HayderM

Using Pre Protein and Post workout at the gym?

:salam:

Have any guys here used Preworkout, Protein powder and Post workout for training?

Iv'e always avoided it for the sake of it being unnatural but as a student it seems alot nicer to just go for it to replace abit of the protein I have to eat on a daily basis in terms of money. My plan is IF i was to use it to use it for up to 2 months only as I dont know much about it however have seen most people use it.

Just wondering if anyone has used it and their experiences with it?

:ws:

1 hour ago, HayderM said:

:salam:

Have any guys here used Preworkout, Protein powder and Post workout for training?

Iv'e always avoided it for the sake of it being unnatural but as a student it seems alot nicer to just go for it to replace abit of the protein I have to eat on a daily basis in terms of money. My plan is IF i was to use it to use it for up to 2 months only as I dont know much about it however have seen most people use it.

Just wondering if anyone has used it and their experiences with it?

:ws:

Yes they are good im actually taking some during this holy month to try and maintain my gains insh Allah 

There's nothing 'natural' in the world anymore. If you're looking for something natural you're going to be spending so much money on food. Grass fed meat, organic products, etc. these are natural and they cost a lot.

If you're looking for a natural protein powder, go for the vegan stuff, they take care of their products. (Vega is pretty good and has some good flavors).

WaSalaam.

Post up your diet for a day. 

Don't bother with protein powders if that isn't sorted first. 

Protein powders are good as a supplement, meaning, they can help you reach you protein requirements when you are lacking. They most certainly aren't a substitute. 

H.

13 hours ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Yes they are good im actually taking some during this holy month to try and maintain my gains insh Allah 

Thank you for the response brother

11 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

There's nothing 'natural' in the world anymore. If you're looking for something natural you're going to be spending so much money on food. Grass fed meat, organic products, etc. these are natural and they cost a lot.

If you're looking for a natural protein powder, go for the vegan stuff, they take care of their products. (Vega is pretty good and has some good flavors).

Ahh alright you raise a very good point.

11 hours ago, Hassan2jz said:

WaSalaam.

Post up your diet for a day. 

Don't bother with protein powders if that isn't sorted first. 

Protein powders are good as a supplement, meaning, they can help you reach you protein requirements when you are lacking. They most certainly aren't a substitute. 

H.

Well Iv'e just been eating clean? Try to swap rice and salad around everyday most of the week is chicken/lamb/beef and then i throw in lentils, chickpeas and such when I can. I dont touch cereals except bran flakes and wheatabix and I dont snack maybe once in a while for suhur I have a cheese sandwich then some sort of sweet after dinners. So dont really have a proper diet as of yet.

6 hours ago, Sabih said:

@HayderM Just wanted to share a nice article about Nutrition: Best to eat before and after exercise: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/nutrition-best-to-eat-before-and-after-exercise/2013/08/20/3cdff90c-f3dd-11e2-aa2e-4088616498b4_story.html

Ill read into this now thanks!

On 6/25/2016 at 7:15 AM, HayderM said:

Im following this,

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred.html

I aim to build some muscle and lower bodyfat until abs show

Unless you're genetically gifted, don't bother with building muscle and lowering bodyfat at the same time. It's a headache and most of the time it doesn't work. 

Either bulk, then shred. Or Shred then Bulk then Shred again (usually for those who have a lot of fat and not much muscle mass).

If you're skinny fat, I suggest bulking first then cutting. Generally, if you CLEAN  bulk, you will see some definition because your muscle mass is increasing. If you're a beginner you will probably see progress very quickly; newbie gains.

1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Unless you're genetically gifted, don't bother with building muscle and lowering bodyfat at the same time. It's a headache and most of the time it doesn't work. 

Either bulk, then shred. Or Shred then Bulk then Shred again (usually for those who have a lot of fat and not much muscle mass).

If you're skinny fat, I suggest bulking first then cutting. Generally, if you CLEAN  bulk, you will see some definition because your muscle mass is increasing. If you're a beginner you will probably see progress very quickly; newbie gains.

Haha thanks bro what I'm doing now is because Im on about 20% bodyfat Im going to bulk for July then cut all og august I only have two months before Uni again so wherever I get to i'll do that. When Im back at Uni will do a longer term bulk then longer cut. Will probably ditch the idea of doing both if its like you say but I'll look into it abit more. The fitness world has a billion contradictions haha.

20% bodyfat is too fat. 

You need to cut. Unless you are a powerlifter or olympic lifter, you don't need to be bulking when at 20%. 

I suggest 6 meals a day with protein as the main source and 1 protein shake after workouts only. 

Good luck.