ChattingwithShias

Which Marja Do You Follow? (Vote in Anonymous Poll!)

Rate this topic

What Marja Do You Follow? (Vote in Anonymous Poll!)  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you make taqleed to?

• I do not make taqleed to anyone
    • Ayatollah Sistani
    • Ayataollah Khamenei
    • Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi
    • Ayatollah Dastgheib Shirazi
    • Ayatollah Sadiq Hussaini Shirazi
    • Ayatollah al-Tabataba'i al-Hakim
    • Ayatollah Kamal al-Haydari
    • Ayatollah Javadi-Amoli
    • Ayatollah Rouhani
    • Ayatollah Shahroudi
    • Ayatollah Vahid Khorasani
    • Ayatollah Yaqoobi
    • Ayatollah Isa Ahmed Qassim
    • Ayatollah Najafi
    • Ayatollah Mohammad Ishaq al-Fayadh
    • Other, not listed above

Salaams to you all!

It's good to see this poll (May Allah SWT protect them all and bestow a long life to them). Sorry to hijack this post.

Firstly it is so good to see conversations about fatwas of different Maraja being discussed and 

My grave concern in recent times is the number of people disregarding taqleed altogether. I have heard words like fixed framework, how do you know who is elite and how can you trust those who identify the elite. Comments like they have their own agendas, many saying that taqleed didn't exist 200 years ago yet I see that even the Imams (AS) appointed Jurists in their time!

This is a real worry as it is unwravelling the Shia mazhab or indeed dividing it. Other comments like Qur'an and Hadith is sufficient for me (this is from the youth of our very communities) and whilst I don't wish to disrespect them but how have they suddenly become more knowledgable to even interpret Hadith ahead of those who have spent their entire lives devoted to the Qu'ran and our Masoomeen AS?

There is no harm is questioning fatwas and the Maraja are more available to us than ever before yet people are choosing to totally disregard them as not necessary...

I would be very interested to hear from those who have written in this topic as well as those who don't follow a Maraja, maybe I'm missing something here? This post isn't out to offend but I just feel shocked by how many say they no longer need to do taqleed :( and they are definitely not scholars themselves.