Sign in to follow this  
Chaotic Muslem

Organic Eggs and Blood Spots

Salam,

So i tried some French eggs labeled as organic. Every single egg had a blood spot and as far as i know, we shall not eat eggs with blood spots at all ..

It makes me wonder if this is only happening for organic eggs and if we can order eggs from restaurants where we have no clue what sort of eggs they are serving us?

Mademoiselle, here in Fahwancesay we prize  ze chickon period!. It is ouwah delicacy weee wee. For vou to say reject zese eggs iz an izult to  fahwncay culture.  you rude girl!  zome one bring me zi bathsalts, si vou plait, I am about to faint from zis girl rudness to my cultureeeeeee.... weee weee bonjur i will wage war on vou for dissing my chickawn period!  

Au Revoir

Yes, a blood spot is indeed a spot of blood. But it's not the result of a bad egg or even an indication of a fertilized egg — it's the result of a burst capillary in the hen's ovary or in the yolk sac. This can be caused by many things, including the age of the hen and her diet, but it's not a sign that the hen is unhealthy or has been mistreated in any way. In short: Blood spots are unsightly, but they're also normal.
http://www.thekitchn.com/are-eggs-with-blood-spots-safe-to-eat-225251

Edited by Miss Wonderful

1 hour ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

merci beaucoup

We have an emoji for that: :sign_merci:.

We've got quite few Arabic ones and this keeps the Farsi speakers happy.