ImKhizar

How to Start Hawza Life in Qom (All Steps)

Hawza Life

Before I started a Hawza life I used to do lot of research online How to get admission and stuff but I’ve never get enough information about it. So today I’ll tell you all the steps.

Ps:  It’s better to have some worldly education (At least High school or even Masters) not because they will not accept you.But If you have worldly education, you’ll have better understanding of Islamic Knowledge.

Al Mustafa International University Iran Is the head of all Hawza’s across the globe

Almost all Hawza’s are under Al Mustafa University

Admissions

There is no specific time to get admission you can take whenever you want. If you have any of following passport you might not get admission as quick (Pakistani, Indian) not because that they are racist but actually there are lot of Pakistani's Indians studying here and there space is almost full for these countries.

How to get Admission?

There are three ways to get admission

1: If there is a Jamatul Mustafa branch in your country you should contact them and fill the admission forum and wait till they accept you and send your student visa.

2: Apply Online on “rsampa.miu.ac.ir  . Fill the forum and wait till they contact you (Normally it will take around 3-9 months)

3: Visit Iran for Ziarah and visit Jamatul Mustafa in Qom and fill the online forum and wait till they do your work (it’ll take about a month) They might provide you temporary accommodation

After you get admission    

They will provide you temporary accommodation and after that they will send you to Farsi Learning School.

You’ll have 4 options

1: Qom

2: Mashhad

3:Esfahan

4: Ishtian               

You can choose from following!!!From where you want to learn Farsi and Tamhedia(Basic Islamic Laws)

Rooms are quite normal you’ll get your own bed with a small wardrobe. And you’ll have to live with other 7 students in one room

Timing

Breakfast: 7:15am

Class: Usually it’s from 8am to 1pm

Lunch: After 1pm

Dinner after Maghribain/ 8pm

Lights off 11pm

What will they provide?

Hostel

Pocket money 48 Dollars (per month)

3 time food (Thursday only 2 times and Friday no food)

Health Insurance

Ps: For married couple things are quite different

They have limited houses for couples (You might have to wait for your turn)

To Rent a house it may cost you around  45$ a month for 2 rooms but you’ll have to gave Rehen(Security) this depends on House/Area where you’re living it might be from 2000$ to 15000$ (You’ll get this money back when you’ll leave the house)

What will you do after finishing Persian & Tamhedia?

Then you’ll have to choose which Madrasa you want to go.

There is only Two options Farsi or Arabic Madrasa for advance Islamic Studies

For Example: Imam Khomenai University, Hujjatiya (They are Farsi Madrasas)

Ahlulbayt & Imam Sadiq (as) Madrassa are Arabic Madrasas

In these Madrasa they will teach you advance Islam.

Can I get a job after becoming a Scholar?

Well first of all remember that you're on Allah's way and sacrificing yourself for Allah you shouldn’t think that you won’t get a job.

There are options if you want to live in Iran as a student they’ll provide you money (Hardly enough).

Other than that there are few other options

For Example: You can be a writer, You can be a Translator, You can be a public speaker (most of the Hawza students becomes speaker)

You can go back to your country and serve your community.

Ps: If any sister wanted to start a Hawza life there are also Hawza's for sister ,,, Bint ul Huda in Qom etc

Best of Luck

If you still have any questions, feel free to ask! 

Remember me in your Prayers

Wsalaam,

are the bathrooms clean??

can i bring my laptop???

(just kidding)

What is the best education to get before hawza?

Which do you recommend Arabic or Farsi madrassa and can you do both?

what is the difference between non-advanced and advanced Islam?

what is the typical age of students and how long is it recommended to stay there?

you are awesome for sharing this info with the community, welcome to the forum brother...

Thank you so much for this useful information. Hawza life doesn't seen so hard except that you have to share a room with 7 people. You mentioned rent is $45. Did you intend to write $450? Because security deposit seems really high compared with rent. 

On 8/8/2016 at 3:23 PM, Shabbar_Abidi said:

Wsalaam,

can i bring my laptop???

(just kidding)

what is the typical age of students and how long is it recommended to stay there?

you are awesome for sharing this info with the community, welcome to the forum brother...

A peraon whos study in hawzah called: Talaba, الطلبه

Trust me, Talaba are famous to be clean, most of them, maybe the new ones aren't bcz they are newbie, but well they has a moderator above them!

You can bring your laptop, some hawzah has their own policy so ask before joining them.

