Jump to content
ShiaSyeda

For all Canadian Muslims...

Recommended Posts

Assalamu aleikum,
The Government of Canada is for the first time willing to make hate crimes against islam and islamophobia a punishable crime by law. The petition is going to be tabled in the House of Commons if there are at least one lac signatories. Please go to the website petition411.ca and sign it. More importantly please spread the message so more people can sign as this is a golden opportunity. It is open only till October 6th.

Here is the link to the website. https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-411

 

Edited by ShiaSyeda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to be a citizen of Canada to sign ? 

I live 15 minutes from the Canadian border, lol. 

Im going to pin this topic, if you don't mind. 

Definitely all brothers and sisters in Canada should sign this. This is a unique opportunity that does not come along very often. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

Do you have to be a citizen of Canada to sign ? 

I live 15 minutes from the Canadian border, lol. 

Im going to pin this topic, if you don't mind. 

Definitely all brothers and sisters in Canada should sign this. This is a unique opportunity that does not come along very often. 

Apparently you have to be a resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen to sign the petition. 

And sure no problem :) Insha'Allah more brothers/sisters sign this petition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShiaSyeda said:

Assalamu aleikum,
The Government of Canada is for the first time willing to make hate crimes against islam and islamophobia a punishable crime by law. The petition is going to be tabled in the House of Commons if there are at least one lac signatories. Please go to the website petition411.ca and sign it. More importantly please spread the message so more people can sign as this is a golden opportunity. It is open only till October 6th.

Here is the link to the website. https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-411

 

 

CAN I COPY WORD FOR WORD WHATEVER YOU HAVE SAID HERE AND POST IT ON MY FACEBOOK I FEEL YOU HAVE EXPLAINED IT BEST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(salam)

This is awesome news. I really like multiculturalism and tolerance in Canada. I would love to sign the petition if I would live there but I have to wait now about one year :D. This should be done in all western countries. Thank you sister for bringing this up :)

Edited by sayedamir2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree with this. I believe both a religion and it's people should be open for criticism and expression of hate towards them. 

I disagree with laws forbidding people from expressing their hate towards Islam or it's adherents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2016 at 10:32 PM, LinkZelda said:

I disagree with this. I believe both a religion and it's people should be open for criticism and expression of hate towards them. 

I disagree with laws forbidding people from expressing their hate towards Islam or it's adherents. 

I'd prefer having civilized debates. Anyone can come on here and post questions. I don't like Quran Stompings or things like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2016 at 10:32 PM, LinkZelda said:

I disagree with this. I believe both a religion and it's people should be open for criticism and expression of hate towards them. 

I disagree with laws forbidding people from expressing their hate towards Islam or it's adherents. 

bismillah.gif

I want to hear you say the same thing when someone had put a bullet in your head just for being a Muslim, then tell me you are still ok with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Endtimes said:

bismillah.gif

I want to hear you say the same thing when someone had put a bullet in your head just for being a Muslim, then tell me you are still ok with it!

Salam

This is all being done, so when the demon worshippers secret societies come with their ideologies in a more open popular way, the laws will make us shut up and not pronounce  a single word of condemnation.  

No one is saying it's ok to murder people, no one is saying to kill, but a religion and a people adhering to it, should be open to criticism and people should be able to express hate towards their practices or beliefs.

Otherwise, the crime of Mohammad becomes a crime all over again, and we will have to endure the crime of speaking out the truth and enjoining it all over again!

The Quran itself will be banned by these rules, because it speaks harshly against different groups, and then the order of Jinn worship will come about to humanity where we cannot speak a single harsh word exposing them for what they are.

 

 

 

 

Edited by LinkZelda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 9:40 PM, LinkZelda said:

Salam

This is all being done, so when the demon worshippers secret societies come with their ideologies in a more open popular way, the laws will make us shut up and not pronounce  a single word of condemnation.  

No one is saying it's ok to murder people, no one is saying to kill, but a religion and a people adhering to it, should be open to criticism and people should be able to express hate towards their practices or beliefs.

Otherwise, the crime of Mohammad becomes a crime all over again, and we will have to endure the crime of speaking out the truth and enjoining it all over again!

The Quran itself will be banned by these rules, because it speaks harshly against different groups, and then the order of Jinn worship will come about to humanity where we cannot speak a single harsh word exposing them for what they are.

bismillah.gif

Walaykum Salam.

Can you please define "hate crime"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LinkZelda said:

Salam

This is all being done, so when the demon worshippers secret societies come with their ideologies in a more open popular way, the laws will make us shut up and not pronounce  a single word of condemnation.  

No one is saying it's ok to murder people, no one is saying to kill, but a religion and a people adhering to it, should be open to criticism and people should be able to express hate towards their practices or beliefs.

Otherwise, the crime of Mohammad becomes a crime all over again, and we will have to endure the crime of speaking out the truth and enjoining it all over again!

The Quran itself will be banned by these rules, because it speaks harshly against different groups, and then the order of Jinn worship will come about to humanity where we cannot speak a single harsh word exposing them for what they are.

 

 

 

 

If you read the petition it does not say that. 

  • Islam is a religion of over 1.5 billion people worldwide. Since its founding more than 1400 years ago, Muslims have contributed, and continue to contribute, to the positive development of human civilization. This encompasses all areas of human endeavors including the arts, culture, science, medicine, literature, and much more;
  • Recently an infinitesimally small number of extremist individuals have conducted terrorist activities while claiming to speak for the religion of Islam. Their actions have been used as a pretext for a notable rise of anti-Muslim sentiments in Canada; and
  • These violent individuals do not reflect in any way the values or the teachings of the religion of Islam. In fact, they misrepresent the religion. We categorically reject all their activities. They in no way represent the religion, the beliefs and the desire of Muslims to co-exist in peace with all peoples of the world.
We, the undersigned, Citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the House of Commons to join us in recognizing that extremist individuals do not represent the religion of Islam, and in condemning all forms of Islamophobia.

