas when it suits them .

Amazing the number of people on here that only follow fatwas when it suits them.

Firstly  it should be understood that words, games , procedures evolve and change over time. These words games and procedures might change so much that what was considered halal becomes haram and what was considered haram becomes halal

It is quite clear from the fatwas that the reason chess was deemed to be haram was that it was principally a gambling game like poker etc.

This situation has evolved so that now 1400 years later noone in the west certainly regards Chess as a gambling game in fact is a game of strategy.

you remove the gambling element and it becomes halal.

Horse racing the west is almost the opposite. Horse racing is now al about gambling and worth big money 

There are different verdicts in different eras - even more when it is issued by Imam al-Mahdi's pbuh Messenger , which  the topic is about, so this is not Ahmed al-Hasan's fatwa but Muhammed ibn Hasan al-Askari's fatwa because his Messenger pbuh doesn't speak without the permission of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh. 

And Ahlulbayt pbut have warned us that this will be the way the Shias will fight the Imam pbuh:

Imam AlSaadiq pbuh said"When our Qa'em rises he will face from the ignorance of the people worse than what the Prophet of Allah pbuh and his family faced from ignorance of the Era of Jahilya. How can that be? He said: The Prophet of Allah pbuh and his family came with him people that worshiped stones,rocks,rods,and sculpture, and our Qa'em when he rises, the people will face him with the interpretation of the Book of Allah, and will use it as a proof and he said: By Allah his righteousness shall enter your houses like warmth and coldness" Gaibat AlSheikh Al-Numaani p.297

Edited by Slavic Shia

17 hours ago, Slavic Shia said:

One old topic concerning Chess and fatwas of Sayeed Khomeini r.a. and Sayeed Khamenei 

One very reasonable comment in it: 

There are different verdicts in different eras - even more when it is issued by Imam al-Mahdi's pbuh Messenger , which  the topic is about, so this is not Ahmed al-Hasan's fatwa but Muhammed ibn Hasan al-Askari's fatwa because his Messenger pbuh doesn't speak without the permission of Imam al-Mahdi pbuh. 

And Ahlulbayt pbut have warned us that this will be the way the Shias will fight the Imam pbuh:

Imam AlSaadiq pbuh said"When our Qa'em rises he will face from the ignorance of the people worse than what the Prophet of Allah pbuh and his family faced from ignorance of the Era of Jahilya. How can that be? He said: The Prophet of Allah pbuh and his family came with him people that worshiped stones,rocks,rods,and sculpture, and our Qa'em when he rises, the people will face him with the interpretation of the Book of Allah, and will use it as a proof and he said: By Allah his righteousness shall enter your houses like warmth and coldness" Gaibat AlSheikh Al-Numaani p.297

Ahmad al-Hassan is ignorant dajjal, just look here: Lolz: http://shia-rafidah.com/articles/108-qaim-ahmad.html#.V7RY4k2LSUk