I prefer farsi, since you're gonna live in iran for years, also the books are arabic in persian hawzah, means you still have to learn arabic and hey! Exams are arabic :p(alhamdullah my exams resault were 20/20 except one exam that was 16/20)

Youre far away from an advance hawzah, for example it took 10 years for me.(yes an unlimited time required for advanced scholar)

The rexommended age is starting from 14-15 to 25-30, depends on your situation, also depends on your choice if you want tocstay more and the hawzah policy

There are 2 different option for scholars:

Short time education(takes 5years or less)

Long time(takes between 3-10years and you still have an option to continue)

Long terms has 10 level of learning with different books to read.(knew someone who finished it in less tha three years, how smart and serious was he, he was hunger!)

I pref you get your diploma at least ( or any certification before your college ) before joining a hawzah.

Remember! Maybe the rooms aren't like texas hotel's room that 5 stars, but trust me, people in iy are so social, educated and momeen. You gonna love it when you gonna make dua and pray with them before Fajr pray time, the time when you all together visiting a shrine, master scholar or imam khamenei.

They are must respected people in the country.

The time when you have a massive big library to study, with books that some of them are for 1000-2000 years ago aboueverything, whej you have Maraje'e official office nearby to ask and many benefits.

YOU'RE NOT ALONE THERE ANYMORE.

Wassalam.

3 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Thank you so much for this useful information. Hawza life doesn't seen so hard except that you have to share a room with 7 people. You mentioned rent is $45. Did you intend to write $450? Because security deposit seems really high compared with rent. 

You cannot find them in the room lol, some of they are crazy and hunger to read, so they remain in the class, library or mosque to pray or study(self study or with his team partner, yes you did it right, being in a team to practice each lesson is a MUST).

Asalam u Alikum Brothers and Sisters. Sorry for the late reply i had classes in the morning and after that i was fully exhausted that's why i didn't replied.
By the way Thank you very much :)

On 8/8/2016 at 3:03 PM, zainabamy said:

Wa aleikum as salam, is Bint ul Huda accepting international admissions?

Well Bint ul Huda is not the one who will accept the admissions, Jamatul Mustafa is. When your student visa is issued they will directly transfer you to Madrasa. I think there are 2 Madrasas for Girls in Qom. Its better to contact Jamatul Mustafa Directly (#  +98 25 37172415  )

On 8/8/2016 at 3:23 PM, Shabbar_Abidi said:

Wsalaam,

can i bring my laptop???

(just kidding)

You're Welcome!

Yes you can bring Supercomputer as well haha
Well i think i don't need to elaborate any further because our brother Haimi already explained it very well

On 8/8/2016 at 10:19 PM, rkazmi33 said:

You're welcome!

Yes Hawza life is not that hard as what people think. You'll find people with different and unique qualities. For Example: "Whenever i wake up for fajar someone already organized all of our shoes in front of the room".Teachers over here are very friendly they will treat you as a friend they will always be there to help you.

Talking about the rent yes it's approx 45$ or none. Well if you pay high security deposit like for example a house with S D of 1000$ and you pay them 1500$ you might not have to pay the rent at all. Yeah it's wired but it's true one person told me that someone paid high amount of security and now he's living for free.

Assalam.

Yes we call it Rahn, رهن.

You make a contract for 1 year (for example), you will pay at start with monthly fee (to aviod a Haram contract, read about it in Feqhi books)

After 1 year you will get your money back that you gave at start ( except the money that you had to pay each month, we name this کرایه)

Maximum monthly fee cost maybe 100 $ if you do a Rahn contract.

Also you can do it without Rahn, that's different, you will pay a small fee at the start or you don't, the point is each month you have to pay for like 1500$ maximum.

Wassalam.

Thank you again for sharing this information. $45 or $100 per month is very low price. Nowadays, even people who have money are not willing to support their kids. Earning money is hard so it's hard to believe that you get everything for free in hawzas. 

If you try hard to be a good student and scholar, you will be rewarded with many things: a visit to imam khamenei h.a, Maraje Taghlid, Many of olama, Shrines, A trip, home stuff, monthly Cash, a special $ card from imam khamenei for buying extra stuff such as books or anythin thats related to study, special insurance, special ticket for buying cars or home, special offer for buying books, and more.

And yes! Dua from the man of Allah like Allame Fateminia who I'm sure he's visited imam zaman a.f.

For example: look at imam Reza a.s hawzah. It's amazing.

On 8/8/2016 at 2:07 PM, ImKhizar said:

Hawza Life

Before I started a Hawza life I used to do lot of research online How to get admission and stuff but I’ve never get enough information about it. So today I’ll tell you all the steps.

Assalam o alaykum please tell procedute to get admission in jamia tuz zehra

Edited by Hameedeh
Long quote was shortened in length.