ChristianVisitor

Are Ahmadis part of Islam or a heretical cult?

There are different groups within Ahmadi's. I personally don't know about each group, but whatever our view, we do not condone the verbal, physical, or mental abuse shown to them. We do not condone the bullying of Ahmadi's. 

40 minutes ago, magma said:

Believing in a new Prophet after the final one puts one outside of Islam. Non-Muslims by technical definition!

According to what I heard they don't treat it like a prophet but more like a messiah or Mehdi like Shias?

18 minutes ago, Zendegi said:

According to what I heard they don't treat it like a prophet but more like a messiah or Mehdi like Shias?

Not much clarity on his exact status, as far as I know. I'm sure people can argue the theological technicalities. But in essence and spirit, the whole premise is borderline questionable. Wilayah becomes a messy subject outside the proper adjuticated pathway, and when different historical people of influence are added to muddy the waters. The definition of "Muslim" is simple but very precise!

#Colonialism

#Truth is Clear From Error

I think there are two major groups within Ahmedis, with one group (the Lahori group) claiming no Prophethood for their founder (instead they say the claims of Prophethood were metaphorical), but the larger group (which I reckon is more visible, especially in the west) continue to believe in a sort of Junior Nabi-hood for their founder, who is in effect a hybrid-Madhi/Prophet. 

In practise they are very closely tied to Sunni Islam, though whenever I hear their ulema recite Quran (they have a radio show here in Urdu), it lacks any sort of Makhraj and they read it like they would read Urdu. Which is kind of...:/

Edited by BackwardsForwards