Jump to content
zainabamy

Dates 4 Syria

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

dates4syria is a wonderful idea. The website says 100% of donations will be distributed to the needy. 

Salam,

It seems a great idea, however I just wished, they would have included, Iraq and Yemen in their list too, for humanitarian purpose, but I guess for political reasons they may not be able to do so :( or don't want to do so...

From their website:

"SKT Welfare is a UK-registered charity, founded in 2008, dedicated to the delivery of humanitarian aid and solutions regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief. Its aim is to help relieve the suffering of the world’s poorest communities." 

Since its inception, the charity has accomplished several projects in the UK, Pakistan, India, Morocco, Somalia and more recently, Palestine

I guess as a syrian he wants to help home first...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

Salam,

It seems a great idea, however I just wished, they would have included, Iraq and Yemen in their list too, for humanitarian purpose, but I guess for political reasons they may not be able to do so :( or don't want to do so...

From their website:

"SKT Welfare is a UK-registered charity, founded in 2008, dedicated to the delivery of humanitarian aid and solutions regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief. Its aim is to help relieve the suffering of the world’s poorest communities." 

Since its inception, the charity has accomplished several projects in the UK, Pakistan, India, Morocco, Somalia and more recently, Palestine

I guess as a syrian he wants to help home first...

 

Yeah I agree its a shame. But at least its doing good alhamdulilah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

@certainclarity You can contact the website and suggest that they help Iraq and Yemen, too. Every organization has to start small and work their way up to help more people. One step at a time. 

If I have the direct means to have contributed to this organization, as a contributor I would have definately suggested to do so, but since I cannot and don't live in the UK, so it would be more appropriate for those who live in the UK, to make suggestions to an organization that is located in UK.

I just made an observation, though the idea is great .

It would have been great if some rich and influential lovers of Ahlul bayt would have taken such an initiative, that would include the oppressed in any of the Muslim country in such crisis.

Where I live, we have access to help Syria, Yemen, Palestine and Iraq thru red crescent and other organizations.

Would be great if you shared your thoughts.

Do you think World food program and UNICEF would be a more unbiased board, where they don't differentiate between these countries ?

Also I would like to ask how do you'll go about to check the 100% donation statement ?

Regardless of this particular site and project.

Edited by certainclarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

I would like to ask how do you'll go about to check the 100% donation statement ?

Before you donate, most organizations will provide a financial statement, if you request it. You can also search online for information about the organization on sites:

After you donate, it's common to receive a letter or email requesting a future donation, and at that time the organization will provide information about how much money is spent on fundraising, how much of your donation is siphoned off to pay someone's salary.

Since the dates4syria says that their organization distributes 100% of donations, it means that all the people in the organization are volunteers and are not paid to do work for the organization.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Before you donate, most organizations will provide a financial statement, if you request it. You can also search online for information about the organization on sites:

After you donate, it's common to receive a letter or email requesting a future donation, and at that time the organization will provide information about how much money is spent on fundraising, how much of your donation is siphoned off to pay someone's salary.

Since the dates4syria says that their organization distributes 100% of donations, it means that all the people in the organization are volunteers and are not paid to do work for the organization.    

Thank you very much for this information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×