___________________________________________________________

The petition is talking specifically about Islam and not about religions or beliefs in general. What part of the above do you disagree with ? 

BTW, at least in the US, there are Satanists, Wiccans, etc, who openly practice their religion here. They have their own places, gatherings, etc. So this is already happening, probably in Canada too, (though I haven't personally seen it there). 

Setting aside the Western laws concerning tolerance and multiculturalism, we, as Muslims, are not allowed to attack, either verbally or physically, or discriminate against someone ONLY because they are these religions(they are basically mushrik). There are rules to deal with these people in Islam, for example we can't marry them, we can't participate with them in their religious ceremonies(obviously), many marja' say they are najis, so we can't touch them when they are wet or eat their food. But there is nowhere in the Quran or Hadith that it says to attack them before they attack you (you can defend yourself obviously) or to discriminate against them in matters of employement, governmental benefits, steal from them, etc. 

Islam is a religion of tolerance and peace. Full Stop. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, magma said:

Define "expression". 

Say in public and try to teach the masses that Islam teaches evil things for example. Or that Muslims over all agree on evil teachings and their ideology must be condemned and not left unchecked.

Or that it's sexist or Muslims are sexist.

Whether any of these things are true is irrelevant. They should be able to express their views.

They should also be able to express their hate of Muslims and Islam's view on freedoms they desire.

I am not saying that what they are doing is not an evil deed, but this type evil deed should be allowed, lest those who speak the truth and condemn the real evils and their ideologies are forbidden to speak out.

We have to be patient, and be patient in what they say. Forbear and be patient.  Also, some of what they say maybe true. We maybe supporting evil laws in general.  Laws that contradict everything humans now know is necessary part of society and we are forbidding these necessities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2016 at 3:56 PM, LinkZelda said:

Say in public and try to teach the masses that Islam teaches evil things for example. Or that Muslims over all agree on evil teachings and their ideology must be condemned and not left unchecked.

Or that it's sexist or Muslims are sexist.

Whether any of these things are true is irrelevant. They should be able to express their views.

They should also be able to express their hate of Muslims and Islam's view on freedoms they desire.

I am not saying that what they are doing is not an evil deed, but this type evil deed should be allowed, lest those who speak the truth and condemn the real evils and their ideologies are forbidden to speak out.

We have to be patient, and be patient in what they say. Forbear and be patient.  Also, some of what they say maybe true. We maybe supporting evil laws in general.  Laws that contradict everything humans now know is necessary part of society and we are forbidding these necessities.

what? i know about freedon of speech but your comment is completely WRONGGG because people can spread hate with ignorance ,complete ignorance, and who knows if we say yeah sure go ahead say whatever abou us, people will spread misinformation who knows to the extent where people think theyre right and were wrong, be careful of what you say link. anything that goes in popularity is soon accepted as right by the majority. thats what happened with feminism, homosexuality, asking ignorant people to be allowed to spread false opinions can also result in crimes against muslims.Muslims themselves can leave islam. if i go start bashing christianity ,would it be accepted? or hinduism openly, can i criticize a hindu about worshipping idols , i could criticize one and spread hate but theyll end up attacking me and think islam is a hateful religion. of course one can spread the idea of shirk is haram but in certain areas or in better approaches so the other crowd wont react badly to hating muslims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2016 at 5:29 AM, Abu Hadi said:

But there is nowhere in the Quran or Hadith that it says to attack them before they attack you (you can defend yourself obviously) or to discriminate against them in matters of employement, governmental benefits, steal from them, etc. 

Islam is a religion of tolerance and peace. Full Stop. 

Exactly. Not sure what @LinkZelda is trying to get at. That because they want to make it illegal to discriminate against Muslims it's not allowed because now Muslims cannot discriminate against other groups? Who were we going to discriminate against? The Jews? The Christians? Kill Satanists because they worship the devil? Everyone is free to do whatever they want. Debating with them isn't going to change their minds anyways. 

Why would we even want others to discriminate against us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • I do not see the point with these polls. What is the benefit to us ?
      There could be disadvantages too, gathering information for the enemy,  
    • This site can’t be reached www.presstv.com refused to connect.   Search Google for presstv ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    • I defs agree with you. I know back home we always had relatives coming over. However when we moved to Australia, both my parents got an opportunity to socialize more.
    • So I'm not sure based on what data you're suggesting that emotional dependence or love amongst partners in the East is more than the West? Where exactly are you getting this information that this is a western culture female issue? That's a specific example but actually for the most part I'd say females want to spend more time with their partners and need more attention than vice versa. To my knowledge, this has been supported by studies, hence, the stereotypical term "clingy" is used usually for females. Generally what we know about female psychology conflicts your specific example, so the trend is not what you say necessarily. Regardless, emotional dependence is very individual and couple dependent. Some people are more independent emotionally and others aren't. Thus, why two good people may not be compatible with each other in marriage. This is not evidenced supported but I actually think Western society can be more isolating (especially when you're Muslim) so it would logically make sense to turn to a spouse more. There's always something social happening in Eastern countries, if anything the men and women are socializing and spending time with other people that are not their partners more than in the West. 
    • I think it's English.  Give it a try.  [Edit] Anyone else thinks that fish got lip fillers? 
×